The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Park/Abyss is up now. Not a whole lot to the match itself, but it's still typically fun overbooked AAA mayhem.

Worthwhile to check out this weeks undercard highfliers offering too as it's spectacular and nuts.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yes. She's amazing. People who compare her to Vickie Guerrero are mental cases. Karen The Witch is one of the best promos and actresses in the business. That skits when Sting fired her were some of the best all year.

Mind you, La Park playing belt guitar to Bad To The Bone is a visual that may never be topped. What a man.

Is Lucha Libre USA still going? I read on here that AAA's deal with them was the reason TNA couldn't bring in any Luchadors, but I thought it was dead. Is that the case?

WSX was better, but I liked RJ Brewer's spiel.

Yeah, LLUSA still exists. They're not on TV anywhere but they have 3 seasons worth of TV shows taped that they're now putting up on Hulu. They recently ran a bunch of live events too. They've got no future events advertised at this moment though, I think.

And yes, LLUSA is the reason why AAA hasn't ran any shows in the States these past couple of years, why TNA had to cover up the AAA logo on Jarrett's Title and never mentioned AAA on Impact during Jarrett's reign and also the reason why TNA cannot bring in any AAA luchadors. Supposedly though, according to Konnan, the LLUSA issue is about to be settled and AAA would once again have access to the U.S. market soon.

• Paid Members

On Figure 4 Daily today, Konnan said today that AAA has had some legal problems which restricted AAA wrestlers appearing on American television (which shows why the AAA/TNA deal has been a one way street and why there was nobody from AAA in the X tournament a few weeks back). He went on to say in September (when the contract which is stopping them ends), expect to see a few AAA wrestlers, mainly for the X Division in TNA. Who would fit into a US promotion currently?

Wouldn't be surprised if Konnan returns to be honest.

Ultimo, what can you tell me about La Fiera? I haven't seen any of his stuff but heard he was a helluva worker. Did you rate him? Any particularly outstanding matches I should track down? I heard that he was stabbed to death a couple of years back which is a shame.

I haven't seen enough of him to be honest.

Who would fit into a US promotion currently?

Daga who's entire repertoire is ROHlite, i'm sure Aerostar will probably be given something to do along with Fenix & Dark Dragon and Park would be a recognizable face/mask.

Aye, I should've said for anyone not used to flickr, you can see all 350-odd pics by clicking the setlist to the right to get the thumbnails, or clicking the picture and scrolling through all the full size ones.

Dark Dragon looked the shit too.

Looks like it could be a fun show. Shame it wasn't on PPV.

Their booking is mental though.

Archived