TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking fight, thats what I like to see from up-and-coming fighters - none of the lay and pray that we got in the first fight.

One of the hardest fights to score in quite some time, I had it going to a 3rd round personally. But Len has gotta be guaranteed a wild card spot, great heart despite taking some big shots.

Agreed about JDS aswell, seems the nicest guy you could meet.

What a fight, they put everyone on the line there, I was expecting a third round there, bit harsh a 20-18, 20-19 maybe. They really have left the fans wanting more this year.

Erm, 20-19 is impossible mate. :p

It's unlikely, but not impossible. You could have a 10-10 first round and then a 10-9. Technically you could even have two 10-10 rounds, with one guy deducted a point for a foul.

No, you couldn't.

The winner of a round will be awarded 10 points, and the loser 9 points or less.

It's unlikely, but not impossible. You could have a 10-10 first round and then a 10-9. Technically you could even have two 10-10 rounds, with one guy deducted a point for a foul.

No, you couldn't.

The winner of a round will be awarded 10 points, and the loser 9 points or less.

Unless they count the round as a draw, which is a 10-10.

• Paid Members

really good fight this week...i always try and imagine how those fights would look if they took place in front of 10,000 people because watching fights in the TUF setting is a lot different, and im inclined to think the crowd would have been going nuts for this fight. The first round is as hard a round to call as you can get, sometimes a round is close when not a lot happens, but in this round both guys were dropped with left hooks and both guys had a solid submission attempt. The second round was close as well, might have swayed towards Ryan because i thought he was landing the better shots...but i think in a situation like that where a fights so close, it has to goto a 3rd round.

Len will no doubt be in with a shot of coming back in, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dana gives him a finale spot based on that performance. Thought it was pretty classy of Dana to give Len his props after losing, and everyone knows Dana rewards guys who put it all on the line.

Best episode yet, it's a shame the fights are going long because i think everyone likes seeings more stuff in the house, but it's just the way it goes :(

and to echo Piddlepants' comments, Junior Dos Santos just seems like the nicest guy in the world. The Black House guys are awesome.

No, you couldn't.

Unless they count the round as a draw, which is a 10-10.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. But really 10-10 rounds shouldn't even be in the rulebook due to almost never being used, I can't even recall the last time I saw a 10-10 round. Its a stupid rule in a flawed scoring system really.

Two guys are never going to do exactly the same things as each other move for move, exactly the same punch/takedown statistics - so there is always a winner to every round.

• Paid Members

To be fair, in the very fight we're talking about, the President of the UFC, a man who's never sat on a fence in his life, said he thought the first round was a draw.

If judges actually used 10-10 more often (as well as 10-8), we'd have less ridiculous situations where judges wind up giving the overall score to one guy while readily admitting they think the other guy won the fight.

To be fair, in the very fight we're talking about, the President of the UFC, a man who's never sat on a fence in his life, said he thought the first round was a draw.

If judges actually used 10-10 more often (as well as 10-8), we'd have less ridiculous situations where judges wind up giving the overall score to one guy while readily admitting they think the other guy won the fight.

Very true. I agree it should be used more often, but at the moment its a wasted rule with no judge daring to score it like that sadly.

If all Brazilians were like JDS and Big Nog I would go and live there, it'd be the happiest place on earth

Dont forget Wandy. He seems like a bundle of joy when he's not stomping on your head.

Just remember never to accept a drink from Macheda that resembles apple juice.

• Paid Members

Good episode. I had Ryan winning, a draw in the first round but better shots landed (especially the flurry at the end) & a takedown, of sorts. Brock looked a little pissed off in the direct to camera interview when talking about how he wouldn't be there for the fight. Obviously not the 1st coach to miss one of his teams bouts but the line about 'my personal life comes first & everybody knows that' seemed like a dig, or am I reading too much into it?

Archived