Wrestling Road Diaries

FUM

I managed to get a hold of this today. Only watched the first half hour so far but it is a fantastic insight into an independent wrestlers life. It's basically just following them on the road. It's the last few weeks Danielson was in ROH too which makes it all the more interesting.

Anyone else seen this yet?

I've not seen it yet, but it's waiting for me when I get home from uni on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to sitting down and watching it next week, I've heard some great things about it. Should be really interesting to see what happens to some of the guys inbetween shows. The extras on it should hopefully make it even better.

Cracking speed of delivery from Colt Cabana too, I ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived on the Monday. Excellent stuff!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I recommend this hugely. Its a complete must watch. Everyone involved comes across as likable. You get to see them in every situation you would imagine a independent wrestler in, like shopping in charity shops for a good bargain, to sleeping on the floor of a mates house even though they are all allergic to Cats, because its cheaper than getting a B&B. to stupid little pranks and childish gags to doing seminars at training schools. Daniel Bryan is funny, because he basically says doing seminars are a waste of time because the trainees dont listen anyway, so its only for the payday. If anyone hasnt checked it out, you really should. Its a proper documentary style video and not like one of those shitty RF Video On the Roads.

• Paid Members
not like one of those shitty RF Video On the Roads.

Thats what worried me, but its thankfully nothing like them.

Ive never actually watched a full ROH event so was worried I'd lose interest but its a really good watch. Cabana can get a little obnoxious at points, but is fun and I thought Danielson was entertaining throughout. Very likeable bloke.

The documentary itself is near three hours and Ive barely touched the extras which are nearly 2hrs, so theres a lot for your money. Theres nothing ground breaking, but its an interesting and entertaining road trip with a few wrestlers. Really well filmed and edited too. Two thumbs up.

Also features the forum's own John Atkins getting knocked back (You could do so much better sir!)

I recommend this hugely. Its a complete must watch. Everyone involved comes across as likable. You get to see them in every situation you would imagine a independent wrestler in, like shopping in charity shops for a good bargain, to sleeping on the floor of a mates house even though they are all allergic to Cats, because its cheaper than getting a B&B. to stupid little pranks and childish gags to doing seminars at training schools. Daniel Bryan is funny, because he basically says doing seminars are a waste of time because the trainees dont listen anyway, so its only for the payday. If anyone hasnt checked it out, you really should. Its a proper documentary style video and not like one of those shitty RF Video On the Roads.

Aye, Danielson picking up a Barbara Streisand LP then justifying that it was only 97c!

I watched this recently and echo what has been said by others, in that it is a real good documentary, giving you a total insight in what it is like to be an independant wrestler going from town to town to pick up the payday.

I really enjoyed this documentary. Definatly the best independant wrestling documentary I have seen lately. Like everybody has said there is loads of footage for your money (or bandwith) and a nice way to waste 3 hours. I liked it when they were talking about how stupid the handshake gimmick is and about how people treat them like god at indie shows!

Archived