Legit wrestling beefs and rivalries

Bus Surfer

Yeah, but most people don't like Corino too much. And "good guy" and "wank" are not really relevant when it comes to who likes who in wrestling.

Taker was definitely "anti-Clique" when they were at their height. He, Yokozuna and at least a couple of others referred to themselves as just that. He's also the guy who went and battered Vince's office door in Montreal until he came and apologised to the Bret and the rest of the locker room. That's where he got the "Conscience of the WWF" name.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but most people don't like Corino too much. And "good guy" and "wank" are not really relevant when it comes to who likes who in wrestling.

Taker was definitely "anti-Clique" when they were at their height. He, Yokozuna and at least a couple of others referred to themselves as just that. He's also the guy who went and battered Vince's office door in Montreal until he came and apologised to the Bret and the rest of the locker room. That's where he got the "Conscience of the WWF" name.

Who is it that says that the Undertaker was actually in on it? There's a shoot interview somewhere I think..

There's an intricate web of who likes who, as far as I can tell.

One one side you've got Nash, Hall, X-Pac, HHH, HBK, Flair et all, with Hogan tacked onto that.

On the other side you've got Bret Hart, Stone Cold, DDP, The Rock.

That's the two main factions as far as I can tell. Flair and Hart hate each other, Austin doesn't like Hogan, The Rock doesn't like HBK. There's a famous story of when Hart was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Stone Cold was there obviously, and Hogan went up to them to offer his congrats and the both blanked him and walked past his offered handshake. That's harsh, man.

I am on this side

Bret may take himself too seriously but the other 3 I think are top guys, I know Austin has had his faults but still.

Flair, HBK and to a lesser extent Hogan whilst having done a lot for wrestling come across as cunts. I have always taken Bret's side against Flair, because Flair is a walking contridiction and a suck up to whoever he is working with at the time. I have always thought HBK was jealous of The Rock because he was the mega draw HBK could never be and I prefer Austin to Hogan as a performer, but to be fair I dont know why Austin dislikes him.

• Paid Members

I've only recently seen the Heenan shoot and was surprised to hear him slate Terry Taylor quite badly. I only remember their time together in the Heenan family and if course they always seemed so close nit. The Brain certainly wasn't a fan of the Rooster though.

Batista and Shelly 'Ariel' Martinez recently buried the hatchet after Martinez told anyone who'd listen that he was the reason why she was released from WWE.

Edge and Matt Hardy, for a time, obviously.

If you've ever read Gary Michael Cappetta's book (if not, DO, it's a great read) The Undertaker would have killed Buzz Sawyer if he ever saw him had nature not beaten him to it.

Sable and Sunny famously couldn't stand each other. Sunny even called Sable a 'cunt' in a shoot interview.

• Paid Members
Batista and Shelly 'Ariel' Martinez recently buried the hatchet after Martinez told anyone who'd listen that he was the reason why she was released from WWE.

If you've ever read Gary Michael Cappetta's book (if not, DO, it's a great read) The Undertaker would have killed Buzz Sawyer if he ever saw him had nature not beaten him to it.

Sable and Sunny famously couldn't stand each other. Sunny even called Sable a 'cunt' in a shoot interview.

I believe that was something to do with money. 'Taker paid Sawyer to train him, but apparently, Buzz only showed him how to lock up, and fucked off.

• Paid Members
Didnt Undertaker and a few others make a counter group to the clique called BSK

I don't know if the BSK is specifically anti clique. Although it might be that it was, I think now it's just a group. Taker apparently is not the sort of person that has lots of friends among the "boyz" but he has a few very close friends.

That said, Taker was definitely anti clique and anti nwo. Whether that means he was pro anyone else is a different matter.

Bret may take himself too seriously but the other 3 I think are top guys, I know Austin beat up his ex wife but still.

fixed

I never knew that Gary Michael Cappetta wrote a book. What's it called?

And I always got on really well with Steve Corino when we worked together in 1PW. He always had time for me and also sent me a really nice email when I took over booking 1PW from him, saying that he thought that I was an excellent choice for the position, which he didn't have to do at all.

There are other independent American wrestlers that I didn't get on quite so well with however. I didn't have great times with them, or good memories ;).

And I always got on really well with Steve Corino when we worked together in 1PW. He always had time for me and also sent me a really nice email when I took over booking 1PW from him, saying that he thought that I was an excellent choice for the position, which he didn't have to do at all.

There are other independent American wrestlers that I didn't get on quite so well with however. I didn't have great times with them, or good memories ;).

Very nice of Corino - however to put a negative twist on it, and I'm sure you've experienced this first hand, there are guys that have the "reputation" from the WWE/WCW of being difficult, yet they couldn't be nicer when you work with them.

I attribute this to them no longer having the pressures they had while in the "big time", and of course in other cases it could be misinformed t'internet nonsense about their bad rep!

I believe that was something to do with money. 'Taker paid Sawyer to train him, but apparently, Buzz only showed him how to lock up, and fucked off.

Yeah, its been a while since I read the book but I believe Taker had to borrow money off his brother and Sawyer scarpered with the cash leaving Taker in debt to his brother for many years with nothing to show for it....or something like that.

Bodyslams! Memoirs of a Wrestling Pitchman.

Seriously, its a fantastic read. Cappetta has hundreds of backstage stories from his time as a ring announcer. He was there during the infamous Sid Vicious-Arn Anderson hotel knife fight, for instance.

• Paid Members

....and there is of course, New Jack, who keeps bashing people up and will stab and slice people up in what amounts to GBH and no one seems to have a problem with him....strange. Well, hopefully one day he will get his well-deserved comeuppance.

Archived