TUF Season 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

David

despite the Brock factor TUF 13's debut show drew lower than the debut of season 12...im guessing the UFC were predicting something nearer the Kimbo Slice range, but the show drew just over half of what Kimbo's debut drew. The first episode ain't gonna help them numbers for next week :(

I doubt the Kimbo factor would have been so high if it was known beforehand that he was coaching rather than fighting. I think fans have an interest in seeing Lesnar fight, but I'm not sure about the attraction of seeing him coach. Especially against a guy with whom he has no beef or history.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think we should pay too much attention to the viewing figures.

TUF really hasn't ever drawn good numbers (aside from a few peeks and the Kimbo stuff) has it?

Even with shitty viewing figures, we always seem to get the next season without any hitches. I doubt the UFC are too concerned with the amount of money their pulling from elsewhere.

I can't see Spike dumping TUF at any point. They know the UFC is golden right now, would be foolish to drop it.

• Paid Members
despite the Brock factor TUF 13's debut show drew lower than the debut of season 12...im guessing the UFC were predicting something nearer the Kimbo Slice range, but the show drew just over half of what Kimbo's debut drew. The first episode ain't gonna help them numbers for next week :(

I doubt the Kimbo factor would have been so high if it was known beforehand that he was coaching rather than fighting. I think fans have an interest in seeing Lesnar fight, but I'm not sure about the attraction of seeing him coach. Especially against a guy with whom he has no beef or history.

Kimbo Slice could take a shit on national tv and it would get ratings.

and you're second point is why i'd have gone down the Brock/Mir III route.

I'm not sure if anyone knows the situation regarding UK coverage of this season as I'm avoiding the rest of the thread until I see the first show tonight, but I got this reply from Channel 5 after emailing them about it;

Dear David

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding UFC: The Ultimate Fighter.

Unfortunately, we do not currently hold the rights to Series 13 of this programme. Nevertheless, your interest in seeing it on one of our channels has been noted in the Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and will be seen by our Acquisitions Team.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

David

VIEWER ADVISOR

Please could you post that e-mail address? I want to ask for them to show more recent UFC PPV highlights (I'd like others to do the same if possible) which they don't do.

Kimbo Slice could take a shit on national tv and it would get ratings.

and you're second point is why i'd have gone down the Brock/Mir III route.

I believe they would have tried to put together Brock/Mir, had it not been for Cain's injury. However I'm not sure Brock would have done it against Mir, it seems his main motivation for doing the show was because he got promised a no1 contender's fight at the end of it.

I series of TUF with Brock Lesnar getting a average rating!

I honestly dont think if it would have been Mir and Lesnar it would have been such a dissapointment, TUF still has mileage left in it as im sure the rumored Sonnen vs Bisping season will be gold

This season could turn around but it looks like it will be at best just be ok a bit like the Forrest vs Ramage season or the Tito vs Chuck season, and just ok TV isnt up to TUF standard as it has provided some great TV over the years

The actual fight between the coaches still intriges me though be interesting to see how it draws as well

• Paid Members

Marshall Zelaznik about the TUF 13/UK TV situation

"Sorry all of you UK fans. We are trying to work out a good result for TUF - I am hoping this week we will have news. I wish I had a good excuse but sometimes these TV deals aren't as easy as they seem. All your complaints have been heard-this is priority number 1. Thanks for your patience."

Really it's all well and good to say this but they've had months to get a channel sorted. I suppose it doesn't really matter, we can watch it online but how hard can it be to get this sorted out months in advance? This doesn't seem to happen in other countries, yet the last couple of seasons we've been messed about with the show moving around different channels and shown weeks behind the US airing.

Why's TUF getting moved to different channels every season now anyway? In the US it's on Spike and has been from season 1, dunno why they can't just keep it on ESPN with the rest of the UFC programming to be honest.

• Paid Members

i know it sucks that this on tv, but it blows my mind that in 2011 so many people are moaning because they can't get to see it...if you have net access and you can't somehow find a way to watch TUF then you've probably been living in a cave.

a friend of mine came over yesterday and he's still not watched TUF because of the no-tv deal, ive told him to download it/stream it but it just goes over his head, it's insane.

I can't see why people expect Brock to be such a big draw for the Ultimate Fighter as anyone who was interested when he joined UFC would be have made their decision on the product by now and Brock is unlikely to draw wrestling fans anymore as its been 7 years since he left the company after a 2 year run. So expecting him to draw Kimbo numbers is unrealistic.

• Paid Members
i know it sucks that this on tv, but it blows my mind that in 2011 so many people are moaning because they can't get to see it...if you have net access and you can't somehow find a way to watch TUF then you've probably been living in a cave.

a friend of mine came over yesterday and he's still not watched TUF because of the no-tv deal, ive told him to download it/stream it but it just goes over his head, it's insane.

:laugh: i know what you mean and like I say it's not hard to find it online and watch. I just find it a bit odd how they can't get this sorted out when they've had months. I'm not moaning about not being able to watch or owt cos I've been streaming it, i'm not missing anything but obviously I'd rather watch it on my big TV than sat at my computer

Archived