TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

• Paid Members

Loved this week's episode. The 2 fights were really good and you could hear the relief in Dana's voice "Fuck...holy shit..holy fuckin shit....great fuckin fight...FINALLY" :D

That upkick was nasty, like an axe kick off his back. Brutal. Ferguson looked good weathered some tough spots and came out on top.

The look on Lew Polley's face when Dos Santos binned him was worth tuning in for. Just seen this on the subject from Ramsey Njiem's TUF blog

Before the fights got started, we saw Junior dos Santos kick one of the assistant coaches, Lew Polley, off the team. Did you agree with that decision?

I was glad -- that was a long time coming. I didn't have too many personal run-ins with Lew but he's just kind of an arrogant jerk. He thinks his way is the best way and I also thought he didn't give us the best advice for fighting. Lew said something about how Junior didn't like him because he's not Brazilian but that's not true. Junior is one of the nicest guys ever. None of us are Brazilian and he treated all of us fine because we're not jerks. Lew got his 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Junior and Lew never really seemed to see eye to eye. Do you know how it came to be that Lew was on Junior's team?

I think they just needed a wrestling coach and Lew happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'm sure Lew told Junior that he'd be a good assistant. But I think Junior should have kicked him off the team sooner.

Good show this week. Hopefully this is where the show turns around and we get some more good fights in the coming weeks.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The look on Lew Polley's face when Dos Santos binned him was worth tuning in for. Just seen this on the subject from Ramsey Njiem's TUF blog

Before the fights got started, we saw Junior dos Santos kick one of the assistant coaches, Lew Polley, off the team. Did you agree with that decision?

I was glad -- that was a long time coming. I didn't have too many personal run-ins with Lew but he's just kind of an arrogant jerk. He thinks his way is the best way and I also thought he didn't give us the best advice for fighting. Lew said something about how Junior didn't like him because he's not Brazilian but that's not true. Junior is one of the nicest guys ever. None of us are Brazilian and he treated all of us fine because we're not jerks. Lew got his 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Junior and Lew never really seemed to see eye to eye. Do you know how it came to be that Lew was on Junior's team?

I think they just needed a wrestling coach and Lew happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'm sure Lew told Junior that he'd be a good assistant. But I think Junior should have kicked him off the team sooner.

Good to see it wasn't just the editing that made Lew a dick. :laugh:

I did like Tony Ferguson going over, he acts like a star and fights well without being a cock, I can totally see him getting better and getting his shot in the UFC whether he wins this or not.

I always cringe when people use pro wrestling terms when discussing real sports.

This was probably the best episode of the series so far.

Yeah, it was I think. The two fights were excellent.

I did like Tony Ferguson going over, he acts like a star and fights well without being a cock, I can totally see him getting better and getting his shot in the UFC whether he wins this or not.

I always cringe when people use pro wrestling terms when discussing real sports.

Sorry bro. Funny thing is I barely give wrestling the time of day (much more into MMA though I love Tough Enough) or discuss it much and I use those terms in real life. In future, as L. Skywalker once said, I'll be careful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just that I don't like it :/
Yeah but I actually agree with you in this context, it just slipped out. Its fun in real life though, none of my pals watch wrestling but they use the terms cause they pick them up from me. 'No sold' being the most popular. :)

• Paid Members

Do you think Brock's sort of babyface turn after jobbing to Cain has hurt this TUF season? It could've been booked better I think, and they're holding Dos Santos down too imo. He should be getting the title shot but they wanna push Brock still, I think Dana's got a hard on for big guys myself. I hope Dos Santos goes over against Brock, the younger guys need the push to the main event scene.

;)

Do you think Brock's sort of babyface turn after jobbing to Cain has hurt this TUF season? It could've been booked better I think, and they're holding Dos Santos down too imo. He should be getting the title shot but they wanna push Brock still, I think Dana's got a hard on for big guys myself. I hope Dos Santos goes over against Brock, the younger guys need the push to the main event scene.

;)

:laugh: Brilliant!

• Paid Members

two decent fights this week...i think Len should have come back based on his fight, but he blew it in the meeting. The way he acts i would have expected him to come in and demand to fight but he kind of cowered. There really is no excuse for it? surely these guys have seen these scenarios on the older series, they know the guys Dana likes. It's gotta be a simple case of these guys not really wanting to continue.

Randy Couture's Long Lost Son has surely earned himself a place in the finale though, he could take the wildcard so Dana's bound to reward him.

JDS is still the nicest man in the world.

• Paid Members

another episode down...

Len got pissed that he didnt have the wild card spot, i kind of felt for him at first because Dana told him straight 'we give it to the guys who want it' and ultimately it should be your performance in the cage that warrants that, so he should have been brought back. But still, all he had to do was show a little more willing when Dana asked him. Had to love him confronting Brock though then just kinda accepting what he had to say without much arguement.

The fight was ok, i don't really see what the fuss was over Javier Torres? he was one of the favourites going in but he didn't show much in either fight really, Chuck did a good job against a guy who basically fights to spoil.

The coaches challenge was funny shit, i liked it...Junior proved once again hes the nicest guy in the world by giving his winnings to the other team.

Good episode.

Archived