The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its a shame he will be seen as a clone of his cousion.

To be fair he could wrestle under a different gimmick.

If he's got the talent, bring him in under a different gimmick. If he gets over (really over), have a WrestleMania match where WWE Mysterio (retired by that point) comes out and tells him from this day forth he'll be known as Rey Mysterio Jr and puts the mask on him.. Basically a WWE version of what happened with Rey Rey down in Mexico as he was starting out.

I don't think that would work to be honest. "New" versions of established gimmicks rarely get over in WWE the way they do in Japan and Mexico. Plus Vince apparently hates the word "Junior." If he gets over enough with a different gimmick then why bother changing it back?

I'm a bit curious as to which "Son of Rey" that Donedude watched. The original, and the actual son, retired so they gave the gimmick to someone else. The original then came back and is now (The New Rey Misterio Jr) and looks quite a bit like his cousin.

There are way too many Rey Mysterios around these day lol.. I know at one point there was Rey Misterio (Sr.), Rey Mysterio (WWE), Rey Mysterio Jr & El Hijo de Rey Misterio

Yeah but you're also intelligent enough to know that that's a different situation.

Of course it's a different situation. Doesn't mean that it's not possible for them to do something like that again. For the record, I can't see them picking this guy up anyway, let alone running that story with him, just playing a little Devil's Advocate.

Yeah but you're also intelligent enough to know that that's a different situation.

Of course it's a different situation. Doesn't mean that it's not possible for them to do something like that again. For the record, I can't see them picking this guy up anyway, let alone running that story with him, just playing a little Devil's Advocate.

out of interest how come they wont pick him up? I thought if a family member who is an ex champ and long term employee was vouching for you to get a job it would help. I hadnt even heard of him until rey rey mentioned him in an interview and i went digging.

Have any of you lads watched the Televisa feed lately? I only ask because tonight it's the Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero match. Every time i've tried it in the last year or so nothing happens. It just has a graphic saying 'xej tv'. It's not worth the hassle half the time knowing how shite the Televisa show is but I wouldn't mind watching that match

Archived