Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i.e did it look like this.

SMS, you have role X, you can blah blah blah

Hi Mike, I would like to be role X please

It was what I said, but the quote box was underneath my role message, just like you posted here.

Thanks man.

Ok so that casts doubt on Teedy Kay's claim, since everyone had their PM quoted back to them. So, with that in mind I think we need to lynch the spot and give us a couple of days off to focus.

For the record, if I was scum planning on claiming Vanilla, I would have guessed that the Vanilla text would mention the role they didn't get.

I think that is so obvious that we shouldn't use that as a way to test if people are scum or not.

I wasn't too impressed by Lions posts during that situation though and there seems to be something about him that doesn't seem right with me.

Not worth an FOS, but I will be keeping an extra special lookout for his posts, as he just doesn't come across as town to me.

Hard to explain, especially with no evidence, just a feeling I get!

It was what I said, but the quote box was underneath my role message, just like you posted here.

Thanks man.

Ok so that casts doubt on Teedy Kay's claim, since everyone had their PM quoted back to them. So, with that in mind I think we need to lynch the spot and give us a couple of days off to focus.

Hold your horses there fella!

What if he is our doc, cop, or another important role?

Same with Family Guy.

Give them till tonight to see if they still want to play, but I don't want to rush in and take out a possible big role if we could get someone else to play it, e.g. Triple A or any previous game player.

If Mike can't get a replacement, they get modkilled, so shouldn't we be looking elsewhere?

Thanks man.

Hold your horses there fella!

What if he is our doc, cop, or another important role?

Same with Family Guy.

Give them till tonight to see if they still want to play, but I don't want to rush in and take out a possible big role if we could get someone else to play it, e.g. Triple A or any previous game player.

If Mike can't get a replacement, they get modkilled, so shouldn't we be looking elsewhere?

I don't want to lynch Family Guy, he's given me no indication that he's scum so far.

Teedy Kay was L-1 until someone picked up on his PM hints. That gave him a reprieve, until someone pointed out that everyone might have had the original quote sent back to them. We can't confirm that scum got the same so all we could do is confirm that the power roles got the same. He has claimed vanilla, so if he is a town power role then he really shouldn't have claimed vanilla so early on and with so few votes on him, and this whole scenario with dropping flavour text into his posts makes no sense if he's a town power role. The only way it works is if he is a) Vanilla town or b) Scum.

It does look like Lion tried to send him to the wolves by claiming no knowledge of the additional information, is he our better option (being the other person with a wagon building)? I'm open to discussion on this, I was and still am sure about Teedy Kay but this flavour thing does cast doubt on things. And, if I'm honest FG was right about his reaction to the game, it's very anti-scum behaviour and makes him more likely to be frustrated town.

EBWOP : Brownie is in, ok that removes the need to lynch to avoid a slot mod-kill.

UNVOTE

Welcome to the game chief, hopefully the fireworks have passed.

• Paid Members

Hi all, thanks for welcoming me after my little regeneration from Teedy.

Obviously, there is a lot to read through but Bristep has caught my eye with a couple of posts.

How sure can we be that this masons group can't recruit and that the leader is scum?

I count 15 power roles, so someone was probably given the mason leader role, but as we have the Neighborizor role in the game to allow people to communicate I just find it hard to believe the mason group is town.

The following was quoted in the opening game post by Mike.

All town have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are removed

All scum have the following win condition:

You win when you have eliminated the entire town, or nothing can prevent the same

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

X, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have your wits and your vote.

All threats to the town, not just scum, so I think the Masons are evil.

I don't like Swifts posts so far, plus he seems certain Masons are town, so I'm voting for Swifty.

Vote: Swiftstrike

From the sign up thread.

"This game is for 16 players and you KNOW that the game's scum team will consist of 4 Mafia, all other players will be town."

ALL OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE TOWN. Whether we have masons or not, we have it in writing that they will be town.

EBWOP : Ok, so mod has confirmed no masons. All this talk about evil masons, recruiting masons, I dunno, just seems like a bit of distraction.

FOS : SMS

SMS brings up a perfectly valid point that needed clarifying and you called it a distraction. If SMS hadn't raised it there and then, it could have become a larger issue later.

I thought the whole '48 hours to talk and change numbers' was fairly clear. I can understand he made a mistake but then when people started to question how quick he was to clear it up, I thought maybe it was a little speedy.

See, I've taken this exact same opinion of Bristep's Mistake/FuckUp.

So clear that you both just got the hours mixed up.

You had 24 hours to discuss and change names

You had 48 hours to discuss and submit role requests

Yes so Teedy Kay and spotlight are scum, folks I'd like to see some of those FOS's on Kay turn into votes.

This is a weak argument, especially considering you were FOS'd because of the timescales. And I know that one of those you labeled isn't scum. If people are going to be labeled scum because they mis-read things, we'll all be lynched in 20 minutes. Very weak.

Hi all, thanks for welcoming me after my little regeneration from Teedy.

Obviously, there is a lot to read through but Bristep has caught my eye with a couple of posts.

How sure can we be that this masons group can't recruit and that the leader is scum?

I count 15 power roles, so someone was probably given the mason leader role, but as we have the Neighborizor role in the game to allow people to communicate I just find it hard to believe the mason group is town.

The following was quoted in the opening game post by Mike.

All town have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are removed

All scum have the following win condition:

You win when you have eliminated the entire town, or nothing can prevent the same

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

X, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have your wits and your vote.

All threats to the town, not just scum, so I think the Masons are evil.

I don't like Swifts posts so far, plus he seems certain Masons are town, so I'm voting for Swifty.

Vote: Swiftstrike

From the sign up thread.

"This game is for 16 players and you KNOW that the game's scum team will consist of 4 Mafia, all other players will be town."

ALL OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE TOWN. Whether we have masons or not, we have it in writing that they will be town.

EBWOP : Ok, so mod has confirmed no masons. All this talk about evil masons, recruiting masons, I dunno, just seems like a bit of distraction.

FOS : SMS

SMS brings up a perfectly valid point that needed clarifying and you called it a distraction. If SMS hadn't raised it there and then, it could have become a larger issue later.

I thought the whole '48 hours to talk and change numbers' was fairly clear. I can understand he made a mistake but then when people started to question how quick he was to clear it up, I thought maybe it was a little speedy.

See, I've taken this exact same opinion of Bristep's Mistake/FuckUp.

So clear that you both just got the hours mixed up.

You had 24 hours to discuss and change names

You had 48 hours to discuss and submit role requests

Yes so Teedy Kay and spotlight are scum, folks I'd like to see some of those FOS's on Kay turn into votes.

This is a weak argument, especially considering you were FOS'd because of the timescales. And I know that one of those you labeled isn't scum. If people are going to be labeled scum because they mis-read things, we'll all be lynched in 20 minutes. Very weak.

The mason thing was well worth pointing out. I thought that the talk about Evil masons and recruiting masons on top of it was potential distraction.

As regards the second point, I perhaps was being flippant, but the wagon wasn't simply based on that and I think even at this early stage you know that. I made several posts prior to that one regarding why I thought TDK was scummy, this was just a call for people to join the wagon.

• Paid Members
As regards the second point, I perhaps was being flippant, but the wagon wasn't simply based on that and I think even at this early stage you know that. I made several posts prior to that one regarding why I thought TDK was scummy, this was just a call for people to join the wagon.

You wanted me lynched 2 days into a 7 day long day phase? We all know that isn't pro town. What possible town benefit is there to lynching me within 48 hours of a game beginning?

You wanted me lynched 2 days into a 7 day long day phase? We all know that isn't pro town. What possible town benefit is there to lynching me within 48 hours of a game beginning?

Because I was sure you were scum. Lynching scum is pro-town.

• Paid Members

Lynching town is not, which is what you're encouraging.

Even if you were stonewall convinced I was a scummer, were you not interested in listening to everyone and having more discussion before the lynch?

Lynching town is not, which is what you're encouraging.

Even if you were stonewall convinced I was a scummer, were you not interested in listening to everyone and having more discussion before the lynch?

See now you say I was encouraging lynching town. I most defnitely was not doing that. I might have been wrong, and based on TDK's meltdown it looks like I was, but I was encouraging a lynch on scum because that's what I believed.

And yes, of course I wanted to hear everyone's opinion, I also wanted everyone to know mine, which was that he(you) should be lynched.

I may get headstrong when I think I'm right, but I don't think I get pigheaded. If someone gave me reason to think I'm wrong then I'll acknowledge it, if someone proves I'm wrong then I'll hold my hands up and admit it.

I'm not too proud to admit that I get things wrong sometimes, but I was scared off driving 2 scum wagons in the last game (Ron then Swift) because people weren't getting on board and I was in danger of turning opinion against me so can you blame me for sticking to my guns this time?

Archived