The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

CMLL's really ridiculous in how much content there is. The only way to follow it really is to pick out the interesting matches. I watched IWRG the other week (the first time I've really checked it out beyond the odd match on Black Terry's channel) and quite enjoyed it. The lack of crowd noise made it difficult to sit through though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Reznor i've got this hombre bala/pirata morgan combo mask that has the bandana on it and a ring worn damaged averno mask from 2001 which is half ultimo guerrero/rey bucanero with the bandana and i've got a photo of another rey bucanero mask with the bandana that i was offered which i had had to turn down due to low funds

Hombre bala/pirata morgan combo mask

DSCF0556_zpsed757463.jpg

Rey Bucanero mask i had to turn down

bucanero2.jpg

Averno ring worn mask circa 2001 photo 1

DSCF6575.jpg

Averno photo 2

DSCF6576.jpg

Also, since you mentioned the anniversary show earlier, I love Rush's performance in the main event. He is superb in that.

And, as an aside, Psycho Circus will eat the Devil Rockers for breakfast. Masked metalheads are clearly no match for deranged nightmare clowns. That's just a fact.

Nice, the black/silver one in the first post still looks the best though.

That Averno one is interesting. Do you have any background on when it was used as Averno was bitter enemies with Ultimo and Rey in 2001 as part of the Infernales/Guerreros Del Infierno feud, and it just looks like a straight half & half GDI mask. Was it maybe from when he was still Rencor Latino or something?

Also, since you mentioned the anniversary show earlier, I love Rush's performance in the main event. He is superb in that.

I generally don't like him as a tecnico, but I did like that match, as i'm a fan of El Terrible, and Rush was allowed to be a prick which feels a lot more natural. Nothing worse than them trying to force him upon us as something he's never going to be (i.e a likeable tecnico). It's somewhat mystifying why they've never followed through with the full rudo turn. But yeah, great match. I preferred the stip match before it, but that was my #1 for the year after all. Rush/Terrible probably wouldn't be far behind on my list though, defo top 5 anyway.

And, as an aside, Psycho Circus will eat the Devil Rockers for breakfast. Masked metalheads are clearly no match for deranged nightmare clowns. That's just a fact.

C'mon now, behave yourself. SuperPorkyJr Clown is currently living in absolute terror of the beastly phenomenon known as the Uro Rocker. The Rockers will crush all 3. And the insufferable midget too. :devil:

Aye, IWRG feels a bit strange in the empty warehouse. It's a fed I should like, but it's all very rough around the edges, not presented very well, and the mega-long match times are a bit offputting. Since that marvellous Pollo/Comando Mega match which must be around 2 years old now, I usually only pay attention when the oldies like Solar/Navarro/Super Astro/Pantera etc are around.

Nice, the black/silver one in the first post still looks the best though.

That Averno one is interesting. Do you have any background on when it was used as Averno was bitter enemies with Ultimo and Rey in 2001 as part of the Infernales/Guerreros Del Infierno feud, and it just looks like a straight half & half GDI mask. Was it maybe from when he was still Rencor Latino or something?

Hey Reznor satanico turned rencor latino into averno in this skit

and i dont know when in 2001 he wore the mask but it was against black warrior at arena mexico. The story behind the mask is Kenjiro bought alot of ring worn masks from Black warrior, he damaged the mask in a match with averno which he was given after the match and and i had paid $65 for a replica averno hood and Kenjiro said i could have the mask for that price as i was a good customer. He got a ring worn mistico mask he sent me photos i'll post them tomorrow and he got the actual Cobarde 2 mask from the mask match from 1986 with mano negra who is black warriors father in law hope this helps buddy.:)

Someone posted a highlight video on here ages ago of some lucha guy doing some RIDICULOUSLY crazy dives (hands-by-sides-head-first dives out of the ring, blind backwards dives from the top to the outside etc). Can someone remind me the guys name? Or even better link me to the video I'm thinking of? I remember watching it and thinking the guy was gonna end up regretting it all in the long run, but I still fancy another look!

Here's a question for some of you more regular viewers of CMLL. Are they using an actual wrestling ring these days? I ask because after watching a few recent matches not only is the ring a lot louder but the guys seem to be bumping in a more US style as opposed to the rolling technique associated with Lucha

Very much enjoyed this recent match from CMLL -

. It's a hairs match between four guys that I've never seen before, but they turn out to all be pretty great, in particular Leono (long hair, no shirt) and Zavakla (short hair, singlet). Plenty of big bumps, and really aggressive. Really dug the finishes to the second and third falls also.

Archived