TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

Glad every fight is airing in some fashion. I'm annoyed at myself too, I haven't really watched this TUF season, as in season 12 the entire season aired as a marathon before the finale, I planned to do the same here, but they've made different plans this time. :( Bring on a good free card of fights though :D I don't care who wins out of Pettis or Guida, as long as it's a good fight.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony was amazin to watch beat Chuck. He literally owned the centre and just picked him apart. I was also a little baffled as to why Chuck didnt try for any sort of takedowns?

Chris tried to do exactly the same as in his last fight but Ramsey was just too much for him.

Looking forward to the final. Anyone know what time the show starts uk time??

It's a nice little show tonight. I can't wait to see Guida vs. Pettis, it could be a great fight. I really hope it stays standing for the majority of the fight, it could be wild. I hope Guida takes it but I think it will be a Pettis decision. I'm really interested in Ramsey vs. Tony. I think this is a 50/50 fight, i'll be cheering on Ramsey. Also looking forward to seeing Herman, Kingsbury, Edwards and Stephens. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable night of fights.

• Paid Members

Few thoughts

Feguson's left hook KO was nasty. Loved the 2 prelims we got at the end. Jorgensen vs Stone was fun while it lasted and the KO from the guard was brutal. Roop looked fuckin excellent after a rough start, he's improved a ton from his time on TUF through the UFC and WEC.

Guida vs Pettis wasn't FOTYC but I still enjoyed the fight. It says a lot about Clay's takedown ability because Pettis has shown very good defensive wrestling his last couple of fights vs Ben Henderson and Shane Roller and he couldn't handle Clay's takedowns. Pettis was threatening off his back constantly and when he got Clay's back at the end I thought he was gonna pull a Silva/Sonnen.

People will probably criticize Guida's performance but realistically that was the only way he was gonna beat Pettis. He wasn't gonna knock him out and if he'd have opened up more on the ground he'd have most likely got caught in a submission, like he nearly did a few times.

I'd like to see Clay fight the winner of Miller/Henderson for the next shot at Edgar/Maynard.

Great comeback for Ed Herman too and I loved Kingsbury/Maldonado although I felt Maldonado won. Could've gone either way though.

Chris Cope's 'Wooooh' is getting old fast

Good show all in all

Guida vs Pettis was a good fight in my opinion. Pettis showed that he belongs, but still needs to improve. The guys only young too, so he has potential to be a top contender, and maybe even champion, one day

Jeremy Stephens vs Danny Downes was a good fight too. How did Downes not tap out!?

Guida done what he needed to do to win and I was very happy that he did. Pettis showed that he has the skills and just needs to work on them more but this will come with age. Guida stuck to his gameplan and got the result he deserved.

Would like to see him fight miller next as they both deserve a title shot IMO.

• Paid Members

avoiding reading here cause i dont want prelim spoilers...

Guida/Pettis was a case of Pettis not being able to stop the takedown, if that happens against Clay Guida you're fucked, simple as. Guida showed great submission defence though and always keeps moving so even when he isn't doing signicant damage from the top it appears like he is. Good performance by Guida, it was his only clear path to vitory and he nailed it. Pettis ain't harmed himself, he's blown a title shot but i don't think his stock falls, even threw another fancy cage kick!

Ramsey/Ferguson was gearing up to really good until the finish, Tony's dangerous on his feet. I think Ramsey got too complacent on the feet and paid the price. Tony looks the real dead to me.

Thought Tony would win, was interested in seeing what Ramsey could do but at one point he flung a kick and dropped his arms as if to say "how the hell am i gonna beat this guy?" and not long after he was seeing stars.

I'm gutted, I ended up going for for an underdog treble on Guida, Cope and Maldonado. I had Maldonado winning the fight 29-28, I was suprised all 3 judges gave it to Kingsbury. Then again maybe I was being biased, i'll probably rewatch it later as it was an interesting fight.

O'Neil looked horrible. He looked great during the second fight against Zach, then showed heart against Tony. But he looked like he didn't want to be in the cage with Cope, he has to be cut after that. Cope looked like he has improved, but I still don't rate him that much. It's good to see him get some success after they gave him shit on the show.

Guida looked good. I thought Pettis would avoid the takedowns better and win the fight standing, but it shows how good Guida is, great wrestling. I'm glad that Dana came out and said Miller is still ahead of Guida though, Miller surely deserves the next shot if he beats Henderson - and I think he will.

I had a feeling Ferguson would win but I stuck with Ramsey because I really really wanted him to win. I think Ferguson could be a real threat, great stand up and has a wrestling background as well.

The prelims were mostly good. Roop looked great. Stephens had Downes in a nasty Kimura, no idea how he didn't tap. Duran vs. Rivera was a good fight, I thought Rivera had it won a couple of times but Duran pulled it out.

Archived