2011 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members
I never 'got' Dave Moralez [as he was then]. I remember people raving about him when he teamed with Jack Storm and I'd think to myself 'I don't get it. He looks like an angy fat kid and Storm looks like his girlfriend. He's not even that good'

However, he has evolved into a top notch worker, he's really got a grip on the subtleties and nuances of his 'angry meat-head' character and, while less clothing for a man of his size is not necessarily something I want to see, the decision to ditch the 'indy-rific' shorts he used to wear was the right one.

Much deserved ranking for Big Dave in my opinion. A great talent Britain can be proud of.

Early on, I felt kind of the same - I recall a few occasions where The Untouchables/Team Supreme/Team Charming just looked second-rate (I think definitely Frontiers of Honor 2, and probably their RQW run), but Dave on his own has always been a machine.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget guys that Spitfire is fucking woeful. Dean Allmark is very very good though.

Not true at all. Spitfire works more dates than most the blokes on this list hands down AND he's a solid performer. A safe pair of hands who can wrestle various styles but his technical, chain wrestling style is really, really good. Seems like theres still some sour grapes from the 'racism on facebook' thread earlier this year.

Not true at all. Spitfire works more dates than most the blokes on this list hands down AND he's a solid performer. A safe pair of hands who can wrestle various styles but his technical, chain wrestling style is really, really good. Seems like theres still some sour grapes from the 'racism on facebook' thread earlier this year.

He's racist? I didn't even realise that. I just knew he was characterless and dull - one of these guys who thinks it's okay to invest all your time in watching World of Sport tapes but only pays attention to the style and the workrate, without getting any of the character. Boring, and now that he's also revealed to be racist, he can definitely fuck off.

• Paid Members

I never 'got' Dave Moralez [as he was then]. I remember people raving about him when he teamed with Jack Storm and I'd think to myself 'I don't get it. He looks like an angy fat kid and Storm looks like his girlfriend. He's not even that good'However, he has evolved into a top notch worker, he's really got a grip on the subtleties and nuances of his 'angry meat-head' character and, while less clothing for a man of his size is not necessarily something I want to see, the decision to ditch the 'indy-rific' shorts he used to wear was the right one. Much deserved ranking for Big Dave in my opinion. A great talent Britain can be proud of.

Early on, I felt kind of the same - I recall a few occasions where The Untouchables/Team Supreme/Team Charming just looked second-rate (I think definitely Frontiers of Honor 2, and probably their RQW run), but Dave on his own has always been a machine.
I think during this run he was overshadowed by Jack Storm, who was on top form.

I never 'got' Dave Moralez [as he was then]. I remember people raving about him when he teamed with Jack Storm and I'd think to myself 'I don't get it. He looks like an angy fat kid and Storm looks like his girlfriend. He's not even that good'However, he has evolved into a top notch worker, he's really got a grip on the subtleties and nuances of his 'angry meat-head' character and, while less clothing for a man of his size is not necessarily something I want to see, the decision to ditch the 'indy-rific' shorts he used to wear was the right one. Much deserved ranking for Big Dave in my opinion. A great talent Britain can be proud of.

Oh, God no! I had an irrational hatred of Jack Storm. No physique, long girly hair, chubby face that made him look like a constipated baby when he pulled his 'angry face'. Just nothing appealing about him at all, in my opinion.I'm sorry, I know people liked him/rated him but I thought he was shit.

It actually comes from seeing him a while back when he appeared for BCW. Granted that was a few years back, but he really was not very good, and the worst of the wZw lot that used to frequent... well, second worst behind GTS, but even he managed to have a fucking stoater of a match one time.

• Paid Members

Oh, God no! I had an irrational hatred of Jack Storm. No physique, long girly hair, chubby face that made him look like a constipated baby when he pulled his 'angry face'. Just nothing appealing about him at all, in my opinion.I'm sorry, I know people liked him/rated him but I thought he was shit.
Nothing irrational about him - was pretty good in the ring, saw him have some blinding matches with the likes of Spud, Luke Phoenix, but I think he blew it in collaborating in the killing of JC Thunder's heat (contributing, although there were a lot of problems there, in retrospect).

I agree , myself I always thought he was good until I started to go to IPW about 18 months ago then thought wow - how comes I missed this before ?

Archived