WWE RAW 29/08

Ron Simmons

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Could do, but I doubt Nash could even manage to carry a character as easy as that either.

True. Perhaps not even someone as great as Nash could carry the fetid, comedy puking, Mr 2.9 himself they call CM Punk.

True. Perhaps not even someone as great as Nash could carry the fetid, comedy puking, Mr 2.9 himself they call CM Punk.

Do you not feel Nash has been poor then? Hes been bumbling, slow and is painful to look at with the fresh hair dye still on his neck. For someone that comes across as very confident hes absolutely melted in front of a live crowd. He shouldnt have been brought back in, theres no positives to it unless Punk really is going to go over clean at a PPV

• Moderators
Do you not feel Nash has been poor then? Hes been bumbling, slow and is painful to look at with the fresh hair dye still on his neck. For someone that comes across as very confident hes absolutely melted in front of a live crowd. He shouldnt have been brought back in, theres no positives to it unless Punk really is going to go over clean at a PPV

To be honest, Kevin Nash could rape my mother and I'd cheer him onto his vinegar strokes. I am completely blinkered. I'd be happy to see him for the entire broadcast of Raw just pottering about. See, that's the major positive. Kevin Nash being on TV. I couldn't give a donkey's doo-dah on Punk going over or anything. I just like Kevin Nash. Those are the positives as far as I'm concerned.

There's probably mileage in the idea that Laurinitis may play fast and loose with the booking of this match, it would certainly give his segment on Raw a point.

Butch's idea sort of makes me sad, but it might be worth it to see the internet explode when they subordinate Punk to a broken down Kevin Nash over a long period of time..

To be honest, Kevin Nash could rape my mother and I'd cheer him onto his vinegar strokes. I am completely blinkered. I'd be happy to see him for the entire broadcast of Raw just pottering about. See, that's the major positive. Kevin Nash being on TV. I couldn't give a donkey's doo-dah on Punk going over or anything. I just like Kevin Nash. Those are the positives as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I got that from reading your posts in other related threads over the years. I like Nash too, but hes not the guy he was and hes definitely not the guy that should have been brought in to try and nurture Punks popularity. Punk has taken a massive hit since the start of August and needs something to get things back. perhaps going on last against HHH at NOC could be that but its another short sighted panic by WWE, just like bringing Punk back so fast and not doing more with his hiatus with the belt.

• Paid Members

This week, he was definitely better. The Observer said last week, he came back to the dressing room and said he wasnt going to read from a script again and for them to bullet point him if they want him to talk. Probably the reason he was wobbly the last two weeks was because he had to read the crap they wrote for him, which he never did in the WWF back in the day. Never did in WCW and never did in TNA. WWE's job is to play to a performers strengths, so if he's put off by having to remember lines he's just had to learn about an hour before, then he wont be used to it. This week he was much better. And he's recognisable and he's over. Now they've eliminated him having to blabber out lines he doesnt believe in, they can get the best out of him on the microphone. And as far as his appearance goes: he's Kevin Nash! If a film doesnt want Nash to look like he does, he cuts his hair and shaves his beard. But since he's an established star, WWE wants him to look like Kevin Nash. They dont want him to have short back and sides and short tights. They want black hair, goatee beard and to look like the former WWF champion from 1995. Hulk Hogan looks ridiculous. Triple H should probably have had a hair cut by now. John Cena and Bret Hart look like over grown 14 year olds in those jean shorts. But thats what their roles demand of them and thats what the fans want to see. Kevin Nash looks perfect for how Kevin Nash should look. He's not from developmental. He has a devined look.

• Paid Members

Didn't I read somewhere that Nash has just been making a film for which he was required to dye his hair (Tom Cruise's bodyguard in Rock of Ages), rather than it being a WWE requirement of him?

Anyway, Butch's post made me almost cry laughing. He's got a point though. I'm loving Nash being on TV, but like I said in an earlier post- I just can't get behing Punk in a feud with Big Sexy.

This week, he was definitely better. The Observer said last week, he came back to the dressing room and said he wasnt going to read from a script again and for them to bullet point him if they want him to talk. Probably the reason he was wobbly the last two weeks was because he had to read the crap they wrote for him, which he never did in the WWF back in the day. Never did in WCW and never did in TNA. WWE's job is to play to a performers strengths, so if he's put off by having to remember lines he's just had to learn about an hour before, then he wont be used to it. This week he was much better. And he's recognisable and he's over. Now they've eliminated him having to blabber out lines he doesnt believe in, they can get the best out of him on the microphone. And as far as his appearance goes: he's Kevin Nash! If a film doesnt want Nash to look like he does, he cuts his hair and shaves his beard. But since he's an established star, WWE wants him to look like Kevin Nash. They dont want him to have short back and sides and short tights. They want black hair, goatee beard and to look like the former WWF champion from 1995. Hulk Hogan looks ridiculous. Triple H should probably have had a hair cut by now. John Cena and Bret Hart look like over grown 14 year olds in those jean shorts. But thats what their roles demand of them and thats what the fans want to see. Kevin Nash looks perfect for how Kevin Nash should look. He's not from developmental. He has a devined look.

I find those satin shorts Punk's started wearing far more embarrassing than Kevin Nash's frankly sexy appearance anyway. And all that Brylcreem in his hair.

Fair points so maybe its just me, I just think a 50+ year old (i imagine) with obviously dyed hair trying to still be current is a bit of a bad move. Punks whole popularity has come from the older generation of WWE fans and to bring in a practically retired guy relatable to that same audience to feud with him is a bad move.

i dont see whats wrong with punks look, I think the best part about his look is that he doesn't have a generic look that he appears in everytime. Its just a little thing that sets him apart a bit.

I love that when Nash is involved, it all becomes real to Butch. Dammit.

He's not just advocating for Nash, he's fucking mad at Punk. It's ace. Though, i'd be the same if Razor Ramon got sober and came back to kill someone.

Michael Cole is so shit.

"UPSET UPSET UPSET UPSET!" Blatantly telegraphing that it would in fact not be an upset.

I wasn't overwhelmed by the show, but it did continue the Nash vs Punk feud nicely. Only then it changed the match at the end to Punk vs HHH. I thought Punk facing Nash in the interim while building up for a HHH match was a good way to. Ah well, lets see how it all goes.

• Paid Members
Michael Cole is so shit.

"UPSET UPSET UPSET UPSET!" Blatantly telegraphing that it would in fact not be an upset.

I actually liked how Cole sold that near-fall. He's not supposed to act like he knows it isn't really the finish, that would telegraph the two-count even more.

Cole is alright when he doesn't heel it up too much.

Archived