2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! Salim Kerkar is coming home! We're well on our way to title number 54. Mighty Glasgow Rangers and all that.

Not exactly the deal one looks for in a transfer window.

I have said in another forum that Kerkar will surprise us this coming season, I'm sure.

Cheers guys, not read about this "development fee". The point still stands with Ledley though. Why is it a one way street?

It's because the rules are slightly different depending on whether it's a domestic or foreign transfer. These fees are due for anyone 22 and under, but for some reason with 23 year olds (as Ledley was), compensation is only to be paid if it's a domestic transfer (which is what Wales to England is considered as). If the transfer is foreign (Wales to Scotland), the right to compensation doesn't apply. Sounds a bit weird and unnecessarily complicated, but i guess they have their reasons.

• Paid Members
Cheers guys, not read about this "development fee". The point still stands with Ledley though. Why is it a one way street?

It's because the rules are slightly different depending on whether it's a domestic or foreign transfer. These fees are due for anyone 22 and under, but for some reason with 23 year olds (as Ledley was), compensation is only to be paid if it's a domestic transfer (which is what Wales to England is considered as). If the transfer is foreign (Wales to Scotland), the right to compensation doesn't apply. Sounds a bit weird and unnecessarily complicated, but i guess they have their reasons.

We never got compensation for Kevin McNaughton...

Archived