Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
I don't know what Nicko is playing at, but he won't get any answers from me, other than my role is one of the 15 listed.

Ah, well at least that narrows it down. ;)

You posted that in the time I was posting my reply to the others. 'Twasn't a role-fishing attempt. Chill.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Teedy Kay's got a point about people posting sod all, my mind goes straight to Adam619. He avoided all suspicion and in the quicktopic forum with the Wolfpac even boasted about it.

No, he doesn't. He WOULD have a point if he'd been going after me (since I wasn't very active in the last game) or one of the players who haven't posted much in this game yet but, as it is, it feels like he's attempting to distract from the issues at hand.

TDK - Could you actually clarify exactly WHY Bristep immediately correcting himself makes him look scummy? If he was, as Swift suggested, trying to push that he didn't know that scum had time to change their numbers, then surely correcting himself right away would completely defeat the point? Actually, I'd quite like Swift to answer that as well.

I'm suspicious of you as well Spotlight. This post:

Do this quickly:

Unvote

I'm a little suspicious about mentioning the numbers and changing the numbers, I'm not sure if it was a genunine mistake or some kind of way to throw people off the numbers. I'm not too sure what to think of it. So until then

FOS Bristep

I know you said you wrote it quickly but it makes little sense and comes across as very forced, as if someone has asked you to jump in on Bristep and you've done so without actually understanding what you are supposed to be suspicious of.

• Paid Members
surely correcting himself right away would completely defeat the point?

It could also drive home the point, a quick realisation of his fuck up.

Especially as it seemed to be an initial waylaying of the idea that the actual number picking for the draft is of great importance to the game, which it can be folks.

But as you say, it could defeat the point.

Hell that's the whole reason I FOS'ed it and didn't VOTE.

I need more before I can commit.

• Paid Members
Right, my actions aren't scummy at all.

I believe Bristep made quite a fundamental slip up, and I think Swifty may have come across something by highlighting it.

-=The use of language=-

I'm going to break this down and give counter language examples to try and wrap up this absolutely ludicrous wagon against me.

"I think a nail may have been hit on the head here, not willing to vote yet, need to let the day progress just that touch more, however"

Notice the word 'THINK' this clearly highlights a thought process, it does not in any way indicate a clear decision bought from fact, at the moment there is only assumption that could be made from such an early post as Bristep's.

He either did what he said, or did what Swiftstrike said. I leaned towards Swiftstrike, because I honestly believe there may have been an early slip there, not the words 'may have been'. Nothing is for definite, hence why I FOS'ed and didnt VOTE.

"I think a nail may have been hit on the head here, not willing to vote yet, need to let the day progress just that touch more, however"

Yup told you all in that exact post I wasn't willing to vote, this is because of the word THINK being in the first line of the sentance.

I believe the slip 'could' yield a result, but I'm not jumping into a vote at this moment in time

What you lot are accusing me of saying is this:

"A nail has been hit on the head here, want to vote but I'll wait a wee while, once more have I'll jump on this bad boy"

To claim I am actually starting a Wagon is ridiculous, a point has been highlighted by Swift, I think it's an extremely valid point, and in this whole thread so far has been the most incriminating bit of posting, I however am the one advocating the notion of patience, to let the game go on, to see if others slip, to gain ideas and thought from everyone else before snatching at a lynch. It is in fact an anti-wagon that I have started if you truly break it down and look at it.

It could be anti-wagoning. It could also be trying to get a wagon going without looking like you're either starting it or boarding it. Keeping a level of deniability is definitely a scum trick. I know it is, because I've done it.

• Paid Members
No, he doesn't. He WOULD have a point if he'd been going after me (since I wasn't very active in the last game) or one of the players who haven't posted much in this game yet but, as it is, it feels like he's attempting to distract from the issues at hand.

Oh and this is clear bullshit, I'm not going after anyone, all I'm putting across is that we need to wait to hear from everyone, it's VERY Mike Castle, but I feel necessary.

Unfitfinlay, just to add about your inactive play last game, I didn't even know you were in that game. That is what I don't want this game, by creating a wagon and having it pushed through people can go easily unnoticed, by asking for thoughts and opinions of everyone, we can get a greater understanding of everyone within the game. It's what undid us last game.

So I'm not distracting from the issue, I'm highlighting the reason I FOS'ed and didn't VOTE so early on.

Which to be fair, is more than abundantly clear for most to see

• Paid Members
It could be anti-wagoning. It could also be trying to get a wagon going without looking like you're either starting it or boarding it. Keeping a level of deniability is definitely a scum trick. I know it is, because I've done it.

So if I drown I'm not a witch, but if I survive I am and I get burned at the stake?

How about you read what I'm saying, take the fact I'm 100% open about what I've said and would be willing to add to it, and realise that of all your options, I'm anti-wagoning.

Teedy Kay's got a point about people posting sod all, my mind goes straight to Adam619. He avoided all suspicion and in the quicktopic forum with the Wolfpac even boasted about it.

TDK - Could you actually clarify exactly WHY Bristep immediately correcting himself makes him look scummy? If he was, as Swift suggested, trying to push that he didn't know that scum had time to change their numbers, then surely correcting himself right away would completely defeat the point? Actually, I'd quite like Swift to answer that as well.

I'm suspicious of you as well Spotlight. This post:

Do this quickly:

Unvote

I'm a little suspicious about mentioning the numbers and changing the numbers, I'm not sure if it was a genunine mistake or some kind of way to throw people off the numbers. I'm not too sure what to think of it. So until then

FOS Bristep

I know you said you wrote it quickly but it makes little sense and comes across as very forced, as if someone has asked you to jump in on Bristep and you've done so without actually understanding what you are supposed to be suspicious of.

I thought the point of Teedy's post was to keep an eye out for those who haven't posted much or seem unwilling to post so much. I'm not full heartedly agreeing with Teedy and even said I concur with tom's theory on his first post of the game in the same post.

I am suspicious of Bristep because quite honestly, I thought the whole '48 hours to talk and change numbers' was fairly clear. I can understand he made a mistake but then when people started to question how quick he was to clear it up, I thought maybe it was a little speedy. I read that he was fast, and started to wonder if maybe he was some distracting us with a silly point, but then decided against it, for whatever reason.

• Paid Members
I thought the whole '48 hours to talk and change numbers' was fairly clear. I can understand he made a mistake but then when people started to question how quick he was to clear it up, I thought maybe it was a little speedy.

See, I've taken this exact same opinion of Bristep's Mistake/FuckUp.

I seem to be getting lambasted for FOS'ing someone, as that somehow means I'm immediately creating a stealth double-bluff wagon that no-one will know they are boarding, but because someone has slipped and I've FOS'ed them they'll be lynched by the morning because of my uber classy secret stealth no-one will notice I forced this bad boy wagon.

Yes that's how ridiculous I see your suspicions of me being.

Christ Swift pounced on that mistake and VOTED ... THAT'S starting a bleeding wagon folks.

I understand it's Day One, I understand that people are desperately searching for the slightest of reasons to lynch, because the game's so open and there's SO many possibilities.

But seriously, attacking a FOS, especially after a Vote for the same reason is nay on taking desperation to a new level.

• Paid Members
It's a bit early to accuse anyone of dodging but a question to our two lowest posters so far:

Andrew The Giant, Seph - What do you make of the game so far? Who do you suspect (if anyone) and why?

Firstly, there are a lot of paranoid people here :D

Secondly, as a first-timer I see that more thought has gone into at least starting the game, especially when opportunties for the Scum to steer it from the outset appear long after they've already been taken. If they had rigged the draft there are only really two ways to do it, the more cautious of the two leaving a lot to chance (for obvious reasons I won't explain how they'd go about it.) The early interchange between Swift and Nexus could have been a screen against them, but likely isn't as it only lasted about eight posts. Other than these two it's pretty hard to tell how things are going.

Finally, your choice of using 'us and them' for Town & Scum respectively, in more than one post, is suspicious in itself as nobody had questionned your alignment before me, that's why the minor suss.

I thought the whole '48 hours to talk and change numbers' was fairly clear. I can understand he made a mistake but then when people started to question how quick he was to clear it up, I thought maybe it was a little speedy.

See, I've taken this exact same opinion of Bristep's Mistake/FuckUp.

So clear that you both just got the hours mixed up.

You had 24 hours to discuss and change names

You had 48 hours to discuss and submit role requests

Yes so Teedy Kay and spotlight are scum, folks I'd like to see some of those FOS's on Kay turn into votes.

• Paid Members

Finley

Bristep corrected himself within 1 minute of posting now if he didn't know that the scum could discuss numbers and was going to check he could have done so before posting that and wouldn't of then posted it, yes? So it must have not been in his thoughts to do so for it then to appear in his thoughts and then check it out and come back here and post within the space of a minute seems suspicious.

As for the fact he did correct himself rather than wait for some else to do so it wouldn't matter would it, the first post sews the idea that he couldn't possibly be scum because he didn't know that and had to go check, waiting for someone else to correct him is immaterial to that point whether he self corrects or someone else does the job is done, the belief is then Bristep can't possibly be scum as he didn't know that info.

Archived