2011 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

kirby higher than banks?? the worlds gone mad!!! :(

but look at how many bookings Kirby has had in comparison?

I really like Kirby though, a very good consistant wrestler

I thought it was about quality not quantity ;)

How do the PCW meet & greets work? Are they before or after the show as i need to figure out train times. Couldn't get to the Colt show as I was gigging but saw the lead up to Travis Lionheart on TV and it was a great match.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats the thing about this count down, all it does is reflect the opinions of certain members of the forum. its my opinion that T-Bone, Allmark and Spitfire should be in the top ten alongside the likes of Spud, Mastiff and Ligero but sadly there are still plenty of people who regard someones ability to perform endless streams of moves as the best wrestlers in the country.

thats the thing about this count down, all it does is reflect the opinions of certain members of the forum. its my opinion that T-Bone, Allmark and Spitfire should be in the top ten alongside the likes of Spud, Mastiff and Ligero but sadly there are still plenty of people who regard someones ability to perform endless streams of moves as the best wrestlers in the country.

Spitfire as in AJ, or as in Tony? Either way you're miles wrong.

Well i'm sure if T-Bone, Allmark, Spitfire, Spud and Mastiff were on more shows around the UK, they might have been up in the top 10. But like i'm saying even in the midlands i rarely see Spud, T-Bone and Mastiff all who have wrestled for AWW in days gone by.

Spitfire as in AJ, or as in Tony? Either way you're miles wrong.

Well i'm sure if T-Bone, Allmark, Spitfire, Spud and Mastiff were on more shows around the UK, they might have been up in the top 10. But like i'm saying even in the midlands i rarely see Spud, T-Bone and Mastiff all who have wrestled for AWW in days gone by.

I meant Tony and I rate him quite highly, as does Brian Dixon who is and will always be the most successful, therefore best, promoter in the country. Those guys wrestle in the midlands plenty, just not Birmingham.... which is not the only city in the midlands.

I meant Tony and I rate him quite highly, as does Brian Dixon who is and will always be the most successful, therefore best, promoter in the country. Those guys wrestle in the midlands plenty, just not Birmingham.... which is not the only city in the midlands.

There's a reason some All-Star guys are being rated and some aren't. Spitfire is boring and always has been, going back to when he was in 3CW some time ago. No charisma, just boring. Plus he's obsessed with World of Sport which leaves him in the past somewhat, despite never having actually been involved to the best of my knowledge. Also Dean Allmark is Brian's son, is he not?

There's a reason some All-Star guys are being rated and some aren't. Spitfire is boring and always has been, going back to when he was in 3CW some time ago. No charisma, just boring. Plus he's obsessed with World of Sport which leaves him in the past somewhat, despite never having actually been involved to the best of my knowledge. Also Dean Allmark is Brian's son, is he not?

I dont know to be honest, does that mean he's not a good wrestler? Being a son of a promoter may open door's but everyone know's that Dixon is only interested in making money so Im sure if his son couldn't make the grade he wouldn't be working.

I dont know to be honest, does that mean he's not a good wrestler? Being a son of a promoter may open door's but everyone know's that Dixon is only interested in making money so Im sure if his son couldn't make the grade he wouldn't be working.

I'm sure he's a fine wrestler, but card position isn't always to do with ability.

• Paid Members

But anyway surly by now people realize it kind of more is an exposure type thing with the votes

I've given a fair bit of thought to this very thing over the 7 years I've been running this project: what exactly makes someone do well in the UKFF UK50? It should be talent... and it has a lot to do with exposure... but the two are somewhat intertwined.

If someone is more talented, they are more likely to be brought in by other promoters elsewhere, leading to that increased exposure. No promoter in, say, Kent, is going to bring Kongo Kev down from Scotland for a show, but they might shell out to bring, say, Lionheart down. Likewise, someone could have all the exposure in the world, but if the majority think they are naff, they aren't placing high in the UKFF UK50.

All in all, I'm usually pretty happy with the way it all works out. It's grown to the stage now where the project represents the collective opinion of over 100 UKFF members, so is undoubtedly the biggest single attempt anywhere in the country to do something like this.

Anyway... more write-ups on the way now, with the whole thing being wrapped up over the course of this coming weekend!

Archived