The WWE Roster Cuts 2011

ThePhenom

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the pre-show battle royal at Mania, all of us in our section of the arena were trying to identify this trendy superstar who had added a swish hat to his attire. One by one as names we suggested like Masters, Hawkins and so on left the ring we still couldn't work out who the hell it was. And even when Smith was eliminated, I think he grabbed his hat again and we still couldn't work it out!

We had the benefit of having seen him wearing it at Axxess. I was trying to figure out who Johnny Curtis was.

Kozlov going is shocking when u consider what they are instead doing with Mark Henry and his 112th push as a huge monster (who a few months was jobbing like Iron Mike).

I mean how difficult would it have been for them to have Santino say something he didn't like and have Koz destroy him some do-gooder comes out for the save and Koz destroys them too, then a good few refs and officials all get the same treatment (maybe HHH takes one for the team!).

Suddenly OMG Kozlov is a monster who challenges for main event titles (and eats pussies like Henry for breakfast).

I'm also sure if the can patch up the hole from which Chris Masters deflated so much and then pump him full of air again he could have been another main eventer.

D(ull as)H(ell) Smith would still be treated like a national treasure any time he came to the UK (we can pretend he's British like we did with Kevin Pieterson and John Barnes)

Fucking hell. Before today, we were only one Shad hiring away from finally getting a Hart Dynasty/Cryme Tyme match on Smackdown. I had longed for that. Now we're still two sackings away from getting it in TNA. I guess my wait will just have to continue.

Melina is no loss at all. Gail Kim is a bit of a shame, with all due respect she was the fittest girl they had on the roster. DH Smith was just very very dull, I doubt many remembered he was alive never mind a WWE superstar.

I've liked Kozlov since his association with Santino and his comedy has been great. I loved his JTG on NXT.

Masters I'm horrified. He has been a quality wrestler since his return and he's had some terrific matches, I hoped he could hold on but it wasn't to be. I kinda hope he gets picked up by TNA, but I would imagine he'd get better push and more money for somewhere like All Japan.

• Paid Members

I'd actually like to see Masters go to TNA and win them all over with his work. He's still young and motivated, and TNA seem to relish the chance to try and make something of people WWE threw away or didn't want. In the case of Masters, it might be the first time they'd be on to a good thing if they did.

Archived