Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Right then, enough RVS crap for now, I want to get down and talk about the format of this game and how it may play out.

Some people may have powers some people may not, however those that won't will have the power of knowing that the power they went for WAS taken by someone else.

How do we think we should start to play this game as Town?

Well, I think everyone needs to remember it's a scum hunt, not a power hunt. Certain powers, if in the hands of the town, are invaluable and we don't want to lose them.

However, I guess the same could be said if those powers were in the hands of the scum. I'm a bit concerned about the draw order being made public too. It almost reads like a hitlist and it puts the scum at an instant advantage. They know who is town, and who is highly placed. We don't.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There is nothing to say that the scum didn't go all out to get the powers that we post want, cop, doc, watcher as this would seriously create a big problem for the town and obviously anyone towards the top of the list will be of greater use to there side town or scum.

By the way if anyone wants to read a PYP game here is a link from the mafia scum site of the last one

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15708

it should also be noted town have never lost a PYP game so we are on a fairly good footing to start from.

Also number analysis plays a bigger part in these games and I have already have two people I'm keeping my eye on just from that and the first page already.

• Paid Members

Sorry, late arrival here. I'm Fake Sting.

Anyway, never been a fan of RVS, so let's just get down to it: who's been a naughty boy, then?

• Paid Members
There is nothing to say that the scum didn't go all out to get the powers that we post want, cop, doc, watcher as this would seriously create a big problem for the town and obviously anyone towards the top of the list will be of greater use to there side town or scum.

By the way if anyone wants to read a PYP game here is a link from the mafia scum site of the last one

it should also be noted town have never lost a PYP game so we are on a fairly good footing to start from.

Also number analysis plays a bigger part in these games and I have already have two people I'm keeping my eye on just from that and the first page already.

Sorry swift, probably sound a little dense here, but what do you mean by "number analysis"? Do you mean analyzing the numbers people have picked, or analyzing the order in which people picked their power?

• Paid Members

The numbers that people have picked and why they have picked those numbers, for example the scum got some time to discuss there numbers before they picked them so you would assume that they picked there number to avoid each other, but here is the WIFOM they would now we would think that so two of them may have chosen the same numbers to avoid that thought and set themselves up as town by being further down the list the question then becomes is the trade off for being further down the list worth it for gaining the appearance of not being scum.

Numbers were picked before the scum/town were decided upon, so how do you derive any information from the numbers people picked?

Numbers were picked before the scum/town were decided upon, so how do you derive any information from the numbers people picked?

NM, I went back and checked the signup thread, the scum were given 24 hours to decide if they wanted to change their numbers.

• Paid Members

Bristep so it took you a minute to go and check the thread comeback here, that looks to me as if you didn't have to look you knew they could discuss it and was trying to push that of course you had no idea that the scum could discuss numbers

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

Bristep so it took you a minute to go and check the thread comeback here, that looks to me as if you didn't have to look you knew they could discuss it and was trying to push that of course you had no idea that the scum could discuss numbers

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

You're wrong I'm afraid. It did take me a minute to go to the first page of this thread, follow the link to the sign up thread then go to the last page of that thread. I'm a very fast browser/typer.

• Paid Members

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

I think a nail may have been hit on the head here, not willing to vote yet, need to let the day progress just that touch more, however

FOS: Bristep

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (1) - Nexus

Ron Simmons (1) - spotlightmagnet1

Chris B (1) - Lion of the Midlands

Teedy Kay (1) - Family Guy

Judas (1) - Ron Simmons

Family Guy PMSL (3) - seph, El Nicko Loco, bristep123

Losers (1) - Chris B

bristep123 (1) - swiftstrike

Not Voting:

SMS, Andrew the Giant, tom, unfitfinlay, Teedy Kay, Carbomb MA

With 16 Alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day phase ends: 7pm Friday 18th March.

• Paid Members

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

You're wrong I'm afraid. It did take me a minute to go to the first page of this thread, follow the link to the sign up thread then go to the last page of that thread. I'm a very fast browser/typer.

not only then are you an extremely fast typer/browser but also a thinker as the thought to check before posting can't have been in your mind when you first posted that, else I assume you would have checked before, but the idea must have popped into your head the moment you pressed send to check it.

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

not only then are you an extremely fast typer/browser but also a thinker as the thought to check before posting can't have been in your mind when you first posted that, else I assume you would have checked before, but the idea must have popped into your head the moment you pressed send to check it.

Nope, the thought popped into my head as I hit send. It only took me a short few seconds to write the first post, I second guessed myself after sending it. You're wrong again Swift. I guess I must be some sort of enigma by your standards since I seem to be doing everything at such an amazing speed.

• Paid Members

A bit WIFOM, but if it was a scum idea, I reckon that Bristep is telling the truth - if it was a charade, he'd take more time over it. However, I don't think that Swift would jump in on trying to lynch a big player on a flimsy point like that if he was scum.

However, TDK laying seeds for a vote is interesting to me. There's the potential that's trying to build a case on the stronger players.

TDK - why was it too early for a vote if you thought Swift was onto something?

Archived