2011 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and if you were anything resembling a good wrestler you would know that making money is what makes you a good wrestler because thats what wrestling is about.... MAKING MONEY!!!! there is a reason that Dixon only uses certain guys and there is a reason that Dixon is the only promoter in this country making decent money, that reason also tends to be the same one that WWE only tend to hire UK guys that have worked for him. that reason is Dixon is only interested in making money and using guys who will make him money instead of booking 'workratez!!!1!!~' guys who wont draw and bore the kids in the crowd who principly make up to 80% of most wrestling crowds in this country.

I would say I'm an ok wrestler as I have worked for a few different promoters and have booking taking me to april 2012, the money is a bonus but I get buzz from the crowd and that's what makes it all worth while for me I do it for the fans and not just the money

thats the difference then cos Spitty is in the business to make money and he makes a living from it so like him or not - we are all entitled to our opinion - he earns his way in the business and does well out of it, he has been doing it for over a decade and has taught some very good talents too, none of that should be knocked as far as I can see

thats the difference then cos Spitty is in the business to make money and he makes a living from it so like him or not - we are all entitled to our opinion - he earns his way in the business and does well out of it, he has been doing it for over a decade and has taught some very good talents too, none of that should be knocked as far as I can see

I'll certainly give him that much. I might not like him, but to make a living from wrestling he has to be doing something right, whether I find him boring or not.

Out of curiosity, who has he taught? I'm assuming it'll be some of the ones from the north east?

I'll certainly give him that much. I might not like him, but to make a living from wrestling he has to be doing something right, whether I find him boring or not.

Out of curiosity, who has he taught? I'm assuming it'll be some of the ones from the north east?

he had a lot to do with a lot of the old wZw lads, off the top of my head guys like Micky Long (who had a WWE tryout thos year), Iain Robinson, AJ Anderson, may have played a part in Pac's development as I know he spent some time with wZw in 2004/5, Stevie Lynn, Carbon, Lance Thunder. Those lads will know better than me how much Spitty was involved but the old wZw training set up was Iceman, GTS and Spitfire from what I remember and a lot of good lads came out of there, many of them dont travel for work though and tend to just work the north east shows that pay. I know a fair few used to frequent BCW from 2004-2007 too due to the working relationship between the companies

You might want to check your facts before commenting on these kind of things, Allstar only had one show planned for Nov/Dec and that was rescheduled not cancelled. Your entitled to your opinion about spitfire but i can tell you now if Brian didn't think he was up to the job he's asked to do spitfire wouldn't be there.

He must be asking him to kill the crowd before the main event then cos by what I've seen and herd that what he does, when was that show rescheduled for just out of interested ???

hmmm, professional.

My involvement (or lack of) with the wrestling business is irrelevant, but I can tell you I do know what Im talking about when I sing the praises of someone like Spitfire.

Not actually sure, alls i know at the minute is the show was being rescheduled for the Feb/April time.

out of interest, Whippy, isnt it true that Dixon scales back on his shows this time of year every year?

Every promoter will scale back at this time of year due to christmas, I've still been getting the work throughout november and have been infront of crowds of 300 last week and about 120 last night, I know Ravehall did well this week aswell with about 300 in,

From your other coments I take it you are follower of spitfires

Not actually sure, alls i know at the minute is the show was being rescheduled for the Feb/April time.

out of interest, Whippy, isnt it true that Dixon scales back on his shows this time of year every year?

Every promoter will scale back at this time of year due to christmas, I've still been getting the work throughout november and have been infront of crowds of 300 last week and about 120 last night, I know Ravehall did well this week aswell with about 300 in,

not particularly, but he makes money, which is what makes a good worker.... and as a worker you should know that.

and if you were anything resembling a good wrestler you would know that making money is what makes you a good wrestler because thats what wrestling is about.... MAKING MONEY!!!! there is a reason that Dixon only uses certain guys and there is a reason that Dixon is the only promoter in this country making decent money, that reason also tends to be the same one that WWE only tend to hire UK guys that have worked for him. that reason is Dixon is only interested in making money and using guys who will make him money instead of booking 'workratez!!!1!!~' guys who wont draw and bore the kids in the crowd who principly make up to 80% of most wrestling crowds in this country.

I would say I'm an ok wrestler as I have worked for a few different promoters and have booking taking me to april 2012, the money is a bonus but I get buzz from the crowd and that's what makes it all worth while for me I do it for the fans and not just the money

I take your point but he don't just make a living from wrestling and putting on piss poor shows every now and then, he does have a job in the real world aswell as the wrestling

I have made pretty good money doing what I do in the business and I get paid what I'm worth for what I do but I love the entertainment side of it all too and to entertain the paying public so they come back to see the shows again

not particularly, but he makes money, which is what makes a good worker.... and as a worker you should know that.

How do you know he makes money ??? I know plenty of workers that make money but their not good workers their just up the promoters arse and believe everything that he says to keep in with him

Considering you've made 9 posts, and they've all been related to Tony Spitfire, his biggest mark seems to be you. What have you got against him?

Nothing apart from him been a sloppy worker, if you have payed attention to what I have posted I have just been responding to comments made by others after my first post about him not been a very good worker in my opinion

• Paid Members

For all I know, you may be the UKs version of The Rock, but this makes you sound like a total backyard jobber.

So your a wrestler bashing a fellow professional (I know "professional" and "BritWres~" = LOL) on a wrestling forum, and your calling him a bad worker.

Jackie Fargo, you are not, you creep. I'd rather be a sloppy worker than a internet stooge.

So I take it you did read back and see I was just replying to others comments, I would have no problem telling anyone who I was on a show with that they were a bad worker to there face and not just on the internet if in my opinion that's what I thought of them

Archived