2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we will be favourites to come back down next season with the bookies but i think Kilmarnock are going to be in trouble. They were always reasonably comfortable under Jefferies and then Mixu really turned them around but they have lost a lot of players which pretty much encompassed their entire midfield and, im my opinion, their two best players in Bryson and Eremenko. Tahioull and Hamilll weren't bad either - reckon they are going to struggle big time.

I don't really fancy St. Mirren's chances much. They were fighting with what was an absolutely dire Hamilton side in the relegation battle. I do think Dunfermline have a better side than the one going down and should give a St. Mirren team a few problems. I don't think Kilmarnock will be relegated but I don't think they'll be far away either. I reckon St. Johnstone will be having to look over their shoulders too.

As for SFL1, while my signature says different, I do think Dundee are going to win the league. They have both the manager and the players to do it. I think we have a chance, and thus will only remove my signature when all hope is gone. Who knows? Maybe it'll still be there at the end of the season!

I don't really fancy St. Mirren's chances much. They were fighting with what was an absolutely dire Hamilton side in the relegation battle. I do think Dunfermline have a better side than the one going down and should give a St. Mirren team a few problems. I don't think Kilmarnock will be relegated but I don't think they'll be far away either. I reckon St. Johnstone will be having to look over their shoulders too.

As for SFL1, while my signature says different, I do think Dundee are going to win the league. They have both the manager and the players to do it. I think we have a chance, and thus will only remove my signature when all hope is gone. Who knows? Maybe it'll still be there at the end of the season!

Not without Harkins. Siiiigh.

• Paid Members

Relegation wise it'll surely be between Killie and St Mirren. Both would be no great loss to the top division.

Hopefully Hamilton don't come back up and it's Dundee who get promoted. As much I wind up Jambo I'd genuinely love to see a strong Dundee team come up and hold their own in the SPL.

Might be a blow, but with a solid defence and maybe a good striker, why not? If it's really a one man team that obviously Smith isn't the manager he's quite cracked up to be. Of course, we both know that isn't the case.

Losing Harkins was always likely, not gonna lie, as much as most of us clinged on to the hope of keeping him. If we lose him though, we MUST keep Forsyth, as losing two of our most creative players is too much to handle IMO. Striker wise, we look to have two players who need to prove themselves fit in Bayne and Milne, one who showed promise in Hyde, and MacIntosh who is still too young to be relied upon.

I expect us to go something like this:

Douglas

Irvine,Weston,McKeown,Lockwood

Reilly,O'Donnell,X,X (Forsyth / Conroy)

MacIntosh,Bayne/Milne/Hyde

Edit - It is refreshing to see the support for our manager though, everyone has faith in Smithy, having shown how shrewd he was with the embargo last season.

Whats Morton's squad like?

See, that's a very solid lineup and with a good manager, is good enough to win the league.

Our own side is pretty decent at the moment. We had a solid backline last season when we played our first choice defence and we have managed to keep all of them. We've managed to tie down Fitzharris and Bachirou to one year deals which was absolutely vital.

We've made a good few singings. We've signed Andy Jackson which is a major thing for us. We've also signed Andy Graham from Hamilton and Ross Forsyth from Stirling Albion. Both good wing backs which adds to our already solid defence.

We lost Allan Jenkins which is going to be massive. I'd like to think that with two real quality passers like Bachirou and Tidser will mean that it isn't too much of a loss, and with O'Brien and Fitzharris driving down the right and left, we can provide good service into the box. Bachirou in particular is too good for us. I have no idea how we managed to keep a hold of him, but we did.

We're not done either. We're scouring Scandanavia looking for players as Allan Moore seems determined to use every contact available to him to make us a contending team.

Oh, we signed Di Giacamo too. :(

See, that's a very solid lineup and with a good manager, is good enough to win the league.

Our own side is pretty decent at the moment. We had a solid backline last season when we played our first choice defence and we have managed to keep all of them. We've managed to tie down Fitzharris and Bachirou to one year deals which was absolutely vital.

We've made a good few singings. We've signed Andy Jackson which is a major thing for us. We've also signed Andy Graham from Hamilton and Ross Forsyth from Stirling Albion. Both good wing backs which adds to our already solid defence.

We lost Allan Jenkins which is going to be massive. I'd like to think that with two real quality passers like Bachirou and Tidser will mean that it isn't too much of a loss, and with O'Brien and Fitzharris driving down the right and left, we can provide good service into the box. Bachirou in particular is too good for us. I have no idea how we managed to keep a hold of him, but we did.

We're not done either. We're scouring Scandanavia looking for players as Allan Moore seems determined to use every contact available to him to make us a contending team.

Oh, we signed Di Giacamo too. :(

It's said every year and it's turns true most years, yet again though, the 1st will end up as tight as a Scottish Jew. It's tough to pick from Us, Livi, Hamilton, You Lot, Falkirk and less so Raith, how crazy is that.

Lets not count out QoS here. Good manager and a thin squad which means Gus has much adding to do and if he gets the right players in, they could trouble anyone in the division. If Partick can keep their talented younger players they're going to be a threat, but apparently Motherwell are sniffing about.

I really don't forsee Hamilton being much of a challenge to be honest.

• Paid Members

I'm so glad that Craig Brown has confirmed that there is no way back for Zander Diamond.

It appears Hearts have pulled the plug on the deal and Craig Brown simply said "We've replaced him."

LOVELY, CRAIG! LOVELY!

• Paid Members
I'm so glad that Craig Brown has confirmed that there is no way back for Zander Diamond.

It appears Hearts have pulled the plug on the deal and Craig Brown simply said "We've replaced him."

LOVELY, CRAIG! LOVELY!

TenayWest-1.gif

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_browntwist.gif

• Paid Members

Hmmm, James McFadden's available on a free transfer from Birmingham...what're the odds of him joining one of the Old Firm, do you reckon?

As for Zander Diamond, I can't believe he came so close to signing for Hearts in the first place. I can only assume Vladimir Romanov rigged the medical when he heard of the insanity move his manager was making.

Archived