RIOT!

big mickey

It's not as though your 'protests' have the reputation of being peaceful or friendly.

Of course not, but never on the scale of this, when large groups gater feelings & emotions do boil over, but what happened last night was far beyond that.

Secondly, there is yet to be an independent investigation into the shooting so you don't know exactly what happened.

Exactly, but it didn't stop the people involved last night did it? As far as many were concerned the police were to blame, so it kicked off.

Thirdly, the shooting may have just been the straw that broke the camels back. Youths still complain of being stopped by the police for no reason and it has been shown time and time again that police use their stop and search powers disproportionately.

Nah that's bollocks, with the ammount of young males that are injured and killed by guns, knives & gang violence, in my opinion the police aren't doing enough, if you've got no drugs, weapons or suchlike on you then so what? If it's what it takes to at least try to keep the public safe, then so be it.

See my other post. Also, "its da feds fault init??" - I presume this isn't Mickey's usual lingo. He hasn't used any outright racism in this post but there's quite obvious undertones and like I said I'm not just referring to this individual post.

That was more of a bash at the silly yooof lingo that's so popular at the moment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not funny as people who aren't criminals or supporting criminals have had their homes and all their stuff burnt to shreds and an area which was already on it's knees will now lose millions in trade as the scum have burn't all the shops down.

Spot-on, and my heart goes out to those people. It's not comparable to the student protests at all - it's not some branch of fucking TopShop getting smashed and Spivvy Green's insurance premiums going up a few quid, it's innocent people losing their homes and livelihoods.

Reminds me a bit of when the Meadow Well riots round here kicked off because a couple of car thieves were killed trying to escape from police. The idea of innocent people having their lives destroyed because scum got killed as a consequence of being scum boils my piss.

Spot-on, and my heart goes out to those people. It's not comparable to the student protests at all - it's not some branch of fucking TopShop getting smashed and Spivvy Green's insurance premiums going up a few quid, it's innocent people losing their homes and livelihoods.

Reminds me a bit of when the Meadow Well riots round here kicked off because a couple of car thieves were killed trying to escape from police. The idea of innocent people having their lives destroyed because scum got killed as a consequence of being scum boils my piss.

A few years ago West Ham fans arrived in Tottenham at one in the afternoon about 7 hours before a game. They smashed up a pub and some other stuff. People laughed at how pathetic it was but at the time i worked in a William Hill right next to the Spurs ground. The next day the amount of terrified old people i had coming in was so sad.

I have views on this that will make me sound like a daily mail reader but i lived in the area for over 20 years. The carpet right that was destroyed was 2 minutes from my old family home, i worked in the William hill that Sky are reporting in front of so i think i have a pretty good grasp of whats going on.

This isn't the police's fault it's a product of an area that is so rough that many times the police are scared to be there, it's a product of it being filled with kids who have no respect for human life and for years now having been getting away with it.

Nah that's bollocks, with the ammount of young males that are injured and killed by guns, knives & gang violence, in my opinion the police aren't doing enough, if you've got no drugs, weapons or suchlike on you then so what? If it's what it takes to at least try to keep the public safe, then so be it.

Stopping and searching every black/asian kid (which if we're honest, is who are disproportinately stopped by the police) you see does not help the gun/knife problem. It just causes racial tensions and general mistrust between the community and the police. How many times have you been searched for weapons Mickey?

I think Magnum's description of people as scum pretty much sums up a wider problem as well. If you see certain groups of people as scum and treat them as such - why do you expect then expect them to behave in a manner that matches your values? It's just a new form of discrimination, much like racism and sexism. This time its the haves looking down on the have nots. Shameful really.

Stopping and searching every black/asian kid (which if we're honest, is who are disproportinately stopped by the police) you see does not help the gun/knife problem. It just causes racial tensions and general mistrust between the community and the police. How many times have you been searched for weapons Mickey?

I think Magnum's description of people as scum pretty much sums up a wider problem as well. If you see certain groups of people as scum and treat them as such - why do you expect then expect them to behave in a manner that matches your values? It's just a new form of discrimination, much like racism and sexism. This time its the haves looking down on the have nots. Shameful really.

Have you ever been to Tottenham?

I come from a working class family (first one to go to university) and, but for 3 of my 30 years, have lived my entire life in a very working class area. When I describe people as scum, I'm not basing it on class, race, income, level of education or anything else, I'm basing it on behaviour. These people aren't 'sticking it to the man', they're destroying the lives and property of people who are as underprivileged as themselves, if not more so (and I'm also including the ones I mentioned earlier in the Meadow Well riots and others like them here). If there's a better definition of scum than that, please point me to it.

I haven't. Is it greatly different to any other deprived inner city area?

So you have no idea what your talking about. Nothing to do with colour, race or any other reasons you might want to guess at and push as fact.

I've just seen my childhood home pretty much burn't to the ground and your on here preaching about a place you know fuck all about and quite frankly you wouldn't last 2 minutes in without getting robbed.

When you have estates that the police are SCARED to enter, when you have a police force that is understaffed by at least half and a mentality amongst the a massive amount of young people where the police are scum so they don't have to live by the same laws as the rest of us.

I've worked in shops inhabited by gangs who are tooled up, with pitbulls dealing drugs openly and then when the police come to arrest them, people like you scream at the police for being horrible to them.

Is a white kid proportionately more likely to be carrying a knife then? Just wondering where your stats are coming from here.

His theory falls down when you actually know Tottenham as there are hardly any white kids there (and i'm not exaggerating). If the polce were to pull up every black kid in Tottenham the traffic would never move.

So you have no idea what your talking about. Nothing to do with colour, race or any other reasons you might want to guess at and push as fact.

I've just seen my childhood home pretty much burn't to the ground and your on here preaching about a place you know fuck all about and quite frankly you wouldn't last 2 minutes in without getting robbed.

When you have estates that the police are SCARED to enter, when you have a police force that is understaffed by at least half and a mentality amongst the a massive amount of young people where the police are scum so they don't have to live by the same laws as the rest of us.

I've worked in shops inhabited by gangs who are tooled up, with pitbulls dealing drugs openly and then when the police come to arrest them, people like you scream at the police for being horrible to them.

Ok so the fact I haven't BEEN to Tottenham means that I'm not entitled to have my opinion on it? You might want to think about reforming government since I'm pretty sure the Prime Minister hasn't been to my street.

These areas that police are SCARED to enter are mostly bullshit anyway. I worked as a CSO in an estate that apparently was so dangerous no one ever went there. Utter bollocks. Just no one took the time to engage with the people there and find out what their problems were. I'm pretty sure Tottenham is not much different.

• Paid Members
Firstly, I am not just referring to only this post by him but his many other EDL-defending posts. I utterly detest the EDL - a bunch of hateful, intolerant people. Secondly, there is yet to be an independent investigation into the shooting so you don't know exactly what happened. Thirdly, the shooting may have just been the straw that broke the camels back. Youths still complain of being stopped by the police for no reason and it has been shown time and time again that police use their stop and search powers disproportionately.

Best to assume it's just the police being cunts and have a riot immediately then eh?

Ok so the fact I haven't BEEN to Tottenham means that I'm not entitled to have my opinion on it? You might want to think about reforming government since I'm pretty sure the Prime Minister hasn't been to my street.

These areas that police are SCARED to enter are mostly bullshit anyway. I worked as a CSO in an estate that apparently was so dangerous no one ever went there. Utter bollocks. Just no one took the time to engage with the people there and find out what their problems were. I'm pretty sure Tottenham is not much different.

I lived there for over 20 years, i work in a betting shop which is often the centre of where these scum hang out. Your not pretty sure of anything, your just another wanker on the internet spouting bollocks because he can.

No your not entitled to an opinion as the Prime minister unlike you has access to a load of information and can talk to people who live and work in these areas.

It also works the other way. If you identify yourself as a thug or gangster and dress accordingly then it can't come as a massive surprise that the police might look at you.

Or maybe because of a lack of connection with youths the police believe their clothes to suggest 'thug' or 'gangster' when really it's just 'a kid with his hood up'. And he's entitled to do that without being harassed.