WWE RAW 29/08

Ron Simmons

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Randy Orton. Seriously, how great has he been in the ring this year? One of the (if not the most) consistent wrestlers around. I've watched him have cracking bout after cracking bout. He has been outstanding.

His match VS Dolph last night was another example of this, very good match. They have brilliant chemistry. Perhaps the best RKO I've ever seen last night, too. Brutal.

• Paid Members
Randy Orton. Seriously, how great has he been in the ring this year? One of the (if not the most) consistent wrestlers around. I've watched him have cracking bout after cracking bout. He has been outstanding.

His match VS Dolph last night was another example of this, very good match. They have brilliant chemistry. Perhaps the best RKO I've ever seen last night, too. Brutal.

And he's over. Really over. He's Cena level over. He comes across great on talk shows. He's obviously a naturally charismatic guy in real life. He's got it in him to add some colour to his promos. Nash said years ago, Orton was the next Rick Rude. The good looking work horse who can cut you down on the mic. He should change his promo style up for sure. His manerisms are excellent as well. Back where he belongs on Raw. Smackdown's a waste for him.

It was okay, I guess. Not as good as RAW has been lately though, just not as interesting. The shows with both brands never seem to flow too well, as they try to fit a lot in and the matches are always quite random. Ziggler/Orton was very good though and Punk/Miz was good too.

The promos with Punk/HHH/were both pretty good, though I don't know why they started building up Punk/Nash if they were gonna change it afterwards. Punk/HHH is too soon, I think. It just seems to have come out of left field.

Can't say I'm looking too forward to this whole RAW Super Show thing all that much. I mean, I've always wanted the brand split to end but they don't seem to be able to put on great shows when they have both rosters.

• Paid Members

You're right, Dolph and Randy worked very well together. Have to give Dolph credit for the RKO, he can take a great bump. Best RKO ever is a bit of a stretch though- there have been some crackers over the years.

You're right, Dolph and Randy worked very well together. Have to give Dolph credit for the RKO, he can take a great bump. Best RKO ever is a bit of a stretch though- there have been some crackers over the years.

In regards to this, both Orton and Dolph have been putting in great performances recently. I wouldn't say it was all down to Orton. Dolph has been having great matches since Royal Rumble.

Agreed, the RKO on Jeff Hardy at the Rumble '08 is my personal favourite but the set-up to the one last night was cracking.

Dolph is the best bumper in the business. Awesome match last night.

Agree with this %100 ^^^

DZ is awesome, the DDT he took from Randy was fucking brutal. Randy Orton is all kinds of awesome.

Yeah I enjoyed Raw. Wasn't amazing, but was really good. I found myself a bit gutted there was no Del Rio, he finally gets going and does some interesting stuff by beating the crap out of Cena, then the week after he isn't on tv (i know the visa reasons, but still a shame)

Jerry Lawler has been intrusted with getting Otunga/McGuilicutty over? Good luck.

Air Boom need some opponents though, surely a surprise appearance by a team and beating the crap out of Bourne and Kingston would kickstart a good feud.

Some questions...Is this the end of the brand split then? Whats Nash gonna do if its HHH vs Punk? Where was John Morrison?

• Paid Members

For years I was bored stiff by Orton's matches but in 2011 he has been on fire. His matches are ridiculously awesome these days. And it seems he has finally worked out how to wrestle as a main event babyface too. Personally, I would make Orton the figurehead of the company, not Cena. As he appeals to the same stupid kiddies that Cena does, women love him because he's good looking and guys like him because he's a badass. Orton should be the top guy.

Nash was heavily advertised for last night's raw. And it's no coincidence with that in mind Raw's rating...

GREW TO A 3.1! NASH = RATINGS.

No Monday Night Football = Ratings.

That said, 3.1 isn't bad considering New England had no cable.

Archived