Sign in to follow this  
big mickey

RIOT!

Towards what purpose?

I'm not saying they are intentionally antagonistic. Saying that they can be perceived as such and not just by a black drug dealer crying racism when he's caught with dope on the table.

Problem is when the Police use their powers they are being heavy handed but when they hold back you then have people complaining that they are too soft, Justice Secretary Ken Clarke is an utter cock but he probably has one of the worst positions in the Government.

Exactly.

I'd never be a copper it's a thankless task.

I've heard people complain the police weren't quick enough to deal with it and yet if they had gone out full force straight away then you would have people complaining of police brutality over a peaceful demonstration.

As a black or asian person you're seven times for likely to be stopped and searched.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2010/jun/17/...d-search-police

May have been mentioned as ive not read on, but these stats and figures are pointless unless they are matched up with actual crime figures too. For instance, theres no point searching white 70 year old women if they are only responsible for 0.1% of serious crime over the last ten years.

I'm not saying they are intentionally antagonistic.

Fair enough.

Game, set and match Pitcos.

Targeting of stop and searches is done for pragmatic reasons. The underlying reasons as to why black youths are more likely to be carrying knives and firearms should be what people are concerned about, rather than trying to make the police out to be institutionally racist. I'm not saying there isn't institutional racism still lingering within the Met, but it's more directed at black/minority police officers than actually played out on the street.

Edited by Loki

I've largely been getting the odd bit of news from texts from friends who live there (I'm in the Finsbury Park area, not far from Tottenham); seems that the whole thing started with thugs hijacking a peaceful protest made by the family of the guy the police shot. As I understand it, they weren't protesting against the shooting, they were asking for information about what happened to him from the police, who were ignoring their request, hence the protest.

Basically, it wasn't the local community doing it, it was a bunch of gang cunts using it as an excuse to do what they want.

More so a bunch of cunts in Wood Green, who just used the fact that the police were busy in Tottenham to smash in 20-odd shops and loot them. Which is fucking annoying.

It sums it all up that the main targets were mobile phone shops and sports shops. Amusingly, a shop called 'LOOT' was untouched.

As I understand it, they weren't protesting against the shooting, they were asking for information about what happened to him from the police, who were ignoring their request, hence the protest.

I understand that the family wanted to know what happened, but surely most sensible people would understand that it was going to take more than one day for the Police to collect statements and put the pieces together adequately. Mark Duggan was shot by Police on Thursday evening and the protest and subsequent riot occurred on Saturday, that means that the family must have spent all day Friday putting the word out about the protest. It seems strange that they'd decide that the Police "were ignoring them" and that the only course of action open to them was to protest.

More so a bunch of cunts in Wood Green, who just used the fact that the police were busy in Tottenham to smash in 20-odd shops and loot them. Which is fucking annoying.

It sums it all up that the main targets were mobile phone shops and sports shops. Amusingly, a shop called 'LOOT' was untouched.

According to my friend they took all the protein powder from Holland and Barrett. He was very displeased.

I live in Enfield and I have just been told to leave early from work. Alot of rioters were turning up in Enfield Town around half an hour ago, its gonna kick off there.

Edmonton is also on lock down.

Just been on BBC news that the family of Mark Duggan do not condone the riots. Scumbags.

Oh, and predictably it is the fault of the police for killing an innocent man and the council for closing down the youth centers etc.

Edited by CurryAngel

I live in Enfield and I have just been told to leave early from work. Alot of rioters were turning up in Enfield Town around half an hour ago, its gonna kick off there.

Edmonton is also on lock down.

Heard anything about the Hertford road? I'm not keen on getting a train from Ponders End at 10pm tomorrow night.

Heard anything about the Hertford road? I'm not keen on getting a train from Ponders End at 10pm tomorrow night.

Everything seems ok on Hertford road right now. Police have only surrounded Enfield Town and Edmonton Green.

Sign in to follow this