Legit wrestling beefs and rivalries

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members
Hence Hogan's black eye at Mania 9, allegedly

It was a boating accident. The only time Hogan and Savage have almost came to blows is in 2004 backstage at a TNA event. I've read that Andre the Giant hated Randy Savage. Savage, John Studd and Jake Roberts were on his hate list through most of the 80s.

Ahmed Johnson hates Steve Austin. He thinks he a full on southern wife beating racist according to his shoot.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It was a boating accident. The only time Hogan and Savage have almost came to blows is in 2004 backstage at a TNA event. I've read that Andre the Giant hated Randy Savage. Savage, John Studd and Jake Roberts were on his hate list through most of the 80s.

Ahmed Johnson hates Steve Austin. He thinks he a full on southern wife beating racist according to his shoot.

Savage apparently carked it as well. Has Hulk Hogan ever lost a fight?

• Paid Members
Actually I remember Foley saying in an interview that Triple H also hated Ric Flair during his WCW run. Knowing Flair he probably spent his first few seconds in WWE sucking Triple H off, as he knew where the power lay. Triple H probably got a kick out of it and let Flair "carry his bags".

That's really surprising if true. Didn't see much of Trips as Terra Ryzing, but one match was all I needed to see he was barely more than a Flair tribute - platinum-blond pompadour, sparkly frilly ring-robe, Indian Deathlock variant of the Figure Four for a finisher. To be honest, I'm surprised WCW even okayed the gimmick.

• Paid Members

MPB?

Hogan was meant to be a right hard bastard in his day though. Apparently whenever anybody started on him he would just grab them in a headlock and watch them pass out. Given he is built like a brick you know what, people had no chance of escaping. Even with his back in the shape it is, I bet he can still kill most of the TNA roster if he wanted too.

Actually I remember Foley saying in an interview that Triple H also hated Ric Flair during his WCW run. Knowing Flair he probably spent his first few seconds in WWE sucking Triple H off, as he knew where the power lay. Triple H probably got a kick out of it and let Flair "carry his bags".

That's really surprising if true. Didn't see much of Trips as Terra Ryzing, but one match was all I needed to see he was barely more than a Flair tribute - platinum-blond pompadour, sparkly frilly ring-robe, Indian Deathlock variant of the Figure Four for a finisher. To be honest, I'm surprised WCW even okayed the gimmick.

I think Foley mentions it in one of his Wrestlecast interview.

Doesn't Scott Steiner mention, in his shoot, that Triple H only wanted to hang around with Flair so Flair would have to carry his bags everywhere and stroke his ego. Sort of putting Flair in his place? Maybe I'm wrong though.

I always got the feeling that when HHH was bashing flair in interviews in 98-99 it was part of his DX gimmick and also to help toe the company line and promote them as being young hip and having "attitude". Hence why when flair came in a year or two later there was respect there

• Paid Members

No. Never at any age to anybody. If UFC was around in 1978, he'd be the measuring stick.

Also, Flair hates everyone if it means he becomes well in with his bosses. I dont think Flair has any legit beef with anyone. He just has whatever opinion his bosses at the time have. Same with Bret Hart to be fair. His attitude changed from who he was bashing in 1993, until he started working with those same people in 1998 and then changed again in 2001 when he wasnt there anymore and then changed again in 2010 when he joined the WWF. Wrestlers are weird fuckers.

Why's there such tension between Shawn Michaels and The Rock? Am I right in thinking that it's because Bret Hart wanted to put The Rock over in a match on Raw, but Michaels used his political power to get the finish changed to a DQ?

Any truth in Andre really hating Warrior and taking liberties with him in the ring?

• Paid Members
Why's there such tension between Shawn Michaels and The Rock? Am I right in thinking that it's because Bret Hart wanted to put The Rock over in a match on Raw, but Michaels used his political power to get the finish changed to a DQ?

Was something about Michaels insulting The Rock's mother or grandmother when she booked him for her promotion. Also the politicking.

But I think there was something recently about them burying the hatchet at last year's HOF.

• Paid Members

Any truth in Andre really hating Warrior and taking liberties with him in the ring?

Another reason The Rock hated Michaels was because Michaels spent most of The Rocks first title run burying The Rock to Vince. He tried hard to get the Austin v Rock 'Mania 15 match changed to a Triple Threat with Mick Foley, as he said The Rock wasn't good enough or big enough.

Also Andre apparently hated working with Warrior and constantly roughed him up a bit. Then again Andre hated everybody (even if every wrestler thinks he was their best mate).

Another reason The Rock hated Michaels was because Michaels spent most of The Rocks first title run burying The Rock to Vince. He tried hard to get the Austin v Rock 'Mania 15 match changed to a Triple Threat with Mick Foley, as he said The Rock wasn't good enough or big enough.

I remember someone on here a few months ago saying that Michaels was trying to get the match changed to Austin/Triple H.

Also Andre apparently hated working with Warrior and constantly roughed him up a bit. Then again Andre hated everybody (even if every wrestler thinks he was their best mate).

Heenan mentions this on the Self Destruction DVD. I don't think he 'roughed hm' up exactly - more like just made sure Warrior knew who was in charge, in retaliation for his clumsiness.

Road Dogg and Billy Gun hate HHH, don't they? Not sure why.

• Paid Members
Then again Andre hated everybody (even if every wrestler thinks he was their best mate).

Thats not true. He was mates with Mel Smith.

And Robin Wright, but then who wouldn't be friends with her?

Archived