WWE RAW 29/08

Ron Simmons

Nash was never in immortal

therefore-FAIL

Just pointing out the weird choice of nwo music for him, when its being used( albeit slightly diff) for hogan in tna, when his diesel musics got nothing wrong with it

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He means the Main Event Mafia. Well WWE would never take back steiner, sting wont jump to WWE and Kurt well god knows id like to see him back in WWE on a legends deal so he only really does PPV and TV events so hes less prone to injury but god only knows

The actual wrestling observer report:

he changing of the planned C.M. Punk vs. Kevin Nash to Punk vs. HHH was confirmed as due to a health issue involving Nash, as was being talked about backstage. We don't know the exact issue, only told it was something that in another era Nash would have worked the match, but the company is now more cautious and it was determined to keep Nash out of the ring until, at this point, the fall. As for explaining the television show and the way the HHH announcement was done, that's a different issue.

I could also see a potential three-way in the sense that would allow them to have two guys who can go and hide Nash better than in a single, whenever Nash would be able to return.

Sadly rather predictable.

• Paid Members

Speaking of which imagine if it was Angle in the Nash role and we didn't have to put up with the awful shit between HHH & Nash. Actually i don't rate HHH on the Mic at all anybody else getting a bit tired of him already?

Impressed by Miz,Orton and Ziggler this week. Fast forwarded anything involving Henry/Christian. How Henry is getting a push at this time breaks my heart but I'd put money on it he wont be near the top much longer.

• Paid Members
Speaking of which imagine if it was Angle in the Nash role and we didn't have to put up with the awful shit between HHH & Nash. Actually i don't rate HHH on the Mic at all anybody else getting a bit tired of him already?

HHH is one of the best of all time on the mic. But in this role he has to reign himself in and doesn't have the freedom he had when he was a bastard heel or in DX. He has to be more respectful and formal.

• Paid Members
i don't rate HHH on the Mic at all

That's a bit of a strange one. Granted, when he was the Greenwich Snob, he didn't have much to be piping up about, but I can't think of anyone more consistent on the stick over the last 14 years. Don't say Taker, coz - and not that he has to - says fuck all.

Anyways, I'm absolutely stumped at the negativity towards ol Punky Poos. It's madness. The internet went nuts about him when he played up his tweener role and went on a bit of a verbal rampage, carrying himself with the best "performers" and now that he has a smidgen of an off week, so many people - the internet over - are ready to wipe their holes with him. I dig the man, always have, and I'm skidmarking my pants to see how it pans out. I reckon he'll be upper upper midcard, like the Jericho's of the world, but I don't get the sudden hatred for the chap.

In saying that, lovely to see Sheamus getting decent reactions these days.

I don't know how to feel about last night's Raw, whilst some important things happened and I did enjoy watching it I do feel a bit miffed about certain things.

Firstly I thought Nash vs. Punk would be a pretty interesting match at Night of Champions and was looking forward to it and seeing it lead to the inevitable Triple H vs. Punk match. I thought it'd be a good way to slowly build to that match and I was hoping the build up would be a nice slow one and when we did get Triple H vs. Punk it'd be so built up it'd just be extremely heated and the atmosphere would be crazy, as Punk would be winding Triple H up and Triple H winding Punk up with neither laying a finger on each other up until the eventual match, which I think would have been great at Survivor Series (at the earliest). At Night of Champions it just feels so out of place, with a three week build up from it being announced and the Night of Champions card usually focuses around Championship matches, that seems to be it's gimmick, so having these two in a grudge match just doesn't seem right on here, as Nash vs. Punk wouldn't but in my eyes Nash and Punk wouldn't really mean too much, it'd be a build up to what would happen (Triple H vs. Punk) so it'd easily slot into a mid card spot and then Triple H vs. Punk would be great as a co main event on a traditional big PPV like Survivor Series. Now I don't know where they will be going when this match is over.

I'm quite interested to see where Swagger and Ziggler are going, I'm guessing it'll be a match between the two for the managerial services of Vickie but I would like it to entangle in the tag division, maybe have Vickie get them booked in a Tag Title match and have them sort of accidentally win, in the sense where they would want to win but have them disagree and somehow make a mistake but it enables them to win the titles anyway. Then eventually they can form into a good strong team and feud with Air Boom and also The Awesome Truth/Truely Awesome. I'd see that as a decent way of building that division up again.

A-ry's video package before the main event looked cool and I hope this is signalling some sort of push.

The main event was okay, nothing too surprising really. I did like the way Sheamus is being built up as a threat though, despite him being injured by Henry last week, Henry (who is being built up as the big dangerous guy on the roster) backed down when Sheamus got involved and it would have been Sheamus and Cena two on one with him when Christian backed out. Fair enough it is kind of bigging up Cena too but I thought the fact that Henry would have taken Cena on one on one but when an injured Sheamus comes to help he backs down, I know it was two on one but it shows that Henry is still worried about Sheamus even though he is hurt, also shows that Sheamus won't let anything keep him away.

I did really enjoy Orton vs. Ziggler from last night, that was a pretty solid match, although Ziggler needs to get himself some new ring gear, his stuff now doesn't even seem to fit him.

Not too much to say about the divas match but the Beth and Natalya thing in the back seemed interesting and apparently yhey are hinting and teasing a divas TLC match on Twitter, possibly just them two joking about as I don't know if I'd like the idea of that or not, it is quite intreguing but I am thinking it'd end up being a dud.

So yeah Raw last night was pretty decent, now I'm wondering whether it's worth staying up to watch Smackdown live if I'm back at work tomorrow, the cage match sounds like it will be a good one, thought I'm guessing it'll end with Henry running in and somehow charging into Orton and having the force hit him through the cage and onto the floor, thus winning the match and retaining the Title.

• Paid Members
Anyways, I'm absolutely stumped at the negativity towards ol Punky Poos. It's madness. The internet went nuts about him when he played up his tweener role and went on a bit of a verbal rampage, carrying himself with the best "performers" and now that he has a smidgen of an off week, so many people - the internet over - are ready to wipe their holes with him. I dig the man, always have, and I'm skidmarking my pants to see how it pans out. I reckon he'll be upper upper midcard, like the Jericho's of the world, but I don't get the sudden hatred for the chap.

In saying that, lovely to see Sheamus getting decent reactions these days.

Count Sheamus in the list of people that I hated and now thoroughly enjoy. His turn has been marvellous.

As for Punk, speaking personally I was just more disappointed in him last night than anything. His match with Miz was fine as it went, but he can clearly do better than a weak comedy routine like that. I think the problem is, Branquey, that he hit the heights so spectacularly that the only way to go after that was down. But like you say, if he can settle into a Jericho level spot and just reign himself in a bit, that will do me nicely.

WWE.com Exclusive: Zack Ryder interupts Randy Orton during ad break

Nice to see Ryder filming Z!TLIS during Raw.

I find those satin shorts Punk's started wearing far more embarrassing than Kevin Nash's frankly sexy appearance anyway.

Hardly just started wearing them, he's wore them for years in WWE. Always wears them at house shows during his entrance and undresses to his trunks in the ring.

• Paid Members
Count Sheamus in the list of people that I hated and now thoroughly enjoy. His turn has been marvellous.

As for Punk, speaking personally I was just more disappointed in him last night than anything. His match with Miz was fine as it went, but he can clearly do better than a weak comedy routine like that. I think the problem is, Branquey, that he hit the heights so spectacularly that the only way to go after that was down. But like you say, if he can settle into a Jericho level spot and just reign himself in a bit, that will do me nicely.

I agree wholeheartedly on last night, Gladdy sir, that the comedy routine does not suit him one bit. I laughed when he faux chundered over the ropes, but he should have just left it there and carried on with the segment. It probably would have had people saying it was a very funny moment if he'd just left it there, but like that little bollox in your job who does something funny and carries it on until you cringe for him, Punk just took it about 10 paces too far. I am a big fan of Punk and I wouldn't turn me shins on him but he does need to drop the snidey, yet pandering, comedy act.

Upper upper mid card baddie, and I'd be happy. It's just there were so many - and I hate using this term - internet smarky pants type people shiting their pants and/or ejaculating over Punk, and it's those who are now like "BORING" which makes me sad, coz he's a good hand, is Punk.

Sheamus was a strange one. Was cringeworthy at the beginning, but by plop, I find myself rooting for the chap nowadays. I'm not into the smiley Sheamus, they should keep him as a quirky bully and bully basher.

Loving Nash back too...and as Ian just said, I'm raring to see a jacknife through the ol' contract table. Feck the begrudgers, Nash is gold!

Archived