TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

This season has picked up after a slow start

I am going to hazard a guess the judges gave it to Cope based on him connecting with those short punches when Bailey was adjusting for the takedown up against the fence.

Honestly I thought neither really clearly won a round, I think sudden victory would have been fair. If Cope had let his hands go just a little bit more I think Cope would have been seen as the clear winner. Thats the first time Dos Santos has even shown the slightest sign of being pissed of.

Next week looks eventful.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume I'm the only one that scored it for Cope then?

Cope controlled the fight and kept it to where he wanted it. Bailey tried to take him down numerous times and failed. I can see why people thought Bailey could have won if they are judging it on 'aggression' (Although I don't think that constantly moving forward and trying for takedown should count as aggressiveness) But overall, Cope was throwing more punches, defended the takedowns, and had enough control of the fight (even reversing the clinch from the cage and breaking away) to get him the win. It certainly wasn't a robbery by any means.

Couldn't stand Shamar, so glad he got screwed (even though I thought he won it). 'Hating' someone or even pretending to hate someone for shouting 'WOO'? Embarrassing - I'm guessing he's not a Flair fan. :p

Having lived with a guy at uni for the last year who does exactly what Cope does, screaming WOOO all day and night (including at 4am when you have an exam at 9), I could sympathise with Shamar.

But agree with you on the not being able to stand him. was a weird call made by the judges but still kinda glad to see him lose.

Ramsey may be my favourite person in the house, hes fun to watch and gets the job done.

• Paid Members

You could tell Dana was well chuffed that Shamar lost too. That's usually the kinda decision he'd moan about but he looked over the moon to be announcing Cope as the winner. To be honest both guys looked like shit I thought, niether did much to impress so the decision could've gone either way.

Next weeks show looks really good.

It was a good episode. I was very pleased to see Ramsey win, he has looked the best guy in there and he could breeze through the rest of this.

As boring a fighter as Shamar seems to be, I was interested in seeing him match up against Ramsey, so i'm a little gutted that won't happen. But I did enjoy Cope picking up the win. Cope is a weird one, he doesn't seem to have much about him and even his own team and coaches seem to think he's shit, but he takes everything in and you can see during his fights he listens and does everything his coaches shout and it's won him two fights.

It was one of those weird fights to score. Shamar did nothing standing and was trying endless takedowns but couldn't get Cope down. Surely Cope should score points for stuffing every take down, landing more strikes and for having control of the fight. That being said, I was still expecting Shamar to get the decision. But when they announced Cope the winner I didn't think it was a screwjob, two close rounds that both went the same way.

Had to feel a little confused by Shamar's chat to Dana...Shamar spent the majority of the time trying to take Cope down so it didn't make a whole lot of sense :laugh: nice try though.

The Shamar/Dana talk afterward was one of them moments where I had to look away because it was so cringeworthy. Shamar was talking like he put on a takedown and striking masterclass and Dana's reaction to that was gold. Then Shamar tries to dig himself out and said something about hurting his back. Great stuff.

Forgot to mention this, it had me laughing. The guy spent most of the fight attempting takedowns and failing, then trys to convince Dana he was trying to show that he's not a one dimensional fighter and that he can bang :laugh:

Glad to see Cope pick up the win, I was worried they'd rob him. Sure he danced round the outside alot but he defended all the takedowns, wasn't manhandled and got loads of small punches in, whereas Shamar did fuck all. Shamar trying to bullshit Dana into thinking he was a well rounded fighter was funny stuff.

I also wonder if any wrestling fan has glimpsed the opening credits without watching the show and thought Cope was Chris Daniels. He looks nowt like him on the show but on the credits with the name 'Chris' next to him, he does.

Next weeks episode is called 'Then It Turned Ugly'. Looks appropriate.

• Paid Members

I sort of want Cope to go far now too, just to piss the rest of em off. Pretty unlikeable bunch for the most part for me this season and I usually root for the underdogs anyway.

Shamar was probably one of the favourites this season despite him being one dimensional, so Cope made a big statement with that win even if it wasn't a great fight. I'm sure the rest of the guys will take him a lot more seriously from here on in.

WOAH! What an episode!

2 good fights plus some entertaining in house stuff, can't ask for more than that.

Tony is now confirmed as the dick I presumed him to be, the whole incident reminded me of season 1 with Bobby & Leben. I still think the show is Tony's for the taking, but I doubt I'm alone in hoping Chuck destroys him.

Sucks for Zach aswell, always sucks when someone is forced to retire.

I felt really bad for Zach. He seems a decent fighter and a nice enough bloke. He showed some great heart in this fight and an excellent chin. He just kept eating bombs and getting more and more busted up because of it though.

Tony seemed ok then total 180 at the end. He may have been drunk but he came across as a psychopath. I think he will beat Chuck setting up a finale against Ramsey. Whatever happens he has painted a huge target on his back.

• Paid Members

wow, considering it's been a disappointing season this week's episode might go down as one of the best episodes ever. The season has been a slow burner, and the fact that it's gotten better as its gone along has been pretty cool...seeings as most people will usually remember what happened last when it's done it'll probably be regarded a decent season.

Chuck has gone from from zero to hero pretty quickly, he looked good this week and as Dana said he's not a guy who's great at one thing, he's just a grinder type that can tough it out and fight anywhere....reminds me of Matt Brown. The fact that they tied in Chuck with the Tony incident was brilliant stuff, "im gonna take his dreams away" that's movie shit right there.

Absolutely sucked for Zach too, to have your dream ripped away from you like that is terrible, but if your vision is in question there's nothing to do other than quit, you don't fuck with your peepers.

as for Tony, i've kind of been on the shelf all the way through with him, he's clearly talented in the cage but i think it's been confirmed that he's a f'n dick. He's tried to explain his actions already in an online blog, but as people on the show said, there's lines you just don't cross...

the Tony/Cope incident early in the season along with this proves that he's pretty much a dick, i can imagine there's a fair few people in his hometown or can atest to that.

Great stuff though, i can't wait for the semi-finals now :) I think we'll get a Ramsey/Tony final, i think the demonisation of Tony is already being put in place so we get a good vs. evil type thing in the finale, great stuff.

The fours guys I wanted to win in the quarter finals all won so I was happy with this weeks results. I had wanted to see a Ramsey vs. Tony final, but i'd be happy enough seeing Chuck smash Tony in the semis after how much of a dick Tony was being. To leave the house then come back and say the same shit was just stupid.

I think Ramsey will beat Cope with ease. Cope is a hard working grinder, but I just don't think he has the talent to go any further, at least he beat Shamar though. I expect a rematch between Cope and Shamar at the finale.

Ramsey vs. Tony final, with Ramsey winning by a second round sub, I hope!

Archived