The WWE Roster Cuts 2011

ThePhenom

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can understand letting people go but what I dont get is why they seem keen to release the likes of Kozlov and Chavo Guerrero during NXT, at least wait until the show finishes!

That season will never finish.

I can understand letting people go but what I dont get is why they seem keen to release the likes of Kozlov and Chavo Guerrero during NXT, at least wait until the show finishes!

Kozlov isn't doing anything on it other than fighting JTG though didn't his rookie get axed, unlike Chavo's rookie

outraged at masters getting the boot, he was doin a lot better than guys like primo, curt hawkins and tyler reks, and they boots him... same with Vlad, i quite liked the tandem of him and Santino...

i definitely saw Smith and Kim going

and i'm 50/50 bout Melina

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if wwe got shot of a few midcarders...Drew...

• Paid Members

I always wanted DH Smith to be a success, purely because of who his dad was, but to be honest he really was dull. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did once they split the Hart Dynasty, he didn't stand a chance on his own.

Won't lose any sleep at all over Melina going. Was never a fan to be honest. Same with Kim.

I actually liked Koslov, but he's probably a sensible cut. It's not like he was going to do anything of note ever again.

However, I'm fucking devastated that they dropped Masters. I honestly think he could have been a top player with a decent push.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of those that aren't fussed about DH Smith. For years I'd always hoped they'd sign him (without having seen him wrestle) purely because of who he was. But let's be honest, he was shit. Really, really dull and almost nothing going for him. Well, he was quite tall I guess. Won't be missed at all.

Don't care about Melina or Gail Kim. Or any of the divas for that matter.

I know a lot on here cover Masters in jizz (especially the pcc), but I've never really been a fan. Although I haven't seen any of his stuff on Superstars over the past year, so judging by what people are saying on here they may have dropped the ball there.

I am gutted about Kozlov though. He's not the worst in the ring and he has been funny over the past year. He'd have made a decent long-term comedy wrestler much like Funaki & Santino had/have been. Shame.

• Paid Members

I was gutted when they Future Endeavoured Masters first time round. Like someone else pointed out, during his second run he was probably three times better, but only pushed about a third as much. Total waste.

I don't know what he'll do now. He's still young enough to return to WWE at some point in the future, but I guess if they have let him go this time then they really don't see anything in him.

Here's what he Tweeted an hour ago....

"Watch any match I've worked in the last year and tell me I wasn't one of the best in ring guys in the company. I'm just saying!"

He's got a point.

I'm not Melinas biggest fan, but talent wise she was a notch up from Kelly Kelly, The Bella Twins and Eve. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her surface in TNA.

...and if Chris Masters isn't TNA World Heavyweight Champion by Bound For Glory 2012 we riot.

Add me to the list of those that aren't fussed about DH Smith. For years I'd always hoped they'd sign him (without having seen him wrestle) purely because of who he was. But let's be honest, he was shit. Really, really dull and almost nothing going for him. Well, he was quite tall I guess. Won't be missed at all.

Don't care about Melina or Gail Kim. Or any of the divas for that matter.

I know a lot on here cover Masters in jizz (especially the pcc), but I've never really been a fan. Although I haven't seen any of his stuff on Superstars over the past year, so judging by what people are saying on here they may have dropped the ball there.

I am gutted about Kozlov though. He's not the worst in the ring and he has been funny over the past year. He'd have made a decent long-term comedy wrestler much like Funaki & Santino had/have been. Shame.

I think the problem with Masters is that what he does well tends to be the kind of thing that only old-schoolers and those watching it closely tend to notice. Yes, technically and mechanically he's tight, he can carve out a nice little match, he sells consistently, and there's all the little nuances and subtleties for eagle eyed internet fans to notice and praise.

The problem is, your average fan/kid is mostly oblivious to it. The important thing is whether he shows the character and charisma for the masses to think of him as a superstar. And as harsh as it might sound to his fanclub, he doesn't really have it. He's just a big bland musclehead who learned to become pretty impressive in the ring over the past 5 or 6 years. He doesn't even strike me as someone you could do a lot with in terms of a change of gimmick other than maybe as a new Johnny The Bull or something.

He's probably the type of guy who would be more appreciated in places like RoH and Japan anyway.

Yeah, Koslov was pretty good as Santino's sidekick, he played it perfectly. Also, i'm pretty sure he would've made a far better go of it if given Ezekiel Jacksons push.

The problem is, your average fan/kid is mostly oblivious to it. The important thing is whether he shows the character and charisma for the masses to think of him as a superstar. And as harsh as it might sound to his fanclub, he doesn't really have it. He's just a big bland musclehead who learned to become pretty impressive in the ring over the past 5 or 6 years. He doesn't even strike me as someone you could do a lot with in terms of a change of gimmick other than maybe as a new Johnny The Bull or something.

He almost always got a good pop though, which is pretty impressive for someone who's never onto the main TV shows. House show reports often made mention of his good reactions, and he seemed well received on the b-shows. His finish was over like rover too.

• Paid Members
Bollocks, he wore a hat once. Now that's personality!

In the pre-show battle royal at Mania, all of us in our section of the arena were trying to identify this trendy superstar who had added a swish hat to his attire. One by one as names we suggested like Masters, Hawkins and so on left the ring we still couldn't work out who the hell it was. And even when Smith was eliminated, I think he grabbed his hat again and we still couldn't work it out!

I can't help but thinking his hat was some kind of rib. Like when Vince McMahon said Charlie Haas had no personality, and they made him start doing impressions of other wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and JBL to effectively take the piss out of his lack of charisma.

Archived