2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Unfortunately skint for this. :(

Sounds like an absolute belter of a game though. Good to see Andy Jackson getting on the scoresheet, and we also confirmed the signings of Archie Campbell and Peter MacDonald. I'm pretty sure we signed Darren McGeough who has been with us before as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately skint for this. :(

Sounds like an absolute belter of a game though. Good to see Andy Jackson getting on the scoresheet, and we also confirmed the signings of Archie Campbell and Peter MacDonald. I'm pretty sure we signed Darren McGeough who has been with us before as well.

Is that the Rangers youth? Im sure I heard he left us to join Celtic on a free.

Confirmed we've signed Juanma Ortiz on a 3 year deal. Chuffed, that's started the ball rolling.

I thought he was Celtic youth to be honest, so I guess you probably heard right. He was at us before I'm sure.

Archie Campbell is one of yours as well apparently.

I thought he was Celtic youth to be honest, so I guess you probably heard right. He was at us before I'm sure.

Aye Archie was talked about for ages amongest fans. But apparently he was too small, much like Burke and McCormack. We only bring through youth players who look like Lee McCulloch (and often, play like him too). Andy Shinnie has signed a 2 year deal at Inverness and I full expect him to be another ex-Rangers youth who'll end up making a name for himself in the Championship, possibly Premiership.

• Paid Members

From BBC....

Gavin Skelton has rejected an offer from Morton to join English Conference North club Barrow after leaving Hamilton Accies.

Surely there is more to this Haraga? Barrow can't be more appealing??

From BBC....

Gavin Skelton has rejected an offer from Morton to join English Conference North club Barrow after leaving Hamilton Accies.

Surely there is more to this Haraga? Barrow can't be more appealing??

Financially the conference could compete with some SPL teams mate.

Aye Archie was talked about for ages amongest fans. But apparently he was too small, much like Burke and McCormack. We only bring through youth players who look like Lee McCulloch (and often, play like him too).

Dylan McGeough is the one Celtic signed from Rangers last December.

And can I be a cynic for a minute. Rangers finally spend half a million of the warchest on the day they look set to get half a million for Liverpool buying Adam.

Aye Archie was talked about for ages amongest fans. But apparently he was too small, much like Burke and McCormack. We only bring through youth players who look like Lee McCulloch (and often, play like him too).

And can I be a cynic for a minute. Rangers finally spend half a million of the warchest on the day they look set to get half a million for Liverpool buying Adam.

Um, the bid was accepted last Friday.

McGeouch played with us for 6 months after deciding to join Celtic on a bosman this month. Which I found strange.

McGeouch played with us for 6 months after deciding to join Celtic on a bosman this month. Which I found strange.

Don't worry. Just testing the waters for the new season. You have been bidding for players for players right, left and centre. It doesn't mean you have to buy them.

Don't worry. Just testing the waters for the new season. You have been bidding for players for players right, left and centre. It doesn't mean you have to buy them.

You're right. But since the 5M per season is apparently a legal obligation then there's no reason we shouldn't be bidding left right and centre.

Having said that, I dislike the way we seem to be conducting our transfer buisness these days by publically announcing every player we go for. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that the one player we never shouted from the rooftops we were bidding for, actually signed.

You're right. But since the 5M per season is apparently a legal obligation then there's no reason we shouldn't be bidding left right and centre.

Having said that, I dislike the way we seem to be conducting our transfer buisness these days by publically announcing every player we go for. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that the one player we never shouted from the rooftops we were bidding for, actually signed.

Rangers are legally obliged to spend

• Paid Members

Andy Shinnie has signed a 2 year deal at Inverness and I full expect him to be another ex-Rangers youth who'll end up making a name for himself in the Championship, possibly Premiership.

Not a chance. Andy is very average. I hold more hope for his younger brother Graeme who is also at Caley. Well I don't know if he is or not. Last I heard he was released, but he is still playing/training with them during pre-season?

Archived