The WWE Roster Cuts 2011

ThePhenom

I'm personally very happy Gail Kim has been released, as it means I'll see her back in TNA again. Really enjoyed her down there, and I think there are some good matches she can have with the newer Knockouts.

She's like Jeff Hardy in reverse - shite in WWE, but good in TNA.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
The problem is, your average fan/kid is mostly oblivious to it. The important thing is whether he shows the character and charisma for the masses to think of him as a superstar. And as harsh as it might sound to his fanclub, he doesn't really have it. He's just a big bland musclehead who learned to become pretty impressive in the ring over the past 5 or 6 years. He doesn't even strike me as someone you could do a lot with in terms of a change of gimmick other than maybe as a new Johnny The Bull or something.

Utter shite. You've obviously never seen him get the crowd eating out of his hand at a house show. Or at a taping, where even in a superstars/dark getting a huge reaction for his finish. If there's a better face in the US not called Rey Mysterio Jr I'd like to know who.

Master should get Crimson s spot, just with talent and not-being-green-as-fuck. Masters to TNA would please me, but you either push this guy or you lose him. Matt Morgan-syndrome. Like WWE did.

Add me to the list of people that liked Masters, although I'm one of the people that liked him first time round. He really improved on his inauspicious debut and his match against Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven one year was really good (although HBK carried it). I suppose he'd slipped away down the card by the time he was first released, and with the wellness violations WWE probably didn't have much of a choice.

I didn't see too much of him in WWE there, as I watch a lot less of it now, but he had a good Superstars match against JTG a month or so ago.

• Paid Members

Masters was decent in ring and also on the mic, but they obviously had no idea what do do with him, which begs the question 'why'd they sign him again?'

Maybe with his previous wellness violations they felt nervous about pushing him? I dunno. Anyway, given some of the heels on the roster with zero mic skills (eg. Dolph, Swagger, Khali) I think there was definitely a spot for Masters if he were to turn.

But even as a face, there was an Eziekiel Jackson shaped spot in The Corre he could have filled quite competently. When the big lugging bore is currently wrestling as IC champ you know something's not quite right on Smackdown.

• Paid Members
Obviously not.

I guess Vince and Hunter never either.

Actually, according to reports the higher-ups don't tell Vince about the midcard on house shows, only main events.

Also, Triple H has always had a problem with Masters and Vince has always been ready to believe the bullshit of others in his writing room. If a couple of members on his team shit on him for no other reason than the don't like him personally, then Vince will listen to them and believe it. Read Dave Laganas CM Punk article on IWantWrestling.com to see how it works.

Masters got a fucking titty dance over, A TITTY DANCE. John Cena would get booed out of the building for trying that.

I'd agree with you if they gave Masters a chance, but they gave him little and the little they did give him he was tremendous.

• Paid Members
Actually, according to reports the higher-ups don't tell Vince about the midcard on house shows, only main events.

Also, Triple H has always had a problem with Masters and Vince has always been ready to believe the bullshit of others in his writing room. If a couple of members on his team shit on him for no other reason than the don't like him personally, then Vince will listen to them and believe it. Read Dave Laganas CM Punk article on IWantWrestling.com to see how it works.

Masters got a fucking titty dance over, A TITTY DANCE. John Cena would get booed out of the building for trying that.

I'd agree with you if they gave Masters a chance, but they gave him little and the little they did give him he was tremendous.

To be fair I think anyone would have gotten a cheer for the pec-dance. I like Masters, but he didn't get the 'titty dance' over because he was Chris Masters. The titty dance got over because it was a titty dance.

To be fair I think anyone would have gotten a cheer for the pec-dance. I like Masters, but he didn't get the 'titty dance' over because he was Chris Masters. The titty dance got over because it was a titty dance.

it would of been money if a diva could of done it

• Paid Members

I disagree. In the wrong hands that could have been 'Wrestlecrap', watch it again. Masters was note perfect. He also started to use it in his matches because it was getting over (until WWE told him not to). He even made Sharon Osbourne go moist with the site of his impressive titty dance.

'Titty dance', 'titty dance', 'titty dance'.

I disagree. In the wrong hands that could have been 'Wrestlecrap', watch it again. Masters was note perfect. He also started to use it in his matches because it was getting over (until WWE told him not to). He even made Sharon Osbourne go moist with the site of his impressive titty dance.

It was wrestlecrap, and even if they let him carry on, it would have run it's course very quickly because it's a silly, one-note gag. Let's be fair, they had him dancing his pecs because it was more interesting than anything he's ever actually said in a promo. Don't try and make out that WWE were onto the next "What" and decided to shut it down.

Masters was a solid hand, a new Val Venis perhaps, having steady matches with new wrestlers on the smaller shows. Yeah, it's a shame to drop someone when they have clearly improved (though again, be reasonable - his improvement stood out because the first time around he couldn't wrestle for shit), but it's hardly like they have released an in-his-prime Mr Perfect or something.

• Paid Members

If it were pushed as his gimmick on a grander scale I'm sure some people WOULD have called it wrestlecrap. It was a pec dance, so calling it 'note perfect' is a serious overstatement. It simply was what it was, an amusing sideshow that would have got a cheer no matter who did it.

Again, I think they could have done more with Masters, but I think some people are seriously overrating him here. The best babyface outside of Rey Mysterio? Based on what exactly? Cent, Orton and Kofi receive much better reactions and sell more merchandise, Punk's suddenly set wrestling alight, Undertaker is Undertaker, and Triple H is Great at what he does too.

Then you have Big Show, who's massively over, Kane who gets cheered consistently no matter what he's saddled with, Christian who was arguably the most consistent in ring performer in the company during his face run, Edge, who really started to play the babyface character well before he retired.

Heck, even Khali and Hornswoggle incite bigger reactions as good guys. And Horny probably sells a shit-load of merchandise.

I do like Masters, but people need to be realistic here.

• Paid Members
It was wrestlecrap, and even if they let him carry on, it would have run it's course very quickly because it's a silly, one-note gag. Let's be fair, they had him dancing his pecs because it was more interesting than anything he's ever actually said in a promo. Don't try and make out that WWE were onto the next "What" and decided to shut it down.

Masters was a solid hand, a new Val Venis perhaps, having steady matches with new wrestlers on the smaller shows. Yeah, it's a shame to drop someone when they have clearly improved (though again, be reasonable - his improvement stood out because the first time around he couldn't wrestle for shit), but it's hardly like they have released an in-his-prime Mr Perfect or something.

I didn't say that though did I. My point was it was getting over, then they got him to stop doing it. At least it was something for him, rather than 'guy with no entrance gets beat by Sheamus' gimmick he had going on.

Again, I don't think anybody is making out he is Mr. Perfect. Just that he was under utilized for his skill set and that a solid hand like him should at least have a place on Raw or Smackdown.

Archived