Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

That's a Basic Vanilla Townie PM posted by Mike, TDK, yet you claim every Vanilla Townie has a PM different to that? So you are a Super Vanilla townie with special powers and there are no basic Vanilla townies in the game? I don't get why you are trying to draw out vanilla townies. Is it so you can work out which town guys have powers so you can get rid of them first and then simply wipe out the vanilla townies without any opposition?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a day out down the coast, I get back and have to scan through about 7 pages here. Crumbs. Apologies if I'm a little behind, I'm scanning back through the thread and putting my thoughts out as I go.

Seph, that's the terminology used in these games - if you look in a lot of people's posts you'll see they use "we." I've not used "them" for the scum, but if you mean I mentioned "the scum" and then started referring to them as "they" in the rest of the post? Well, what else would you do? Referring to the town as "we" collectively isn't something you should get hung up on.

Definately. After all, you used the same terminology in the last game and turned out to be scum. That's not a dig by the way, just backing up your general point. It's possible Seph thought you came on a little strong or something hence why he brought it up though.

Right then, due to me witless nature I'm getting this out the way now.

I truly can not be arsed with this game when it comes down to the breaking up and reading of one sentence as a possibility of a lynch, even though I have quite clearly explained the meaning of that sentence, and where I am with gameplay.

I am Vanilla Townie, I opted to aim high and go for Odd Night Vigilante, just on the off chance, so someone above me has that role for future reference.

and to think the reason I'm being off'd is because I didn't Vote, it was one of two things that I as Vanilla Townie had going for me

You're being pretty defensive here, you didn't play like that at all in the previous game. Why can't you be bothered? People suspected me at the start but rather than complain about it I calmly explained why I was thinking what I was thinking. I don't think anything has been said about my initial posts since. Perhaps if you didn't go off on one right off the bat people wouldn't think you were behaving like a scummer. Don't air your dirty laundry in public and all that jazz. Chill baby.

You do raise a good point though about someone having the higher role over you, it makes perfect sense seeing as you were only 11th in the draft and it'd be very surprising if someone hadn't claimed that role already.

Is it also worth us trying to direct the odd night vigilante towards another suspect?

Sorry SMS, but this sounds like a role claim to me. Forgive my pedanticness, but why would you mention that specific vigilante roll? You could've said one of the rolls, but you chose that one specifically. I said in my post earlier in the game that I wasn't trying to rolefish you, and I stand by that, but in future I'd be careful about naming specific roles like that. Broaden it or something. But I may have totally misread this. Also, fair does for you lying low in the game, understandable after you've not really been given a fair crack of the whip from some people on here in previous games.

swiftstrike]I'm getting on to chris and bristep point but spotted this. It is more likely of the two lion is scum after all he may be trying to distance to avoid looking like a scum team when there isn't one as another explaination for lion's alledged RVS post. If Lion is scum it is likely but not certain that Chris is. the other way around is less likely but seeing as by now watching the interaction we change it, it is just something to bare in mind

Why so quick to jump on Lion? Others haven't posted much but you haven't had a pop at them. Just because Lion hasn't posted doesn't mean he's scum. You were pretty jumpy at me earlier in the game as well. Hiding something?

*And breathes*

EBWOP (Forgot to add my comments!)

Stop trying to fish for my role! :angry:

It is night 1, so we have to use the odd night vigilante, not the even one.

You won't get any clue from me in regards to my role so just stop it or next time I will place a vote on you.

FOS: El Nicko Loco

• Paid Members

When I post in games I cause no trouble at all, yet when I don't post a lot of conversation seems to go on about me. I should probably post less :laugh:

Having waded through all the arguments that have gone on since I last posted can I say whoever thinks that Chris and I got together to pick the same numbers in the draft, and that that is a scum tell wants their bumps feeling. The only thing that Chris and I got from picking the same numbers, which was a fluke by the way, was that we got to pick last and next to last. Hardly a massive advantage is it? If we were scum plotting together we surely would have chosen different numbers so we would not be left to the mercy of the random vote.

As for why I picked Chris for the "Random" vote at the beginning, truth is I didn't, I actually picked at random and Chris came out, when I say I do a random vote I really do.

If people want to look at me as someone to vote for, go right ahead. I should imagine most of you can guess my role from where I got to choose in the draft so it would be no loss to the town role wise if I was lynched. Also I obviously know what role I tried to choose so I know for definate it is in the game

• Paid Members
I should imagine most of you can guess my role from where I got to choose in the draft so it would be no loss to the town role wise if I was lynched. Also I obviously know what role I tried to choose so I know for definate it is in the game

I take this to mean that you are claiming to be vanilla townie? I'm not accusing you of anything whatsoever, just I want to be clear on what it is you are suggesting.

• Paid Members
That's a Basic Vanilla Townie PM posted by Mike, TDK, yet you claim every Vanilla Townie has a PM different to that? So you are a Super Vanilla townie with special powers and there are no basic Vanilla townies in the game? I don't get why you are trying to draw out vanilla townies. Is it so you can work out which town guys have powers so you can get rid of them first and then simply wipe out the vanilla townies without any opposition?

For someone V/LA you sure talking a lot, what's the matter, realise you can jump on me for something again and construct stories to get me lynched?

The Basic Vanilla Townie PM posted by Mike in this thread is incomplete. But only VT's would know that.

The whole point of this game tom, is that the majority have powers, in fact there may actually be less of a chance being Vanilla in this game.

And for someone so against me drawing out VT, you seem to be doing a good enough job yourself on Lion.

Hell Lion, seeing as you've claimed it, you can confirm there's a bulk missing from VT post by Mike at the start of this game!

• Paid Members
Having waded through all the arguments that have gone on since I last posted can I say whoever thinks that Chris and I got together to pick the same numbers in the draft, and that that is a scum tell wants their bumps feeling. The only thing that Chris and I got from picking the same numbers, which was a fluke by the way, was that we got to pick last and next to last. Hardly a massive advantage is it? If we were scum plotting together we surely would have chosen different numbers so we would not be left to the mercy of the random vote.

Well, there are five possibilities I guess, ranked in no particular order here:

(1) swiftstrike is town, and he's right, you picked the same numbers as part of a ploy then voted for Chris to create distance. Chris and Lion are scum.

(2) swiftstrike is scum alongside Lion. After noticing that Lion had picked the same numbers as Chris by pure fluke, they formulated a plan to make Chris look scummy, and to see if they could use this to test the waters lynch wise.

(3) Lion and Chris B picked the same numbers by chance (and are town), swiftstrike is town also and has FAR too much faith in his numbers theory, and is thus getting sidetracked by it.

(4) swiftstrike is scum, and is trying to make Lion and Chris look scummy.

(5) Lion is scum, Chris and swift are both town. By chance he picked the same numbers as Chris, and decided to lay low while the partially correct scum accusations ran their course.

But the sheer co-incidence of the numbers pick and "random" vote makes me favour possibilities one and two. It just seems unlikely to me that Lion's vote came by chance. It seems more likely to me that this was a calculated move one way or another, and I think I favour the idea that Lion and swiftstrike are scum together as the most probable situation.

• Paid Members

Two posts; yeah really a lot. one was from my phone, and the other one and this one are before I shoot off at 9. I'm not constructing stories; you claimed something which isn't true. Fuck it, you're probably going to get me vig killed tonight anyway so, the reason I know there's no more bulk in the Vanilla PM [apart from quoting the initial PM sent to Mike informing him of what role you want] is because I'm a Vanilla Townie. Getting this in before Lion can post because you and him could be both in on this, thus any post from him confirming more bulk is going to be a lie in order to save fellow scum.

• Paid Members
Two posts; yeah really a lot. one was from my phone, and the other one and this one are before I shoot off at 9. I'm not constructing stories; you claimed something which isn't true. Fuck it, you're probably going to get me vig killed tonight anyway so, the reason I know there's no more bulk in the Vanilla PM [apart from quoting the initial PM sent to Mike informing him of what role you want] is because I'm a Vanilla Townie. Getting this in before Lion can post because you and him could be both in on this, thus any post from him confirming more bulk is going to be a lie in order to save fellow scum.

FIRST Why in frick is everyone claiming under no pressure!!

SECOND If you believe that TMS was awaiting Lion to come and save him why not wait until Lion does and then nail two scum to the wall if that is what you thought was happening?

• Paid Members
I am indeed claiming VT. I don't know if I am allowed to say what power I picked though, or if the mod has forbidden that. I will now enter standard WIFOM mode and say that if you lynch me look at the people pushing me as scum

seriously you have 1 vote on you and have garnered a bit of early suspicion from myself and you are claiming that is a hell of any anti town thing to do.

• Paid Members

Good point; didn't think of that :(

I guess because I knew TDK would be all like "see, I'm innocent and tom thus MUST be scum"

Lion, what is your response to TDK's plea to discuss the supposed missing bulk from the PM?

• Paid Members
I am indeed claiming VT. I don't know if I am allowed to say what power I picked though, or if the mod has forbidden that.

There is no rule against that, Teedy did so in pique around 12:30 today.

Archived