TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

Sadly who ever is recording the show is avoiding this thread untill they watch the show and then it will be too late.

Good show, no Ramsey this week which is a shame as he was the star of last week and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him, All of Lesnar's team seem like dicks except for poor Chris Cope, he seems like such a nice guy and it's a shame he's getting all this stick from his team.

Pretty nasty broken finger too, wonder what will happen now.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lesnar needs to go back and rewatch his first figth with Mir as an example of a guy giving up before he tried to get out...

Lew Polley is getting a lot of media cause of TUF, he's bad mouthing Dos Santos on some video blog this week too, saying that behind the scenes Dos Santos sulked all the time.

and yeh, gotta feel sorry for Chris Cope, i put the whole 'watching' thing down to him being obervant and tryint to learn, it aint like hes doing it on the sneak or anything. Felt bad for him in the house when that guy kicked off him in the room, Cope playfully accused him and he got bombarded.

Clay won an ok fight, that finger was f'n horrid though...the Brit is going to regret that fight for the rest of his life, after all the talk, he fought scared and he looked like he didnt wanna be in there :(

quote from Dana about TUF 13:

"Trust me when I tell you

and yeah, gotta feel sorry for Chris Cope, i put the whole 'watching' thing down to him being observant and trying to learn, it ain't like hes doing it on the sneak or anything. Felt bad for him in the house when that guy kicked off him in the room, Cope playfully accused him and he got bombarded.

Totally. I mean they accuse him of the watching them stuff which is then backed up by a convenient camera shot of Cope doing a creepy stare, the editing is helping in the negative portrayal of a guy that's so far not been shown to have done anything wrong, with that in mind wheres all the footage of him spilling the beans to the other team,if there was any footage I'm sure it would have been shown. So as it stands, he really looks like a guy that won his fight as the big underdog going in and trained with his eyes and ears open as a good student and then been treated like shit by every fighter on the show for no reason. Unless he's revealed to have deserved this shit later, I really hope he goes on to win the whole thing as the underdog outsider.

and yeah, gotta feel sorry for Chris Cope, i put the whole 'watching' thing down to him being observant and trying to learn, it ain't like hes doing it on the sneak or anything. Felt bad for him in the house when that guy kicked off him in the room, Cope playfully accused him and he got bombarded.

Totally. I mean they accuse him of the watching them stuff which is then backed up by a convenient camera shot of Cope doing a creepy stare, the editing is helping in the negative portrayal of a guy that's so far not been shown to have done anything wrong, with that in mind wheres all the footage of him spilling the beans to the other team,if there was any footage I'm sure it would have been shown. So as it stands, he really looks like a guy that won his fight as the big underdog going in and trained with his eyes and ears open as a good student and then been treated like shit by every fighter on the show for no reason. Unless he's revealed to have deserved this shit later, I really hope he goes on to win the whole thing as the underdog outsider.

I think Cope's innocence was pretty much confirmed by the scouser when he said he wrote what he wrote in the sand for a laugh because Chris is always listening to Leam Dos Santos talk with each other, pretty much means he hasn't been plabbing to their team at all. He's not being portrayed negatively at all in my opinion except for that that one creepy stare which you already mentioned.

If I was on the show i'd be doing exactly the same thing as Cope. Taking everything in and trying to learn as much as I could. While also trying to figure out every other fighters techniques and gameplans incase I had to fight them at some point. I wouldn't be telling the other team anything, but i'd sure be watching everything that was going on.

Shit, when did espn start showing it? After first two weeks going by without a carrier I'd given up on it being on tv

You just missed it then because they started showing it on the Thursday after the second ep aired in America.

Cheers, will find it on sky and watch from here

• Paid Members
Lew Polley is getting a lot of media cause of TUF, he's bad mouthing Dos Santos on some video blog this week too, saying that behind the scenes Dos Santos sulked all the time.

That Lew Polley's coming off as a right knobhead to me. Whether Dos Santos sulked or not he's gotta realize its Team Dos Santos not Team Polley. He seems like he's trying to make the whole show about himself. Why was he giving out boxing advice? He's meant to be the wrestling coach isn't he? :laugh:

Not one other person involved with the show has had a bad word to say about JDS. Even Brock and Team Lesnar haven't said anything negative. I think Polley's just out for his 15 minutes myself.

He's not being portrayed negatively at all in my opinion except for that that one creepy stare which you already mentioned.

Yeah sorry I meant more by his team mates than by the editing, my fault for not being more clear. You know there's probably only 2 or 3 guys who have it in for him but the rest are being coloured by that, playing pranks on him or biting his head off. This week he wasn't really featured.

Episode 6 was quality, 2 good fights, Polley getting shown his arse and good wild card picks.

For the picks there was only really 4 losers that put their heart into their fights, 2 of them have got a second chance. I don't feel bad for Len not being picked cause he seems an unsympathetic character, he's gonna confront Brock next week, hope he gets short shrift. Bad luck for Randy Couture Jr/Justin cause he was doing well till that KO that loses him a well deserved second crack. His 90 days should be up by the Finale I hope.

I did like Tony Ferguson going over, he acts like a star and fights well without being a cock, I can totally see him getting better and getting his shot in the UFC whether he wins this or not.

This was probably the best episode of the series so far.

• Paid Members
He's not being portrayed negatively at all in my opinion except for that that one creepy stare which you already mentioned.

Yeah sorry I meant more by his team mates than by the editing, my fault for not being more clear. You know there's probably only 2 or 3 guys who have it in for him but the rest are being coloured by that, playing pranks on him or biting his head off. This week he wasn't really featured.

Episode 6 was quality, 2 good fights, Polley getting shown his arse and good wild card picks.

For the picks there was only really 4 losers that put their heart into their fights, 2 of them have got a second chance. I don't feel bad for Len not being picked cause he seems an unsympathetic character, he's gonna confront Brock next week, hope he gets short shrift. Bad luck for Randy Couture Jr/Justin cause he was doing well till that KO that loses him a well deserved second crack. His 90 days should be up by the Finale I hope.

I did like Tony Ferguson going over, he acts like a star and fights well without being a cock, I can totally see him getting better and getting his shot in the UFC whether he wins this or not.

Agreed, great episode. 2 good fights. Coach challenge next week (must surely favour Brock) and it wasn't very clear but was Dana wearing a Tank Abbott tee at the end?

Agreed, great episode. 2 good fights. Coach challenge next week (must surely favour Brock) and it wasn't very clear but was Dana wearing a Tank Abbott tee at the end?

great episode good fights cant wait for len to get his next week

paused the episode and danas shirt looked like it had tyson on it

• Paid Members

great episode good fights cant wait for len to get his next week

paused the episode and danas shirt looked like it had tyson on it

Good man cheers for that, didnt have a rewatch but Tyson makes far more sense (I do want a Tank Abbott tshirt though :( )

Archived