2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

I'm very surprised at the Craig Thomson decision, regardless of whether there are "other factors" to the case or not, I can't imagine there are any that paint his actions in a better light. It really puts the coaching staff in an awkward position. Do they play him and deal with the burden of playing a convicted sex offender, or do they freeze him out and potentially face the wrath of the chairman? Given his track record of firing people that's probably not something they're going to want to deal with.

Very uncomfortable situation all round.

Also wonder how his team-mates will treat him especially the ones who have kids.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm very surprised at the Craig Thomson decision, regardless of whether there are "other factors" to the case or not, I can't imagine there are any that paint his actions in a better light. It really puts the coaching staff in an awkward position. Do they play him and deal with the burden of playing a convicted sex offender, or do they freeze him out and potentially face the wrath of the chairman? Given his track record of firing people that's probably not something they're going to want to deal with.

Also wonder how his team-mates will treat him especially the ones who have kids.

As Ron says, Hearts claim there are "other factors". In all honesty can anyone genuinly come up with any reasons why Hearts shouldn't just throw him out on his arse?

• Paid Members

As Ron says, Hearts claim there are "other factors". In all honesty can anyone genuinly come up with any reasons why Hearts shouldn't just throw him out on his arse?

Because they like having kiddy fiddlers affiliated with their club.

*cough*Rix*cough*

Am I right in thinking someone was a Shettleston fan on here? If you are reading this, how do you rate Ryan Kennedy? Anyone else of any promise at the club?

He was solid at the back for Shettleston and they have missed him.

Why is all Rangers transfers being reported as Rangers rejecting clubs valuation of players, rather than clubs rejecting Rangers bids?

He was solid but I'd say he lacks the extra yard of pace to be a good player at sneior level. The ginger winger, Connor something was being watched by Partick Thistle, he looks a decent player.

• Paid Members

(Are you on about the Shettleston guy? I don't know his name.)

Yeah, he does. You can't help but notice what he's doing on the pitch due to that mop of ginger hair. Always goes down the left side, so he must be a left back or winger. He does look quite decent.

Hearts have failed to pay their players wages on time more than once in recent seasons so I reckon they just don't have the ready cash to pay out the remainder of his contract and haven't as yet 'agreed the terms of the release'. If he could have been gross misconducted he would've been by now but it's clear his prospects in Scottish football are diminishing by the day.

• Paid Members
Stephen Craigan has chosen Partick Thistle to be Motherwells opposition in his testimonial game, which takes place on July 13th.

Also, we've signed Nicky Law from Rotherham.

Haha! And Darren Mackie gets Villarreal!

Heh!

Stephen Craigan has chosen Partick Thistle to be Motherwells opposition in his testimonial game, which takes place on July 13th.

Heh!

Did you read what I've actually typed? Craigan requested Thistle, as both Thistle & Motherwell are the only clubs he's played for.

• Paid Members

Heh!

Did you read what I've actually typed? Craigan requested Thistle, as both Thistle & Motherwell are the only clubs he's played for.

I did read that. But good on him, going for the sentimentality over the cash!

Hearts have failed to pay their players wages on time more than once in recent seasons so I reckon they just don't have the ready cash to pay out the remainder of his contract and haven't as yet 'agreed the terms of the release'. If he could have been gross misconducted he would've been by now but it's clear his prospects in Scottish football are diminishing by the day.

More likely that Hearts know they'll be able to sell him.

• Paid Members

More likely that Hearts know they'll be able to sell him.

But would they be able to get decent money for the guy? Enough money to make it worth keeping him on for that reason, I mean. If he doesn't get a game then his value's gonna decrease, and only a select few clubs are gonna take a punt on a convicted sex offender anyway. His best chance might come abroad in a really obscure country that has bags of cash.

I really feel for Jefferies because he's been put in a hellishly awkward situation. As have the club on a whole, actually. I think his only real option is to force Thomson to receive some form of counciling before he'll even be considered for selection again. Thomson is never gonna rebuild his image, and it's extremely unlikely that he'll rebuild his career, but the best way to start is by showing remorse and getting help. By keeping him on the club now has a duty to ensure he doesn't fall down a slipperly Gary Glitter-esque slope and works towards reforming himself and dealing with his issues.

Thought I'd post this here, as no one outside this thread really gives a toss about Scottish football.

Anyone else got new kits to show off? If so, fire them in!

The new Motherwell shirt;

po92Z.jpg

KZF9Z.jpg

ZdEGn.jpg

Archived