The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Paid Members
A few months ago, Hulk Hogan was approached by Mexico's Multimedios group to wrestle a match for a huge payday. Hogan had turned down the deal at the time, but word now is that Eric Bischoff recently approached the group to restart negotiations.

Hogan's back remains the big issue as to whether he can wrestle a full match. He has stated in recent interviews that his latest back surgery fixed his back and he does plan on wrestling again. At this time it seems more likely that he'll simply appear at the show and get physical, opposed to working a full match.

Vamp, sort me out mate. Who's he likely working with?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God knows. Its not AAA or CMLL who's chasing him, it's Monterrey. I don't follow them at all as it is, but there's also the issue of them being a bit mental. Somebody should give AAA the money to bring him in so we can have LA Park vs. Hogan and Wagner vs. Hogan. Sorry, I just don't have a clue. I'm not sure anyone will.

And since this is Monterrey we're talking about I reckon, if the match does happen, it will be something wacky like Konnan Big, Pirata Morgan & Super Parka vs. Hulk Hogan, Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. & Villano V. :)

The promotion that runs out of that arena are affiliated with AAA anyway, so if a Hogan appearance did actually come to fruition, it would no doubt feature some of their big names.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame that a lot of those photos seem to include the extreme stuff, who's getting hit with light tubes on a street? Jeesh. I have two additions to this thread which spinoff from those great photos. First, a channel with videos of outside lucha libre, LuchaLibreDeMexico I'll be honest and say I haven't really watched any of it. I'm sure it's fun though. One day I'll grab a beer and watch a show. And, since one of the photos was of Familia de Tijuana, have a video or their fantastic IWRG entrance via RobViper3 (check out some of his music videos whiel you're at it)

• 1 month later...

header0001small.jpg

Just wanted to mention I've been starting to collect lucha over the past year or so and have opened a DVD web-shop. Trying to find those who are looking for lucha as it's mostly been "puro puro puro" from the usual flow... I know there's lucha fans out there, though. :)

I've also begun to carry CMLL 2013 TV on a regular basis, so be sure to look for those in the DVD and download sections!

Trying to gauge what to get next and how much of it. I recently added Perros Del Mal, DTU, Promo Azteca, 1997 CMLL, and loads of WWC. I've got a few compilations I've made as well- Best of Mistico volumes 5-8, Best of Dos Caras Jr V1-2. Also a 2 disc best of Marco Corleone.

If anyone's interested, have a look. I'm running a 30% off sale through Sunday (March 24), just use "SALEMANIA" at checkout. If you want to avoid shipping costs there's a download section too, all are identical to the DVD versions (direct ISO image rips) and half the price. Note: downloads are not included in the 30% off sale.

RudoReels.com

I'm probably wrong but I'd have thought current CMLL would be a hard sell since its probably the easiest thing to find on YouTube.

To some, yes, it may be. But as GM said, it depends if you want it on DVD or not.

For example, when New Japan's dome show came out last year and this year--for that matter, TripleMania 20, too--I sold a ton of copies even after it was all over YouTube. Some people don't have a comfortable setup with their computer for long viewing sessions, and would rather pay a couple bucks to have it in their hand, on their shelf, and most importantly, in their DVD player at their leisure.

Plus, you can't really make best-of compilations with YouTube being your 'collection.' A lot of people collect footage for that reason. For me... the wrestling world is at my fingertips thanks to YouTube...but I have never watched more than, say, a match's worth on there. I like to "own" complete events whether it's store-bought or a recording.

So in short, you're not wrong per say, just not looking at all scenarios. :) Everyone's different.

Are there any lucha equivalents to the likes of Smart Mark on demand? My interest levels in pro wrestling aren't at a gloriously enthusiastic level at the moment, but I did go through a spell of wanting to watch AAA a while back (no one at the time could help me with DVD's, even the tape traders community had naff all).

It would be nice just to know that if my tackle was ever tickled in such a way again, that I could chuck a couple of quid to a legit source and get a decent stream to satisfy the curiosity.

Archived