Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

First of all, I am getting confused by the cases for peoples votes at this stage already, so can people please briefly sum up there case on their suspect and can the suspect briefly reply with their defence.

Right now, I suspect three people:

Teedy Kay: As has been mentioned before he has just acted quite scummy. As Chris B has pointed out, his FOS on Bristep would be excellent scum play if Bristep is lynched. He supports the case by saying that Swift "hit the nail on the head" but doesn't vote, giving him deniability if Bristep flips town. When questioned, he gets very defensive and backs off to the point that he is now trying to argue that he was trying to STOP a wagon from forming.

I'm interested to see what he's got on Bristep but, as it stands, his play just doesn't add up.

Swiftstrike: I'm really not convinced by his focus on who chose what numbers. As I've said before I do not believe a four man scum team would risk ending up powerless just to appear town. He's also appeared pretty evasive during his discussion with Chris B and his point about Chris' "interaction" with Lion was just bizarre.

SpotlightMagnet1: His posting style has been very different from the last game. As I said before This post seems very forced and unnatural. This one reminds me of something I would have written in the last game. It gives the illusion of looking like he suspects TDK but doesn't actually push anything. Here he seems very defensive, and quick to point out that he wasn't entirely agreeing with TDK.

Edit after Preview.

Okay dokey, firstly I was wrong, sorry, but your arguement seemed to be Teedy should be aiming this allegation at you and I wanted to clear the air, I wasn't thinking of you, just Adam619. Secondly, I thought maybe Bristep posted it up and maybe talked to fellow scum or just had a thought of 'oh crap, I did the wrong thing here'.

My argument was that if TDK wants to stop people winning the game by lurking he should've been going after someone who hasn't posted much either in this game or the last one, not Bristep. Since Adam619 isn't playing this one and I was the next least active scum poster, I think I would be the obvious choice to look at.

One other thing though. You didn't believe that Bristep could check out the sign up thread and post a correction in under a minute but you DID think he could talk to a fellow scum member and then post his correction, in the same amount of time?

I was thinking of Adam619 because after the last game was over and the wolfpac put up a link to there other forum, he was bragging about it. I wasn't thinking of you because 1. I don't recall you bragging about it. and 2. You have posted as much as others in this game. Probably more than me. You may have been the next inactive player, but I don't remember it that way and I haven't checked it out.

Yes, Bristep could've check out the sign up thread and posted a correction, but on the other hand he could be talking to a fellow scum via messenger if they are friends or some other instant manner, and posted a correction. It may not be likely but it was possible.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe Bristep is desperate after the slip, whether he be Town or not, he wants to survive, by making an example of myself. Poor play indeed.

Tom however, I think he's the one doing damage and attempting to drive this through without coming across as overbearing with it, hell Bristep is doing that for him, which I honestly think puts Bristep closer to being Town. Tom is after this lynch, he's ignored many things about the game (the numbers) yet jumped to say he hadn't. For me out my attackers I believe he's the scummiest of the group.

VOTE: tom

And THAT'S why I didn't vote Bristep from the off.

Ah yes, having 1 vote on me made me so desperate that I latched onto the first person I could and came up with something off the top of my head. *golf clap*. Except for the part where none of that is true.

Here's the thing, he keeps calling it a slip which infers that he thinks I'm scum (because if I'm town, and I am, then it wasn't a slip). Yet in the same post says I'm more likely to be town with Tom being the scum pushing the lynch.

And lets not resort to indirect insults TDK. "Poor play", "idiocy". If you're not scum then that's just shitty behaviour on your part.

LA until tomorrow AM, I have training tonight.

Yes, Bristep could've check out the sign up thread and posted a correction, but on the other hand he could be talking to a fellow scum via messenger if they are friends or some other instant manner, and posted a correction. It may not be likely but it was possible.

Talking about the game anywhere other than the game thread or any quicktopic threads you've been given access to by the mod is against the rules and will get you thrown out of the game. So no, there's no way I could be doing that. It's not even in the realms of possibility, even if I was scum and had the ability to, I'm not going to break the rules.

• Paid Members
(1) Chris B and bristep both fingered you out before I even posted about you, and bristep even voted for you so how could I have instigated the initial lynch push?

(2) You chose not to vote bristep before I'd even posted about you, yet you claim you didn't vote for bristep BECAUSE of me. Do you have a time machine or just hoping people won't look back at the thread or remember?

(3) I have not ignored the numbers, I simply questioned the relevance which was then explained to me

(4) I didn't jump to say I'd not ignored the numbers, you actually questioned me on the numbers issue and tried to belittle me and discredit me and I simply answered that, it's not like I randomly brought it up

(5) Nice OMGUS from you there

(1) Never said that, I said you are pushing it through now, see the difference?

(2) Never said that either, it was case in point as to my original standpoint of Bristep, by WAITING and being PATIENT more scum may rise to the surface, you have risen.

(3) Even though the relevance was already posted, that's what you ignored

(4) Fair one, see my addition to this here post and you EBWOPs

(5) OMGUS, Christ, in it's application it's OMGUS straight back, but enough of that. I only techniaclly OMGUS'ed Bri, and didn't vote in that direction, so you bringing it up is irrelevant.

EBWOP 1 : Both accusing, I believe Bristep is moving through desperation after that slip, I believe you are moving in on a potential kill. MAJOR difference

EBWOP 2: No, but a switched on Vanilla Town (is that even right?) would easily know I am what I claim

A claim folks, that has gone completely unnoticed.

Back to (4)

Quite simply, cage = rattled

• Paid Members
(1) Chris B and bristep both fingered you out before I even posted about you, and bristep even voted for you so how could I have instigated the initial lynch push?

(2) You chose not to vote bristep before I'd even posted about you, yet you claim you didn't vote for bristep BECAUSE of me. Do you have a time machine or just hoping people won't look back at the thread or remember?

(3) I have not ignored the numbers, I simply questioned the relevance which was then explained to me

(4) I didn't jump to say I'd not ignored the numbers, you actually questioned me on the numbers issue and tried to belittle me and discredit me and I simply answered that, it's not like I randomly brought it up

(5) Nice OMGUS from you there

(1) Never said that, I said you are pushing it through now, see the difference?

(2) Never said that either, it was case in point as to my original standpoint of Bristep, by WAITING and being PATIENT more scum may rise to the surface, you have risen.

(3) Even though the relevance was already posted, that's what you ignored

(4) Fair one, see my addition to this here post and you EBWOPs

(5) OMGUS, Christ, in it's application it's OMGUS straight back, but enough of that. I only techniaclly OMGUS'ed Bri, and didn't vote in that direction, so you bringing it up is irrelevant.

EBWOP 1 : Both accusing, I believe Bristep is moving through desperation after that slip, I believe you are moving in on a potential kill. MAJOR difference

EBWOP 2: No, but a switched on Vanilla Town (is that even right?) would easily know I am what I claim

Back to (4)

Quite simply, cage = rattled

1 - You said :

For me out my attackers I believe he's the scummiest of the group.

VOTE: tom

And THAT'S why I didn't vote Bristep from the off.

2 - So it was a big elaborate plan all along?

3 - I said I must have missed it first time around re: the relevance; I skimmed through some posts because there seemed to be a case growing on bristep so I focused on that and the whole not realising scum could alter numbers thing

5 - I voted you, you come back and accuse me of being scum and vote me. Seems relevant to me

E1 - A vote is an accusation of being scum I'd generally say, so sure he's accusing you of being scum if you ignore any possible motives

E2 - OK, I'll give you a chance here, why would a vanilla town know for sure you are what you claim?

And the claim didn't go un-noticed, I even commented on your claim :

Seems convenient that he claims vanilla townie as the pressure grows on him

No it didn't, I just wanted to see if you would keep pushing that you could be verified by a Vanilla townie

Right then, due to me witless nature I'm getting this out the way now.

I truly can not be arsed with this game when it comes down to the breaking up and reading of one sentence as a possibility of a lynch, even though I have quite clearly explained the meaning of that sentence, and where I am with gameplay.

I am Vanilla Townie, I opted to aim high and go for Odd Night Vigilante, just on the off chance, so someone above me has that role for future reference.

and to think the reason I'm being off'd is because I didn't Vote, it was one of two things that I as Vanilla Townie had going for me

I added the bolded parts myself there for clarification.

You chucked that in to use it as a softclaim to the role PM of a vanilla townie.

Great play, except in post 1 of the thread.

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

X, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have your wits and your vote.

Yeah, oops. Swift tried a similar tactic in the game he and I were the scum team in to help get TripleA lynched.

• Paid Members

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

Yeah, oops. Swift tried a similar tactic in the game he and I were the scum team in to help get TripleA lynched.

Except as a Vanilla Townie, my PM has it's differences to that one. And any other Vanilla Townie would back me up on that!

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

Except as a Vanilla Townie, my PM has it's differences to that one. And any other Vanilla Townie would back me up on that!

Well, part of that statement I beleive to be true.

• Paid Members

After a day out down the coast, I get back and have to scan through about 7 pages here. Crumbs. Apologies if I'm a little behind, I'm scanning back through the thread and putting my thoughts out as I go.

Seph, that's the terminology used in these games - if you look in a lot of people's posts you'll see they use "we." I've not used "them" for the scum, but if you mean I mentioned "the scum" and then started referring to them as "they" in the rest of the post? Well, what else would you do? Referring to the town as "we" collectively isn't something you should get hung up on.

Definately. After all, you used the same terminology in the last game and turned out to be scum. That's not a dig by the way, just backing up your general point. It's possible Seph thought you came on a little strong or something hence why he brought it up though.

Right then, due to me witless nature I'm getting this out the way now.

I truly can not be arsed with this game when it comes down to the breaking up and reading of one sentence as a possibility of a lynch, even though I have quite clearly explained the meaning of that sentence, and where I am with gameplay.

I am Vanilla Townie, I opted to aim high and go for Odd Night Vigilante, just on the off chance, so someone above me has that role for future reference.

and to think the reason I'm being off'd is because I didn't Vote, it was one of two things that I as Vanilla Townie had going for me

You're being pretty defensive here, you didn't play like that at all in the previous game. Why can't you be bothered? People suspected me at the start but rather than complain about it I calmly explained why I was thinking what I was thinking. I don't think anything has been said about my initial posts since. Perhaps if you didn't go off on one right off the bat people wouldn't think you were behaving like a scummer. Don't air your dirty laundry in public and all that jazz. Chill baby.

You do raise a good point though about someone having the higher role over you, it makes perfect sense seeing as you were only 11th in the draft and it'd be very surprising if someone hadn't claimed that role already.

Is it also worth us trying to direct the odd night vigilante towards another suspect?

Sorry SMS, but this sounds like a role claim to me. Forgive my pedanticness, but why would you mention that specific vigilante roll? You could've said one of the rolls, but you chose that one specifically. I said in my post earlier in the game that I wasn't trying to rolefish you, and I stand by that, but in future I'd be careful about naming specific roles like that. Broaden it or something. But I may have totally misread this. Also, fair does for you lying low in the game, understandable after you've not really been given a fair crack of the whip from some people on here in previous games.

swiftstrike]I'm getting on to chris and bristep point but spotted this. It is more likely of the two lion is scum after all he may be trying to distance to avoid looking like a scum team when there isn't one as another explaination for lion's alledged RVS post. If Lion is scum it is likely but not certain that Chris is. the other way around is less likely but seeing as by now watching the interaction we change it, it is just something to bare in mind

Why so quick to jump on Lion? Others haven't posted much but you haven't had a pop at them. Just because Lion hasn't posted doesn't mean he's scum. You were pretty jumpy at me earlier in the game as well. Hiding something?

*And breathes*

• Paid Members

SpotlightMagnet1: His posting style has been very different from the last game. As I said before This post seems very forced and unnatural. This one reminds me of something I would have written in the last game. It gives the illusion of looking like he suspects TDK but doesn't actually push anything. Here he seems very defensive, and quick to point out that he wasn't entirely agreeing with TDK.

Edit after Preview.

Okay dokey, firstly I was wrong, sorry, but your arguement seemed to be Teedy should be aiming this allegation at you and I wanted to clear the air, I wasn't thinking of you, just Adam619. Secondly, I thought maybe Bristep posted it up and maybe talked to fellow scum or just had a thought of 'oh crap, I did the wrong thing here'.

My argument was that if TDK wants to stop people winning the game by lurking he should've been going after someone who hasn't posted much either in this game or the last one, not Bristep. Since Adam619 isn't playing this one and I was the next least active scum poster, I think I would be the obvious choice to look at.

One other thing though. You didn't believe that Bristep could check out the sign up thread and post a correction in under a minute but you DID think he could talk to a fellow scum member and then post his correction, in the same amount of time?

I was thinking of Adam619 because after the last game was over and the wolfpac put up a link to there other forum, he was bragging about it. I wasn't thinking of you because 1. I don't recall you bragging about it. and 2. You have posted as much as others in this game. Probably more than me. You may have been the next inactive player, but I don't remember it that way and I haven't checked it out.

No worries, I wasn't really aiming that at you, just clarifying what I was saying to TDK. He's already explained what he meant by that original comment.

That's not my question though. You said you originally FOS'd Bristep because of the speed that he corrected himself. NOW you're saying you did it because he might've communicated with another scum member who told him to correct himself. That would surely take longer than a minute to do no?

You're argument is even more confusing when you consider that it's only Bristep's correction that is being questioned. Why would a fellow scum tell him to hurriedly correct a point that doesn't seem scummy at all?

Any comment on the fact that your posting style has been very different in this game than in the last, especially in your earlier posts?

I can't think how my posting style has been different, could you comment on them more? I was quite defensive (apparently, I can't see it myself) in the last game, and as for being forced, I can't see it myself, I was trying to be quick but I am naturally a slow person. It's not really an acceptable excuse but it's the only one I can think of.

And I did think maybe Bristep read the post, thought of a way to distract, posted his intentions on quicktopic and proceeded with the post after a time thinking no one was responsing, posted it then when back to quicktopic where a message saying 'no, this is wrong because...' and then hurried to correct it. Then realising that would've taken telepathy between Bristep and Swift, I thought maybe they had some messenger system set up, but that was obviously wrong. That was my train of thought but it's been disprovened rather effectively. Therefore my finger has been retracted.

Although, I did also say he might have had his own doubts about it and did a quick U-turn. So I can say I agree he didn't communicate with other scum, but it wasn't the only thought about Bristep's quick turnaround. It may still be a distraction tactic, but my finger is holstered.

• Paid Members
I'm getting on to chris and bristep point but spotted this. It is more likely of the two lion is scum after all he may be trying to distance to avoid looking like a scum team when there isn't one as another explaination for lion's alledged RVS post. If Lion is scum it is likely but not certain that Chris is. the other way around is less likely but seeing as by now watching the interaction we change it, it is just something to bare in mind

Why so quick to jump on Lion? Others haven't posted much but you haven't had a pop at them. Just because Lion hasn't posted doesn't mean he's scum. You were pretty jumpy at me earlier in the game as well. Hiding something?

*And breathes*

correcting your quote Nick, Why are you saying I have jumped on Lion when I have not a vote or FOS on him? Have you looked at why I have suggested Lion would be worth looking at? It certainly not because he hasn't posted a lot that is bye the bye. I wasn't jmupy at you earlier I questioned why you were rolefishing for SMS role. And if I was hiding something attracting the attentions of pretty much the entire town isn't really the way to do it is it?

Archived