2011 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

No. 22 - RJ Singh

Score: 196 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: ZERO

2010 ranking: 24th

(2009=26th; 2008=32nd; 2007=19th; 2006=23rd; 2005=30th)

singhf.jpg

LDN Wrestling (Rob Brazier)

Sing for Singh indeed. Another of the small handful to have made the UKFF UK50 every single year, the former Ross Jordan continues his recent pattern of a yearly 2-place increase, but it would seem that Singh is not King as he just fails to crack the Top 20 and beat his all-time best ranking from 2007. The well-travelled veteran from Hertford has been a regular for Sanjay Bagga's LDN Wrestling promotion (details of which are hard to come by unless you, you know, buy a ticket to the show when they come to your town), as well as being a major focus of the new FWA.

By the summer of 2010, Singh had been locked in an FWA feud with masked flyer El Ligero since the return of the organisation in late-2008. The feud went multi-promotional when the pair spread their hatred to the FWA-affiliated XWA promotion, resurrecting their red-hot 2007 rivalry in the Morecambe, Lancashire-based group. There, RJ was an associate of "The Authority", the lead heel group containing the Heavyweight Champion Alex Shane and manager Greg "The Truth" Lambert. Singh had beaten Ligero for the Flyweight Title at "War on the Shore VI" earlier in the year, and the enemies were rematched in a Ladder bout for the belt at XWA "Vendetta" in July 2010. There, Singh was distracted by a mysterious second "El Ligero", causing him to relinquish the championship back to his nemesis. The perpetrator of the rouse was revealed to be Tom Lambert, Greg's babyface cousin, who Singh had beaten up 6 months earlier. Later in the night, however, Singh was to come back in a big way, interfering in the main event grudge match between Alex Shane and Johnny Phere. After beating the "Psychotic Warrior" down, Singh assisted Shane and Greg Lambert in the shocking attempted satanic sacrifice of Phere, saved only when Ligero and the babyface XWA roster ran out for the rescue.

"Last Fight at the Prom" in October has therefore headlined by Singh and Shane vs. Ligero and Phere, with the two Lambert cousins in each team's corner. As per the pre-match stipulation, the winning team would be granted an immediate 'match' against the losing teams', erm, Lambert. Singh and Shane won the bout, meaning popular non-wrestler Tom Lambert had to get into the ring. In scenes reminiscent of the last show, Singh helped Shane and his cult minions beat up Tom and held him in place for Shane to go after his eye. XWA's rampaging win streak hero Stixx, who Shane had earlier tried to recruit, ran out at this point, but revealed his allegiance by attacking Singh, Shane and co, actually allowing Tom Lambert to score the win.

Back across in FWA, Singh and Ligero were matched one-on-one in a supposed feud-ending bout in November, only for the contest held at Birmingham's NEC to end in an unsatisfactory and indecisive countout finish, meaning ultimate victory over their rival was still to fight for. Since then, Singh has been at the forefront of FWA's promotional efforts, taking centre stage in exhibition bouts at the BritWresFest in London (February's exhibition of British wrestling, put on in front of media and entertainment representatives) and back at the NEC in March, against Nick Riley, Lion Kid, Nathan Cruz and, yep, El Ligero.

Elsewhere, Singh is one of those British wrestling regular who undergoes a complete change of character to appear for the bizarre Lucha Libre Britannia group. Indeed, RJ becomes the ferocious "Bengal Tiger" to entertain the audiences at nightclubs and festivals.

What did the UKFF think?

"Great gimmick and also had some top matches in the last year"

"Solid heel, great gimmick"

"Deserves it for carrying the XWA through its 'WTF?' period of last year"

"Puts on brilliant matches everywhere I've seen him"

"The best character in Britwres. The heat he gets all over the place is amazing"

"Whether in the FWA or XWA, RJ Singh is just perfect in his cocky arrogant persona. His matches are top notch and full of drama, taking his ladder match with El Ligero at XWA Vendetta for the Flyweight title as an example where he continued the Tom Lambert storyline"

"Great all rounder, nothing he can't do..... except pick ME up ;-)"

"A mix of fantastic character, good in ring skills, charisma and mic skills. A great all-rounder"

"Has come so far in the last year and gets better every time I see him"

"I

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Kid Fite looks like John Malkovich. Sadly, thats the biggest thought I have.

Most of these guys I haven't heard of and never seen. I'm sure they deserve they're spot, but the only ones I really know are Terry Frazier, Dean Allmark, Sam Bailey and Greg Burridge. So I'm a little detached from the results thus far.

I think this is the main problem with the top 50 is not everyone is exposed to the a majority of the 50. I am shocked of Darksides and Gunns position feeling they are much higher rated than others still left on the list that I know. But they are middle englanders who I guess have a better geography of influence. Saying that still LOVE this thread!

• Paid Members

No. 21 - T-Bone

Score: 219 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: 2

2010 ranking: 31st

(2009=NL; 2008=NL; 2007=NL; 2006=NL; 2005=NL)

tbone.jpg

Breaking through this year's 200 point barrier and following his UKFF UK50 debut last year, Worcester's T-Bone jumps up a massive 10 places in the rankings this time, after a year where he has continued to appear in front of more and more different crowds in more areas of the country.

Though he had made several appearances for the promotion before, the 2011 UKFF UK50 period has seen T-Bone become a regular for the touring shows of Superslam Wrestling / All Star Wrestling, appearing in town halls of major towns up and down the land. Indeed, he has locked up with James Mason, Joe Legend, Joey Sniper, Frankie Sloane, Paul Malen, Prince Ameen and others in ASW rings. His most consistent opponent in the promotion, however, has come in the form of Irish funny man Mad Man Manson, with whom he has shared a series of main event comedy bouts in strong ASW venues such as Hanley, Ipswich and Colchester.

Away from ASW, T-Bone fought Dafydd Rhys and Tommy Dean in Wales (where he was once a fixture for Celtic Wrestling, early in his career) and earned himself a future shot at the NBW SOUTHSIDE Heavyweight Title by beating Cameron Kraze in Cambridgeshire. He appeared in West Yorkshire for both DPW and SSW and in Norfolk for WAW. Down in Kent, T-Bone appeared in a battle royal on NWA UK Hammerlock's Andre Baker Memorial show, whilst also making his debut on the main shows for IPW:UK (he had been somewhat of a regular on their holiday camp events) in Sittingbourne. He beat US indy wrestler Sami Callihan at "No Escape" in March, then attacked fan favourite Terry Frazier at "The Sittingbourne Spectacular 2011" in May, following the latter's victory over Bobby Fish. There, it was revealed that T-Bone had been recruited as the hired muscle of returning Rockstar Spud and an associate of new champion Sha Samuels, immediately thrusting him into the main scenario in the promotion.

What did the UKFF think?

"Really has grown into a great worker in the last 12 months, shame about his concussion against Sami Callihan"

"Great look, solid performer"

"What a transformation! His has the look and the intensity of an international performer, it's beggers believe that he hasn't been on any of the supershows"

"Great look and ability, I've never seen him have a bad match"

"Getting better and better"

"Nearly had a 2nd year running as my pick for most improved of ot hadn't been for Behnam Ali/Owen Phoenix. Makes moolah"

"In a similar vein to Mastiff, which is why I love his work so much. Great to see him finally getting his props.... I saw him in his first couple of matches and you would not believe how that guy could become the beast you see in the ring now"

"Absolute beast, worked hard to get to where he is and is an impressive sight for any audience"

"Massive improvements from T Bone, hopefully his run in IPW:UK will let him shine"

"One of the best looks in the country"

"Great look, solid in the ring. With more experience with the right people, will really make his mark"

"This guy has got so much better in the past 12 months, his look combined now with his skill means he deserves a high place"

• Paid Members

Your 2011 Top 20:

(alphabetical order)

CJ Banks

Dave Mastiff

El Ligero

Jack Gallagher

James Mason

Joel Redman

Joey Hayes

Johnny Moss

Kris Travis

Lionheart

Mad Man Manson

Mark Haskins

Martin Kirby

Marty Scurll

Mikey Whiplash

Nathan Cruz

Noam Dar

Rockstar Spud

Stixx

Zack Sabre Jr

• Paid Members

No. 20 - Nathan Cruz

Score: 222 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: 1

2010 ranking: 38th

cruzw.jpg

Just like T-Bone at #21, "Showstealer" Nathan Cruz made his first ever UKFF UK50 appearance last year. Also just like T-Bone, the former "Prima Donna" makes a big leap in the rankings in 2011, rising a thoroughly impressive 18 places. This year, Cruz has become established as a fixture with All Star Wrestling across the country, featured on FWA's exhibition shows and continued to be regular for wrestling organisations across the north of England.

At the very end of the 2010 UKFF UK50 period, the young and cocky Nathan Cruz defeated Alex Shane in an epic, dramatic, emotional and brutal streetfight in New Generation Wrestling to earn the rights to the "Showstealer" nickname. Since then, Cruz has been launched to the top in his hometown Hull-based promotion, aided by his 300lbs+ bodyguard Colossus Kennedy and valet Melanie Price. Cruz beat El Ligero at "Summer Smash Brawl III" to become the Number One contender to Sam Bailey's NGW Championship and confronted Bailey at the end of the night to make his intentions clear. The title bout was scheduled as the main event of the November show, but became a surprise 3-way when unbeaten former champion Cyanide made an unannounced return and was added to the bout for the belt he had not lost. This time, Bailey was to escape with the belt, but he would not be so fortunate in February, when the one-on-one title bout between Bailey and Cruz again took the main event spot. Indeed, the devious Cruz pinned Sam in a reportedly excellent contest to lift the championship. Since then, "The Showstealer" has defended against Martin Kirby and in a streetfight rematch with Bailey at the "3rd Anniversary Show".

With the close links between NGW, FWA, XWA and FutureShock Wrestling, Nathan Cruz made his Morecambe debut, downing favourite Joey Hayes in the opening contest of XWA's "Vendetta" in July 2010. By the end of the next show, in October, "Showstealer" would become a major player in the promotion. Backstage videos played to the audience during the event showed arrogant newcomer Cruz mocking fellow heel Rockstar Spud in the locker room, leading to a brawl erupting between the two and ending up in the ring. An immediate match was made for there and then, ending with Cruz's ally Colossus emerging and choking Spud unconscious, setting him up for Cruz to kick him in the head. The February event was headlined by the annual "Goldrush" rumble, in which fans saw Cruz and Colossus actually form an alliance with the members of Team Rockstar to dominate the match. Spud himself then came out for his turn in the bout, officially turning himself babyface by attacking and eliminating his former team-mates. Cruz and Spud went at it in a wild brawl, ending with the pair of them being eliminated from the match.

Elsewhere, Cruz has faced Colossus, Tony Spitfire, Mikey Whiplash, Josh Faulkner, Dean Allmark, El Ligero and others around the circuit for All Star Wrestling, as well as both facing his old pal Colossus in singles bouts and teaming with him against a range of opponents.

What did the UKFF think?

"Really like the Show Stealer gimmick he uses as well as the fact he can have a good match with pretty much everyone he steps in the ring with"

"Fastest rising star in British wrestling, for me. Cruz is a pleasure to watch and is destined for big things"

"One of the brightest up and comers in the UK. Looks at home on the stick"

"Brilliant to watch, had a good match with Spud in the XWA and played his part of the dissolution of Team Rockstar to perfection. Cracking ladder match with Axl Rage and Jonny Storm at FWA Expo"

"'The Showstealer' A title he warrants and proves he deserves in every match I have seen him in. Witnessed him in some incredible bouts this past year, including most recently his street match at the NGW (New Generation Wrestling) 3rd Anniversary show against Sam Bailey. A great story teller, a great actor, and an incredible athlete. The future of British Wrestling is securely in safe hands"

"One of the best characters in the business, an excellent wrestler who has come on loads since working full time"

"The guy had a very strong character with a good image. Can really work the crowd when he's heel. Instant reaction when he struts his "showstealer" pose"

"Great up and comer seemingly has all the tools to be a top guy all around the UK"

"Superb in his Showstealer role, and is capable of getting a good match out of almost anyone"

"2010/2011 has been the making of this kid, I honestly feel no one stands a better chance at getting a WWE contract down the line than this guy"

"Fast becoming one of the best in the British scene. Nathan has ran with the Showstealer gimmick he won from Alex Shane and never looked back. His NGW Title win over Sam Bailey is one of my top 5 matches of the year"

"Amazing all rounder. Can make the crowd hate him on entrance, can then get on the mic and make the crowd want to kill him and then puts on what is more often than not the match of the night. His series of matches at the top of the card at NGW have been outstandingly consistent (Bailey, Kirby, Cyanide) and can switch over easily to the All Star way of working and put the match of the night on one of their shows as well"

"A great character in British wrestling, he always puts on enjoyable matches against opponents both smaller and bigger than himself"

"Has really come into his own and grown so much as a person and a wrestler. Highly impressed with him"

"A wrestler who puts 100% character into his wrestling. From entrance to exit the guy generates so much heat from the crowd. Has had some great matches this past year. Always improving. A bright prospect for the future"

• Paid Members
I think Noam Dar could be the suprise of that bunch and get a top 10 place

No. 19 - Noam Dar

Score: 242 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: 0

2010 ranking: 43rd

darg.jpg

Another who made their first ever UKFF UK50 appearance last year and has seen a huge rise in the rankings this time out. Known as the "Israeli Icon", 18-year old Noam Dar rockets 24 places up the table to break the Top 20. Dar appears for BCW, PBW and ICW in Scotland, as well as limited appearances in England for 1PW and a GPW/FSW weekender.

In Premier British Wrestling, Dar and Liam Thomson, accompanied by valet Carmel, comprised the team "Final Cut" and entered the 2011 UKFF UK50 period as the reigning PBW Tag Team Champions. Final Cut were dominant in the promotion, with defences in the 2011 UKFF UK50 period over Blaze n' Rampage, BT Gunn & Jamie Feerick, High Energy, Micky Mann & Andy Smith, Feerick & Johnny Starr, Andy Anderson & Joe Coffee and WOlfgang & Davey Miller. Like all good things, however, the reign came to an end at "Breaking Limits 6" in April at Largs, when the super-team of former PBW Heavyweight Champions Lionheart and Wolfgang combined to defeat Dar and Thomson. Since then, Dar, Thomson and Carmel have gone their separate ways.

Over in British Championship Wrestling, Dar played a part in the Wolfgang vs. Red Lightning feud of former partners when he defeated 'Gang on the September 2010 Kilmarnock event, thanks to the involvement of Lightning as the guest referee. Dar spent the rest of 2010 continuing his series of bouts against fellow up-and-comer Andy Wild. 2011 then saw Dar target BT Gunn's BCW Openweight Title, Gunn beating Dar in both Kilmarnock and East Kilbride across February and March respectively (the latter being a 3-way also featuring Dar's continued BCW rival Wild).

Noam did manage to achieve singles gold, however, in both Insane Championship Wrestling (Glasgow) and One Pro Wrestling (England). Having reached the tournament final by virtue of his victory over Johnny Starr, Dar beat Falcon, Andy Wild and Rob Cage in a 4-way elimination bout at the Apollo 23 nightclub in November to raise the ICW Zero-G Championship, securing the winning pinfall over Wild. Since then, he defended over Falcon in a singles bout and over 5 opponents in a multiway scramble, before dropping the belt to heel Gold Label member Lionheart after the end of the 2011 UKFF UK50 period. Dar's 1PW title win also came in a 4-way for a vacant strap, downing Joey Hayes, Kris Travis and Marty Scurll for the 1PW Openweight Championship in Ellesmere Port on 1PW's last ever weekend. Before 1PW was consigned to the books of history and PayPal disputes, Dar managed to notch up a 3-way defence over Germany's Bad Bones and America's Kid Kash...

What did the UKFF think?

"Awesome up and coming wrestler"

"Star of the future and I'm certain he will get a look in from one of the Big 3 American companies soon" (Big 3?!?)

"He's an incredible talent, young, innovative and in my opinion is the wrestler that has put Scotland on the map for British Wrestling"

"What a year Dar has had. Even though 1PW has fucked it, Dar is one of the shining examples of true talent breaking through in the UK. He has a great look and believeable moves. I also think his teaming with Thomson seems to have matured him. I think he'll go on to become a proper pro in no time at all, and will be in the top 5 of this in the next year or two"

"One of the few smaller British guys who puts on a great match against any size opponent"

"100% better this year, really does pull off the cowardly heel role"

"The man tipped to fill Lionheart's shoes as the biggest superstar in Scottish wrestling in the next 10 years. Already a multi time champion in Britain Noam is still only a teenager and will end up in WWE one day easily"

"Has impressed on his outings south of the border, really entertaining"

"A great little character. A boy in a man's world. The highlight of the 1PW show I visited"

"He will be a superstar, scarily good for his age. Won the ICW Zero G title in style"

"Has raised a few notches in my eyes because of how dominant he has looked as the ICW Zero G champ. Carries himself like a star"

"Good look, great wrestler, solid chance to do well this year. Deserves a lot more bookings down this way, hopefully can get a lot more exposure in England next year"

Archived