Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Chris I wasn't referring to you and bristep.

Do you not think it's odd that both you and lion choose exactly the same numbers and the he randomly chooses a vote to go for and it's you again what are the chances of that?

Not particularly, no. I was annoyed that I ended up dead last in the list, because it means that there was pretty much no chance of me getting a role that I wanted. But there was always the chance that two people would pick the same numbers. It's not that outrageous an idea. Bear in mind that you're trying to pick numbers you don't think anyone else will pick, so I was avoiding the first five or so. I felt seven was the first safe number, and then 13 would be a number nobody would go for.

I thought so little of it that I forgot that it was Lion who picked the same numbers as me. Chances are that the numbers-snap was the reason he RVS'd me. As I said, I tend to take it in humour, so I figure it's more of a 'I'm voting for the bastard that put me joint-last in the picking list' thing.

I also think that being last in the list of choices is a bad trade-off for half of a scum bunch to likely be vanilla goons.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Right then, due to me witless nature I'm getting this out the way now.

I truly can not be arsed with this game when it comes down to the breaking up and reading of one sentence as a possibility of a lynch, even though I have quite clearly explained the meaning of that sentence, and where I am with gameplay.

I am Vanilla Townie, I opted to aim high and go for Odd Night Vigilante, just on the off chance, so someone above me has that role for future reference.

and to think the reason I'm being off'd is because I didn't Vote, it was one of two things that I as Vanilla Townie had going for me

It isn't about that sentence though. It's about your actions. YOU'RE the one who went into all the semantics over your sentence. YOU'RE the one who broke up and pointed out all the meanings of the different words of the lynch. You're now the one getting annoyed that people are responding to what you said.

Since then, you've been getting more and more defensive, and now you're appealing to emotions. If it's unintentional, why not respond to the points people are making rather than pretending they're making different points?

• Paid Members

That would have made sense Chris voting for you for picking the same numbers (I did that with Andrew for picking 1) but that is not what happened here is his post, almost as if he was ignoring the fact you had the same numbers.

Vote Chris B

Picked at Random

• Paid Members
That would have made sense Chris voting for you for picking the same numbers (I did that with Andrew for picking 1) but that is not what happened here is his post, almost as if he was ignoring the fact you had the same numbers.

Vote Chris B

Picked at Random

You asked what the odds were. I answered the best reason I thought of that he could have voted for me. If you want answers about WHY he voted for me, rather than theories, you'll have to ask him. I don't know.

• Paid Members

Vote Chris B

Picked at Random

You asked what the odds were. I answered the best reason I thought of that he could have voted for me. If you want answers about WHY he voted for me, rather than theories, you'll have to ask him. I don't know.

I'll ask you again what are the odds on that now I have given you further information, and I'll ask Lion about his vote when he turns up.

• Paid Members

Vote Chris B

Picked at Random

I'll ask you again what are the odds on that now I have given you further information, and I'll ask Lion about his vote when he turns up.

You haven't given further information. I already addressed the RVS voting. I didn't take it seriously.

The odds on two people in the game picking the same numbers? I don't think it's THAT unlikely. It's less likely than two people picking different numbers, and less likely than two people picking the same numbers, but it's not like it's astronomical odds that two people would pick the same numbers.

As I said, I don't read anything into it. For two reasons. 1 - I know I haven't deliberately chosen to match numbers with anyone. 2 - If I were scum, I wouldn't choose to do it because it would be completely underpowering the scum side, with two vanilla goons rather than, say, a doctor or a vigilante or anything else.

I don't know if Lion is scum or not. As far as I'm aware, scum didn't know what everyone else's numbers were. Only their own.

With regards to the odds on him voting for me? I don't think he drew names out of a hat, so I assume he did what everyone did - vote for the person they think it would be funniest to vote for, or the first person that's annoyed them. That would be me for obvious reasons. Did he do that? I don't know. I assume so. If he did, why didn't he mention it? I can't say.

So, fine. The odds of him picking me randomly? About one in fifteen.

• Paid Members

Oh, and swift - you said earlier that you were intrigued by two people's interactions with each other.

I haven't interacted with Lion at all. He's barely interacted with anyone.

And one more question, Columbo style. At this point, why are you now refusing to answer about TDK?

• Paid Members

And while you're at it, could you address all of this, instead of ignoring it?

It could be anti-wagoning. It could also be trying to get a wagon going without looking like you're either starting it or boarding it. Keeping a level of deniability is definitely a scum trick. I know it is, because I've done it.

by anti wagoning do you mean starting a wagon to draw heat away from another wagon in which case who?

This is an interesting point here, swift. Didn't you spot what I was referring to?

To claim I am actually starting a Wagon is ridiculous, a point has been highlighted by Swift, I think it's an extremely valid point, and in this whole thread so far has been the most incriminating bit of posting, I however am the one advocating the notion of patience, to let the game go on, to see if others slip, to gain ideas and thought from everyone else before snatching at a lynch. It is in fact an anti-wagon that I have started if you truly break it down and look at it.

It could be anti-wagoning. It could also be trying to get a wagon going without looking like you're either starting it or boarding it. Keeping a level of deniability is definitely a scum trick. I know it is, because I've done it.

Why specify MY use of 'anti-wagoning', when I was blatantly responding directly to TDK? He was using 'anti-wagoning' in the sense of avoiding a wagon going too early. I obviously responded to that. It's the previous sentence to mine. Why did you lose the context there?

The other point yes it could be the case at the same time isn't it interesting who came and defended Bristep always worth keeping an eye on because if town it could be both town and scum if scum it could be other scum mates.

I had a feeling that, when you mentioned the two players you were finding interesting, it was probably Bristep and me. The truth is that I don't think the self-answering is particularly scummy, but I also think it makes you more likely to be town as well - scum wouldn't be likely to try to jump that early. Unless, of course, they were trying to play against their usual type.

That said...

What is your opinion on Lion, Chris?

I don't have an opinion. The RVS and an unvote are all that he's done. I don't tend to read anything into RVSing other than humour.

However, here's a better question. What is your opinion on TDK? This is the kind of scum-hunting you're usually all over, but instead, you're avoiding discussing him at all.

• Paid Members
Oh, and swift - you said earlier that you were intrigued by two people's interactions with each other.

I haven't interacted with Lion at all. He's barely interacted with anyone.

And one more question, Columbo style. At this point, why are you now refusing to answer about TDK?

columbo.jpg

now you say that sir, but I have evidence here that you have intereacted with him, how would you chose to explain this.

Vote Chris B

Picked at Random

Good call, I'm still smarting after the last game.

Unvote

VOTE Judas

Vote: Losers

• Paid Members

by anti wagoning do you mean starting a wagon to draw heat away from another wagon in which case who?

This is an interesting point here, swift. Didn't you spot what I was referring to?

To claim I am actually starting a Wagon is ridiculous, a point has been highlighted by Swift, I think it's an extremely valid point, and in this whole thread so far has been the most incriminating bit of posting, I however am the one advocating the notion of patience, to let the game go on, to see if others slip, to gain ideas and thought from everyone else before snatching at a lynch. It is in fact an anti-wagon that I have started if you truly break it down and look at it.

Why specify MY use of 'anti-wagoning', when I was blatantly responding directly to TDK? He was using 'anti-wagoning' in the sense of avoiding a wagon going too early. I obviously responded to that. It's the previous sentence to mine. Why did you lose the context there?

The other point yes it could be the case at the same time isn't it interesting who came and defended Bristep always worth keeping an eye on because if town it could be both town and scum if scum it could be other scum mates.

I had a feeling that, when you mentioned the two players you were finding interesting, it was probably Bristep and me. The truth is that I don't think the self-answering is particularly scummy, but I also think it makes you more likely to be town as well - scum wouldn't be likely to try to jump that early. Unless, of course, they were trying to play against their usual type.

That said...

I don't have an opinion. The RVS and an unvote are all that he's done. I don't tend to read anything into RVSing other than humour.

However, here's a better question. What is your opinion on TDK? This is the kind of scum-hunting you're usually all over, but instead, you're avoiding discussing him at all.

I'm not refusing to answer about TDK, it would have been easier to get a read on him if the wagon on Bristep had grown and then he had voted and even then it would probably only be part of further wagon analysis, his reasoning behind Bristep slip seeming scummy is similar to mine so I don;t disagree with that your point about holding off avote at that point is valid there is no reason for him to hold off a vote at that moment with 1 person voting BRistep, at the moment that is a null tell though not enough good info there. I think that refers to the only point I missed up there in my previous reply.

• Paid Members

That said...

I'm not refusing to answer about TDK, it would have been easier to get a read on him if the wagon on Bristep had grown and then he had voted and even then it would probably only be part of further wagon analysis, his reasoning behind Bristep slip seeming scummy is similar to mine so I don;t disagree with that your point about holding off avote at that point is valid there is no reason for him to hold off a vote at that moment with 1 person voting BRistep, at the moment that is a null tell though not enough good info there. I think that refers to the only point I missed up there in my previous reply.

Why did you take off the context of the anti-wagonning comment I made, and concentrate on MY use of the word, when it was blatantly in response to TDK?

So yeah, out of two questions that I pointed to you, you actually failed to answer either of them.

With regards to the case on Lion, well shucks, you caught me. I already mentioned that I hadn't read anything into his voting me. My voting 'losers' was obviously totally serious, and not actually primarily making fun of Ron.

bristep how did you get that to do 2 separate posts there?

Manipulating the mechanics of the forum? Seems a bit scummy to me.

Anyway, seen as we're past the RVS, I may as well unvote for the time being.

I wouldn't want the town getting sidetracked by the whole numbers thing, if swiftstrike is happy enough to use the numerology in his arguments, then fair enough, but without some rock-solid reasoning and/or evidence to accompany them, I'd more than likely disregard them as a method of scum-hunting.

TDK's use of language, whilst intriguing, is not necessarily scummy. It indicates he is trying to start a wagon, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's because he's trying to get a townie lynched, more that he's trying to get a player lynched. Yes it could be because he's scum, but equally it could be because he believes bristep is scum and is trying to get his argument across.

Personally, I don't think bristep is scum based on the facts presented by swift and TDK, and don't think their arguments are solid enough to entice me to vote. Again, to clarify, that doesn't mean I think swift and TDK are scum because I don't agree with them, simply that I don't think they are correct in their accusations.

A lot of "I don't thinks" in there, anyone you do find remotely scummy yet?

Not at that time there wasn't. There's a very strong push coming from both you and TDK on each other, it could be because one of you is scum, it could be that you're both town assuming that the other is scum because they are accusing you.

TDK is doing an awful lot of talking, but it's because you've put an awful lot of pressure on him over very little. Your case on him lacks clarity, and since your possible slip, it's like you've been trying to find someone to wagon.

Vote bristep

Prove me wrong champ.

• Paid Members
I didn't remove anything from that post so I didn't take anything off the context. Just in case this was your point I never accused you off trying to create another wagon, else I'm pure lost in your meaning.

Yes, you did remove something from the post. You didn't remove anything from my words, but you removed the fact that I quoted TDK. Specifically, you removed it and then you asked me what I meant by anti-wagonning. You quoted where I used it. However, you failed to give the context in that it was a direct response to the last sentence of the quote from TDK, where HE brought up the term.

I didn't remove anything from that post so I didn't take anything off the context.

You did though Swift. You only quoted his part of his post. You took out the Teedy Kay post he was responding to. By doing so, it looks like Chris brought up the term anti-wagon, when actually that was Teedy Kay's defense to claims that "he started the wagon".

Chris's response was more of a "It could be that yes, or it could be this instead". He wasn't accusing anyone of anti-wagoning nor did he bring up the term. By posting his words alone, you changed the context of them.

Archived