The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Are there any lucha equivalents to the likes of Smart Mark on demand? My interest levels in pro wrestling aren't at a gloriously enthusiastic level at the moment, but I did go through a spell of wanting to watch AAA a while back (no one at the time could help me with DVD's, even the tape traders community had naff all).

It would be nice just to know that if my tackle was ever tickled in such a way again, that I could chuck a couple of quid to a legit source and get a decent stream to satisfy the curiosity.

For the sake of a couple of quid you could download a few ISOs from RudoReels, that in itself gives you a high quality show to watch on your computer. Beats most streams out there too, as there's never any chance of lag lol.

Hell, he's offering a free download to anyone (of the first 5) who wants to try him out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there any lucha equivalents to the likes of Smart Mark on demand? My interest levels in pro wrestling aren't at a gloriously enthusiastic level at the moment, but I did go through a spell of wanting to watch AAA a while back (no one at the time could help me with DVD's, even the tape traders community had naff all).

It would be nice just to know that if my tackle was ever tickled in such a way again, that I could chuck a couple of quid to a legit source and get a decent stream to satisfy the curiosity.

You' should never be stuck if you want to watch AAA as every show they put out is up on youtube, and in decent quality. tripleaaawrestling, TERCERACAIDANET and luchalibreaaatv are the main channels to look out for as well as the usual fan posted stuff.

Seeing i'm in this thread, it's all happening in Mexico just now - the past week or so's been a pretty huge. CMLL and AAA running big shows, both of which sounded fun, despite AAA having almost zero build. Atlantis and Ultimo shocking everyone by confirming a mask v mask match, which is arguably the biggest possible match you could have between contracted 'big 2' stars (now that Doc appears to be freelancing again). In addition to all that, we have an apparent shift towards using the old stars more, with Canek, V4 and Blue Demon showing up in AAA, and Rayo & Universo in CMLL (with Black Terry & co to follow) - all of which is welcome to me, no matter how slow they are, and despite how much the workraters groan about it.

Elsewhere we have AAA announcing an eventual brand split and signing up a tonne of indie guys probably to pad the roster out (even more) in advance, The Hamburger Kid!!~, a new big Aussie meathead debuting at Arena Mexico, Villano V's retirement lasting less than a week, and loads of fun shit. The only downsides are some of the usual dicks reappearing in AAA, and the unmasking of the excellent Namajague which will probably signal the end for him in Mexico.

It does seem like everything's happenignat once. Added to that Cibernetico and Perro Aguayo Jr heading to a hair vs. hair at TripleMania, which while it'll probably be a shit match would have been the big match if it wasn't for Atlantis vs. Ultimo.

AAA upload their own stuff on an official YouTube channel in top notch quality, that's a more legit source, and its completely free. AAA YouTube channel

It does seem like everything's happenignat once. Added to that Cibernetico and Perro Aguayo Jr heading to a hair vs. hair at TripleMania, which while it'll probably be a shit match would have been the big match if it wasn't for Atlantis vs. Ultimo.

AAA upload their own stuff on an official YouTube channel in top notch quality, that's a more legit source, and its completely free. AAA YouTube channel

If you only want to watch it on a pc monitor, then the AAA official stream is a good way to go for sure. But a 480p stream isn't of much use to me as i watch streaming stuff via my TV as i connect one of my laptops via HDMI. Anything less than 720p just looks terrible.

Looks pretty great on my HD telly going through my PS3. Richie said he wanted a legit and decent stream, all fairness to rudo trying to make his money, the AAA link ticks both of them.

No doubt, i wasn't knocking the suggestion at all. I just personally don't find the stream to be great pumped through a TV (a lot of artifacts). If they boosted it to 720p i'd be well away with it however lol. I do have to say though that the CMLL on Galavision 2013 discs i've received from RR thus far have been great in terms of quality. The Mexican adverts always make me lol. But it's most definitely a matter of personal preference in terms of how you want to view things. I get the 2013 discs because i want them in my personal collection. But i also completely relate to anyone who isn't fussed about owning it and just wants to watch it. I myself would likely watch a lot of those AAA shows if they looked decent enough on my TV, i've always enjoyed their product.

On the topic of streams, I'm pretty sure tonight is the first time the Terra feed has worked for me properly. Was a damn fun show too, some weirdness (I'm sure one of the trios matches ended up being one fall for time constraints but I was only half paying attention so maybe I missed something) and the main event wasn't great but a lot of fun.

On the topic of streams, I'm pretty sure tonight is the first time the Terra feed has worked for me properly. Was a damn fun show too, some weirdness (I'm sure one of the trios matches ended up being one fall for time constraints but I was only half paying attention so maybe I missed something) and the main event wasn't great but a lot of fun.

It looked that way, but then it would've be a bit weird as they spent an eternity afterwards showing lingering shots of the happy crowd, then the usual mic challenges, so they weren't in a hurry to get away - it looked like they were trying to kill time. But it wouldn't have been injury as they're easy to mask without upsetting the match in trios, and they didn't look particularly flustered as though it was a mess up or misunderstanding.

In short..f*ck knows!

Shame too as you can never get enough Maya and Virus.

I just wish Ultimo Dragoncito was on hand to murder that twat kissing his USA tat. :devil:

its a shame he will be seen as a clone of his cousion.

To be fair he could wrestle under a different gimmick.

If he's got the talent, bring him in under a different gimmick. If he gets over (really over), have a WrestleMania match where WWE Mysterio (retired by that point) comes out and tells him from this day forth he'll be known as Rey Mysterio Jr and puts the mask on him.. Basically a WWE version of what happened with Rey Rey down in Mexico as he was starting out.

• Paid Members
its a shame he will be seen as a clone of his cousion.

To be fair he could wrestle under a different gimmick.

If he's got the talent, bring him in under a different gimmick. If he gets over (really over), have a WrestleMania match where WWE Mysterio (retired by that point) comes out and tells him from this day forth he'll be known as Rey Mysterio Jr and puts the mask on him.. Basically a WWE version of what happened with Rey Rey down in Mexico as he was starting out.

I don't think that would work to be honest. "New" versions of established gimmicks rarely get over in WWE the way they do in Japan and Mexico. Plus Vince apparently hates the word "Junior." If he gets over enough with a different gimmick then why bother changing it back?

I'm a bit curious as to which "Son of Rey" that Donedude watched. The original, and the actual son, retired so they gave the gimmick to someone else. The original then came back and is now (The New Rey Misterio Jr) and looks quite a bit like his cousin.

Archived