Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

How sure can we be that this masons group can't recruit and that the leader is scum?

I count 15 power roles, so someone was probably given the mason leader role, but as we have the Neighborizor role in the game to allow people to communicate I just find it hard to believe the mason group is town.

The following was quoted in the opening game post by Mike.

All town have the following win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are removed

All scum have the following win condition:

You win when you have eliminated the entire town, or nothing can prevent the same

Basic Vanilla Townie PM:

X, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have your wits and your vote.

All threats to the town, not just scum, so I think the Masons are evil.

I don't like Swifts posts so far, plus he seems certain Masons are town, so I'm voting for Swifty.

Vote: Swiftstrike

From the sign up thread.

"This game is for 16 players and you KNOW that the game's scum team will consist of 4 Mafia, all other players will be town."

ALL OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE TOWN. Whether we have masons or not, we have it in writing that they will be town.

EBWOP : Ok, so mod has confirmed no masons. All this talk about evil masons, recruiting masons, I dunno, just seems like a bit of distraction.

FOS : SMS

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Okay, two points:

A - Swift, what are your thoughts on my earlier post?

B - For the first time, we start a game with information. Anyone who chose a role that has been taken by someone else, and so is vanilla, knows that it's a role that is active in the game.

Now, I'm not sure what the best way to try and share that information is. One way would be for vanillas to identify themselves and explain what they went for and missed out on. Is anybody in favour of that idea? (NOTE - I'm not saying 'quick, out yourself'. I'm saying let's discuss it as a potential strategy).

Pros - it's not like the scum don't know who town are already.

Cons - Scum can pinpoint the power roles.

Pros - due to the number crunching, scum can probably do that already to an extent.

Cons - Scum can pretend to be vanilla in order to try and throw people off the right track.

So, I can see some advantages to this, for the first time in a game, since vanilla players have some information. What are your thoughts?

A - which one?

B- more useful later one for example at this moment knowing there is a cop in this game reveals nothing to us apart from the fact there is a cop in the game, and they could be either town or scum so no real useful info there. it becomes more useful later when we force scum to claim as then they are forced to take a position and possibly lie, after all I can't see anyone admitting to taking either the janitor or framer roles which are pure scum roles so if scum have taken them then claim something else which someone above them can say they can't be as I was denied it or someone above them saying I have that role it becomes useful.

So I get FOS for bringing up what I thought was a valid point that was left unedited by the mod?

I have a feeling already that you and Swifty could be working together, but will need to see how this develops, but I am not liking it at all!

I didn't say FOS because of bringing up the mason text, more the trying to push that the masons might be scum. But I'll take that as a twist of words from you to add to the initial FOS.

• Paid Members
A bit WIFOM, but if it was a scum idea, I reckon that Bristep is telling the truth - if it was a charade, he'd take more time over it. However, I don't think that Swift would jump in on trying to lynch a big player on a flimsy point like that if he was scum.

However, TDK laying seeds for a vote is interesting to me. There's the potential that's trying to build a case on the stronger players.

TDK - why was it too early for a vote if you thought Swift was onto something?

That stuck out to me as well. I certainly don't agree that Swift "hit the nail on the head" as TDK said. I mean, if Bristep was trying to push that scum players couldn't discuss their numbers then why would he immediately correct himself instead of waiting for someone else to do it? It would completely defeat the point of his original post.

why are masons who are town role a thing to worry about Ron? after all mason's wouldn't need be choosing the same numbers to throw us off the scent that they are mason now so number analysis is valid to find SCUM.

Fair point if you buy your plan. I'm not convinced. In my opinion there's a good chance people are going to pick similar numbers anyway, given the method of getting a decent role. Your plan seems like a bit of a lottery to me.

I agree with Ron here. I really don't buy the idea that the scum would deliberately choose the same numbers in order to throw us off the scent, it's also quite suspicious that Swift, who is quite high up the list, is essentially trying to put the focus on people lower down.

Swift - Considering that best case scenario would be lynching a Mafia Goon, do you really think number analysis is worth the high risk of lynching town?

• Paid Members
Not solely Finley but if you have a better way to lynch scum today that reduces the risk of lynching town, I'm all ears.

OK, I've told you I've doubted your plan, but maybe it's fairer to question it.

Exactly when do you think numbers become relevant? Are they relevant from the very beginning of the game?

• Paid Members

the numbers are relevant right from the start, but they merely are a guide, there are six players I'm keeping my eye on today based on there numbers two of them have already peaked my interest, and yet I wouldn't act on number solely and go with must lynch those two but it's just giving me an idea of who to look at a little more carefully.

• Paid Members
the numbers are relevant right from the start, but they merely are a guide, there are six players I'm keeping my eye on today based on there numbers two of them have already peaked my interest, and yet I wouldn't act on number solely and go with must lynch those two but it's just giving me an idea of who to look at a little more carefully.

Care to share it with the rest of the class?

• Paid Members

I FOS'ed Bristep because although I felt his little slip seemed a tad scummy, it wasn't enough for me to ever warrant a vote, instead, especially on Day One I want to get as much information from everyone before I consider voting.

What I don't really want is those that post sod all and in turn win the game get away with it this game.

• Paid Members
Hi everyone,

Looking forward to the game, my in game character is STING!!!!

Don't fucking think so like.

Vote TeedyKay

Language Timothy.

UNVOTE

VOTE Family Guy PMSL

I think I'm going to start this one by not trusting anybody and giving no one a free ride

As opposed to...

As opposed to going easy on people and taking the things they say simply on face value. I'm going to cast a sceptical eye on everything people say and try to play devils advocate a lot more this time. I'm hoping to be pro-active and get some serious scum hunting done by at least bringing up points for others to look at.

A few things are worrying me about TeedyKay

How do we think we should start to play this game as Town?

Seems a bit of an eager attempt to convince everyone that you're town really early on and push pressure onto other people. Is this a case of trying to position yourself as a game leader because you want to help town, or as a game leader so to avoid attention being brought on yourself so as to avoid an early exit for scum?

Bristep so it took you a minute to go and check the thread comeback here, that looks to me as if you didn't have to look you knew they could discuss it and was trying to push that of course you had no idea that the scum could discuss numbers

First non rvs vote

VOTE BRISTEP123

I think a nail may have been hit on the head here, not willing to vote yet, need to let the day progress just that touch more, however

FOS: Bristep

Like others have said, he's planting seeds for a vote but if the nail was hit on the head then why not vote. Seems like a case of, again, trying to distance himself from the scum by setting the seeds for a wagon but not jumping onto it just yet until others get onto it, so he can say "well I didn't rush into a vote"

Edit after preview : Hmm ok Teedy, but how can it be hitting a nail on the head but also not vote-worthy at the same time?

before the preview it was going to be a vote from me but you've managed to push it down to just a FOS TeedyKay for the time being; you still have attention from me for sure though

I FOS'ed Bristep because although I felt his little slip seemed a tad scummy, it wasn't enough for me to ever warrant a vote, instead, especially on Day One I want to get as much information from everyone before I consider voting.

What I don't really want is those that post sod all and in turn win the game get away with it this game.

"his little slip" is accusatory without actually doing so. If my posts were innocent then they aren't a slip, ergo by calling it a slip it infers guilt. Add the descriptor "seemed a tad scummy" and it looks like some cagey wordplay.

Archived