TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness there hasn't been any talk from anyone else about Lesnar & Taker having heat with each other, even at its hottest point (the days after the staredown), no one came forward with any solid info on what was going on. So at this point we are just taking Lesnar's word for it.

Also Dana said he was paying Brock a shit ton of cash to Coach TUF, so I think Brock would have faced Mir or even Mr fucking Blobby if the price was right, so I doubt he'd say no to Mir.

On the ep just passed itself, it almost choreographed the outcome by portraying Cope as such a underdog going into the fight. I was rooting for him anyway. Still think TUF is one of the best edited shows around and it can portray people in any light to make it more entertaining for the viewer.

Anyway, yeah, as I've previously said, at the risk of hardcore_harry going, "Observer LOL," or whatever, I'm going to believe what was reported by Meltzer ahead of what Brock says in interviews, for the very reason I've stated; he's a complete worker who'll say whatever results in him making the most money.

That's the problem Supremo, regardless of whether you do it intentionally or not, you come into these MMA threads now just regurgitating whatever Meltzer has said recently in his audio shows, trying to come across as smarter than the average MMA fan, and basically just stinking up threads that usually consist of a core selection of forum members taking part in excellent discussion and recommending shows to each other.

Even if your opinion is 100% correct and all of us dumb MMA hardcores are wrong, do you not get the feeling that none of us really give a shit about the "facts" you bring to the table? We want to watch good fights, and discuss good fights. Personally, I don't really care how much money Lesnar makes, or how Joe Silva looks to pro wrestling for his booking inspiration.

As long as this season of TUF features some decent bouts then I'm happy. Some in-house needle and rivalry (which will happen at some point) just adds to the occasion. It's 40 minutes of MMA TV every week, so I'm happy.

In short, just lighten up man and enjoy the shows for what they are. Leave the analysing and note-taking to big Dave.

Now, if you're going to reply to this post with anything that's longer than a sentence or two, fire me a PM. This thread is drifting way off topic already.

• Paid Members

Thats complete bollocks though. EVERYONE in this thread is talking about how dull the show is and how the ratings are, etc, yourself included. It`s not like how you describe it at all. The only time you ever switch your stance to, "whoa man take a chill pill and turn your brian off," mode is when you get stuck for an answer on something. But yeah, whatever, PM me if you want, it`s clear I`m not gonna get any interesting counterpoints.

Plus, I`m now way more interested in how many others have bought into the Brock vs. Taker angle.

Thats complete bollocks though. EVERYONE in this thread is talking about how dull the show is and how the ratings are, etc, yourself included.

I've said that there's been one dull fight, and one good fight, which isn't bad at all. I've also said on more than one occasion that there's only been two episodes thus far.

The only time you ever switch your stance to, "whoa man take a chill pill and turn your brian off," mode is when you get stuck for an answer on something. But yeah, whatever, PM me if you want, it`s clear I`m not gonna get any interesting counterpoints.

Plus, I`m now way more interested in how many others have bought into the Brock vs. Taker angle.

Mate, no one wants to argue with you. Try to understand that. The reason you'll get no interesting counterpoints is because you've come to the wrong place for a big debate.

As I said, the MMA discussion on this forum tends to focus on the fights themselves, and people recommending shows & fights to each other.

I understand that you've come here armed with shitloads of facts & figures, and that's cool, but I don't think you'll find anyone here who can be arsed going down that road.

• Paid Members

Again, utter bollocks. In this very thread YOU`VE brought up ratings, YOU`VE brought up whether Lesnar coaching has less marketability than Lesnar fighting, YOU`VE brought up whether Lesnar would`ve likely wanted to fight Mir and YOU`VE gladly engaged me in discussion until you got stuck. To then go "nobody wants to discuss things with you, it`s not about ratings or whatever, all that matters is th fights," is completely backwards and goes against everything you`ve typed in this thread.

And as a bonus, none of these facts were written in The Observer.

I knew it was fake from the way WWE always starts the WrestleMania storylines in interviews with MMA websites and from the way Undertaker turned up to watch a UFC event in his leather coat and old west hat. I knew he was dressed like that because they were planning on using the footage in hype videos this spring.

I'm only joking. I didn't have much of an opinion on it either way until Big Dave told me it was fake, then I just waited for the new season of TUF to start so people would talk about Brock and I could rehash the info I got. It made me feel my subscription was worth it.

• Paid Members

I, for one, will never understand why people will come into discussions with facts and figures instead of just firing shit blindly. Makes for far better discussion.

• Paid Members

I thought this weeks episode was a good one and a step in the right direction. More stuff from the house and little bits of tension between Cope and his team. The fight itself was great too, although I think it could have down with the third round. Both gave it their all. I'm guessing if we get a wild card, Len is gonna be in the runnings.

Hopefully things will start to pick up a bit now.

Also, how much of a nice guy is JDS? Dude always seems to be smiling.

Cracking fight, thats what I like to see from up-and-coming fighters - none of the lay and pray that we got in the first fight.

One of the hardest fights to score in quite some time, I had it going to a 3rd round personally. But Len has gotta be guaranteed a wild card spot, great heart despite taking some big shots.

Agreed about JDS aswell, seems the nicest guy you could meet.

Cracking fight, thats what I like to see from up-and-coming fighters - none of the lay and pray that we got in the first fight.

One of the hardest fights to score in quite some time, I had it going to a 3rd round personally. But Len has gotta be guaranteed a wild card spot, great heart despite taking some big shots.

Agreed about JDS aswell, seems the nicest guy you could meet.

What a fight, they put everyone on the line there, I was expecting a third round there, bit harsh a 20-18, 20-19 maybe. They really have left the fans wanting more this year.

Archived