Legit wrestling beefs and rivalries

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

There are some obvious ones like Shawn/Bret, Vince/Bret which are well known, but there are bound to be loads of guys that didn't like to work with one another because they didn't get on for whatever reason. Regardless of how small or petty, spill them here.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the more famous ones along with Shawn/Bret et al would have to be Jeff Jarret and Stone Cold. Jeff was being primed for a push and then Austin swiftly put the kibosh on it due to something that happened when in Memphis. I believe Austin thought Jarret never gave him a fair chance or some other bullshit. That really is the least informative post I have ever read on this forum, I really apologise.

Jericho/Goldberg- Goldberg thought Y2J was a vanilla midget.

Lesnar/Taker- Worked well together professionally, but didn't get along on a personal level. Brock talks about it in his book but doesn't give specifics.

Hogan/Savage- Well documented, as for the source of it... didn't Savage think Hogan was fucking Elizabeth or something? Not my era.

• Paid Members
Jericho/Goldberg- Goldberg thought Y2J was a vanilla midget.

Lesnar/Taker- Worked well together professionally, but didn't get along on a personal level. Brock talks about it in his book but doesn't give specifics.

Hogan/Savage- Well documented, as for the source of it... didn't Savage think Hogan was fucking Elizabeth or something? Not my era.

Hence Hogan's black eye at Mania 9, allegedly

There's an intricate web of who likes who, as far as I can tell.

One one side you've got Nash, Hall, X-Pac, HHH, HBK, Flair et all, with Hogan tacked onto that.

On the other side you've got Bret Hart, Stone Cold, DDP, The Rock.

That's the two main factions as far as I can tell. Flair and Hart hate each other, Austin doesn't like Hogan, The Rock doesn't like HBK. There's a famous story of when Hart was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Stone Cold was there obviously, and Hogan went up to them to offer his congrats and the both blanked him and walked past his offered handshake. That's harsh, man.

One one side you've got Nash, Hall, X-Pac, HHH, HBK, Flair et all, with Hogan tacked onto that.

That's the two main factions as far as I can tell. Flair and Hart hate each other, Austin doesn't like Hogan, The Rock doesn't like HBK. There's a famous story of when Hart was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Stone Cold was there obviously, and Hogan went up to them to offer his congrats and the both blanked him and walked past his offered handshake. That's harsh, man.

Biggest name I can think off who's not on either list there is Taker. Which side of the fence would he be on?

• Paid Members

I was under the impression that Flair disliked Nash, Hall and Waltman going by the Roundtable Ep I watched last night. It was the 'significant moments' one.

Flair digs into the above 3 a few times about several things.

• Paid Members

If I've got this right, Steiner really hates Flair, too. Remember hearing something about this affecting his run with TNA, which was why we didn't see him for so long.

If I've got this right, Steiner really hates Flair, too. Remember hearing something about this affecting his run with TNA, which was why we didn't see him for so long.

I wonder if it has anything to do with

I was under the impression that Flair disliked Nash, Hall and Waltman going by the Roundtable Ep I watched last night. It was the 'significant moments' one.

Flair digs into the above 3 a few times about several things.

Yeah, it's complicated. HHH and HBK love Flair, but he's not as popular with the guys who actually worked with him in WCW. Flair and Hogan have never been best buds at all, but Flair seems to have signed his life away to Hogan and Bischoff, so he's stuck in that camp now.

I don't know about Taker - I don't think he's the kind of guy to be best buds with other wrestlers, well not active ones anyway. I don't think he thought much of the Clique back in the day though, put it that way.

Don't know if relations are any better these days but Tommy Dreamer disliked Steve Corino from their ECW days.

Not watched Corino's shoot in a while but one incident stemmed from the angle where Corino turned faced and Heyman wanted him dressed like Dreamer, and Credible nailed him in the back with a cane just as Sandman had done to Dreamer, Tommy said something like "You'll never be me" and "The fans will never believe your as big of a babyface as I am". Also Tommy said something to him in the locker room when he found out he was gonna win the ECW title along the lines of "I don't think your ready for it, it'll ruin your career".

Also tommy dreamer sold steve corinos brother who is also called steve corino a broken ring and then bragged about it to various ECW wrestlers. Its odd as everyone seems to like Tommy dreamer

• Paid Members

I wonder if it has anything to do with

From what I remember off the top of my head, this all goes back to when Steiner and Flair were in a singles match on one of the early Clash of The Champions, for the World title (I think it's on the World championship DVD). Basically, Steiner claims that there was a major singles push planned for him after that match, and Scotty says that Flair purposely made him look bad by blowing certain spots of Steiner's offence (the tilt-o-whirl was one), and says you can clearly see on the footage of the match, that Flair purposley stuffs a lot of Steiner's moves. I have no idea if that is the case, but I will say that this is one thing which I have heard more than once, from different people.

The Hogan/Savage thing has been well documented and there seems to be quite a bit of truth to their story, other than just the normal rumours that fly around. The only thing which I wonder, is how much of the Hogan/Liz stories a true, because I've heard lots of stories about Savage's paranoia, particularly regarding Elizabeth, so I'm not sure what, if anything happened there. Having said that though, I don't blame Savage for being as protective as he was said to be of Liz, and I'd heard he locked her in the dressing room a couple of times, I don't blame him because after having at that time, a life in Wrestling, then he will of heard and seen many saucy stories to feed his already paranoid personality.

In one of those interviews that were on youtube latley, Hogan refuted those black eye stories, but I'm not sure if he was doing his normal thing.

Booker T and Batista,is that another one to throw on the pile? Or was that just a one-time thing?

I've heard that Michael Hayes has a little issue with some of those coloured fellas.

Archived