2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
That may be so, but I just don't have any faith in Levein. I never liked his appointment from the get-go, and his infamous tactics against the Czech Republic simply confirmed that he's not the man to take Scotland forward.

It's a catch 22 for me, because I always support my national side, but every time we win enough games to keep Levein in a job I know we're stuck with the guy.

His tactics against the Czechs were farcical, but (unlike Burley before him) Levein's clearly an astute, intelligent manager. I've a lot of faith in the guy, he's not got a bad record so far and in time I believe he'll deliver the goods.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scotland: McGregor, Whittaker, Hanley, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Brown, Adam, Robson, Forrest, Miller (capt).

Good to see James Forrest getting his first cap even if I don't agree with the hype surrounding him. Not a bad player, just over-rated.

Scotland: McGregor, Whittaker, Hanley, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Brown, Adam, Robson, Forrest, Miller (capt).

Good to see James Forrest getting his first cap even if I don't agree with the hype surrounding him. Not a bad player, just over-rated.

I've heard from a few people that Forrest is a wee ferret in the flesh. Totally believes his own hype, and is becoming the new McGeady in terms of obnoxiousness.

He's good, but he's not amazing by any standards.

I've heard from a few people that Forrest is a wee ferret in the flesh. Totally believes his own hype, and is becoming the new McGeady in terms of obnoxiousness.

He's good, but he's not amazing by any standards.

Thought he looked a bit out of his depth last night albeit a good wee ten minute spell in the later stages of the second half. Very frustrating when he beats his man and has a great opportunity to put a cross in the decides to try and beat the man again, not too dissimilar to Mr McGeady

• Paid Members

Quite a crusher as a Scottish football fan to see James McCarthy supposedly being subject of a multi-million pound tug-of-war between Liverpool/Chelsea/Everton. Our midfield's strong right now, but the addition of McCarthy would be the icing on the cake. That and a good striker. Fingers crossed Kris Boyd'll keep up his scoring form next season and break back into the national side. And if Fletcher and Levein make up that'd be nice too.

I'd far rather have Steven Fletcher back in the Scotland setup than Boyd. Fletcher offers far more as a foil to Miller and whilst it's true that Boyd also played very well with him whilst at Rangers, he offers a lot less as one man in the eleven. That said, Boyd should've been in the squad ahead of Chris Maguire, who will probably ride off that half-way line goal for a few years before amounting to nothing.

As far as McCarthy goes, I don't see that he's been so much better than the likes of Naismith, Brown, McArthur and co, but with all the furore about him not showing up for Ireland again and Robbie Keane criticising him, there's still a chance he could switch his allegiances back to a more welcoming team.

I'd far rather have Steven Fletcher back in the Scotland setup than Boyd. Fletcher offers far more as a foil to Miller and whilst it's true that Boyd also played very well with him whilst at Rangers, he offers a lot less as one man in the eleven. That said, Boyd should've been in the squad ahead of Chris Maguire, who will probably ride off that half-way line goal for a few years before amounting to nothing.

As far as McCarthy goes, I don't see that he's been so much better than the likes of Naismith, Brown, McArthur and co, but with all the furore about him not showing up for Ireland again and Robbie Keane criticising him, there's still a chance he could switch his allegiances back to a more welcoming team.

Really? I thought he had already played for Ireland in a competitive game a couple of months ago? Or am I talking shite? The Scottish national squad would be so much stronger with McCarthy and McGeady. Our midfield is looking good as you say, but the depth with those two in the squad would phenomenal in comparison to the shite we've had to put up with in recent years.

• Paid Members

Really? I thought he had already played for Ireland in a competitive game a couple of months ago? Or am I talking shite? The Scottish national squad would be so much stronger with McCarthy and McGeady. Our midfield is looking good as you say, but the depth with those two in the squad would phenomenal in comparison to the shite we've had to put up with in recent years.

He's played for Ireland so he's stuck with us now, i'd imagine an apology might be in order before he's welcomed back into the squad though. Really hope it doesn't become another Stephen Ireland type situation though.

Sven-Goran Eriksson has targeted Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra as the man to lead Leicester City back into the Premiership.

The Foxes boss has made an experienced central defender his top priority this summer and looks set to launch a

• Paid Members

Jamie Langfield yesterday had a seizure and was rushed to hospital.

Dons keeper recovering in hospital

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm goalkeeper Jamie Langfield is currently recovering in Glasgow's Southern General Hospital after suffering a seizure yesterday morning.

The 31 year old is described as being 'stable' and Chief Executive Duncan Fraser commented. "Obviously this is an extremely worrying time for Jamie and the thoughts of everyone at the Club are with him, Louise and the girls. Jamie had a comfortable night and there have been no further setbacks but, until the results of the tests he has undergone are known, we are not in a position to comment further."

Let's hope it isn't anything serious!

Archived