How would you have done Wrestlemania?

Shit Poster

• Paid Members
Well firstly I wouldn't have Miz or Del Rio anywhere near the main events. I don't buy either as "main eventers" and as a result can only see one result in the match with Cena. Whether or not it happens, its a buzz killer for the main event.

They have got to stick Rock in the ring with Cena. That match is the only "wrestlemania" match that they have. HHH vs Taker has been done to death, the have done Cena vs Miz several times before, Del Rio and Edge just doesn't interest me... Why should I care? I don't buy Edge as a face and Del Rio is nowhere near charismatic enough to become champion imo. The only way Taker vs HHH will be anything but the same as before is if they have Michaels referee it

I however cannot pin point any matches worthy of main event other than rock vs cena. I suppose they could have had a Punk vs Taker match, drawing massive heat on Punk. Saying that I do like that Punk is going against Orton because he is probably the only person who might actually make me care about what Orton does.

I'd probably book this:

Rock vs Cena - World Title

Taker vs HHH (grudgingly- with HBK as referee)

Orton vs Punk - WWE Title

Danielson vs Ziggler - Midcard Title

Miz vs Morrison (who cose Miz the title in a match against Punk)

Diesel,Booker T and Big Show vs Corre (a bit of nostalgia I suppose)

Edge vs Mysterio vs Del Rio (surely they could have put this match together)

MITB - random guys who couldn't make the main cut)

You are defiantly entitled to your opinion and it is fine saying you don't see Miz or Del Rio as main eventer's. But Taker vs. Triple H done to death?

When exactly has this been done to death I can't remember the last time they squared off 1 vs. 1 so if you don't mind explain that one a little further.

Edge vs. Mysterio vs. Del Rio as well. I watch Raw and Smackdown. Del Rio is good and getting loads of heat. It is his destiny to win at Wrestlemaia I don't care for Edge as a face either he is just rubbish. But Mysterio? He should not be anywhere near a Main Event with his move set designed to set up 619 every move. He is fucking awful. Once Sin Cara comes in and takes him out we will have a guy in a mask we might actually be able to get into and believe.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meltzer said on todays Observer update that Diesel has been told he's getting back on board soon. They reckon he's teaming in a 8-Man tag with Big Show and a couple of others vs. The Corr.

I was saying the other day that's what I'd see as the most logical way to go. Diesel, Big Show, Santino and Kozlov vs The Corre. Depending on whether there's a Money in the Bank match. If there's not, then I'd stick Kofi and (I suppose) Kane in there instead of Santino and Kozlov.

HHH vs Taker has been done to death,

how has it been done to death? they have havent had a proper match against eachother for the better part of 10 years. I seem to remember they were supposed to have a match on RAW a couple of years ago, which turned out to be a no contest after only a few minutes to push storylines along

HHH vs Taker has been done to death,

how has it been done to death? they have havent had a proper match against eachother for the better part of 10 years. I seem to remember they were supposed to have a match on RAW a couple of years ago, which turned out to be a no contest after only a few minutes to push storylines along

Yep, to further Brock's permanent move to Smackdown wasnt it?

Since WM17, they have faced each other at Insurrextion 2002, KOTR 2002, the said match on Raw, and a one on one match on Smackdown in 2008.

Hardly done to death is it.

Taker and HHH has been done to the death. Sure it was some years ago but by the same token they had so many matches throughout the early 00s that I don't believe they can do anything new given HHH isn't half the wrestler he was in 2000-2001. Its like Austin vs Rock... It was last done in 2003 but I believe another Rock vs Austin would just be treading ground like it was 01 again. My point being, they are repeating matches that were fresh in 2000-2001. Unless HHH has turned into a Shawn Michaels in terms of psychology and overall abilities, I doubt it will be anything new... Hoping ill be wrong! I just believe that if you have to rehash something that wasn't all that great first time around (no I don't wear rose tinted glasses around their WM17 match) then something is wrong. WM17 was good but not special by any means.

Taker and HHH has been done to the death. Sure it was some years ago but by the same token they had so many matches throughout the early 00s that I don't believe they can do anything new given HHH isn't half the wrestler he was in 2000-2001. Its like Austin vs Rock... It was last done in 2003 but I believe another Rock vs Austin would just be treading ground like it was 01 again. My point being, they are repeating matches that were fresh in 2000-2001. Unless HHH has turned into a Shawn Michaels in terms of psychology and overall abilities, I doubt it will be anything new... Hoping ill be wrong! I just believe that if you have to rehash something that wasn't all that great first time around (no I don't wear rose tinted glasses around their WM17 match) then something is wrong. WM17 was good but not special by any means.

I don't see how Undertaker Vs Triple H has been done to death? They had two PPV matches over a year apart 9-10 years ago, a match on the UK PPV Insurrextion (also 9 years ago), and have had a few (2 or 3 tops) TV matches going back to 1997 (14 years ago). They have hardly even had any contact with eachother on TV since 2002. Besides, Taker had more matches with Shawn Michaels than he has with Triple H, and that didn't ruin their two awesome matches did it?

I dont even remember the other matches from after WM17, as I missed a fair few PPV's once I went to uni and didnt have SKY.

Even so, they've had a handful of matches at most, its hardly 'done to death' in the same way that Cena/Orton has been in the last couple of years

• Paid Members

Taker and HHH has been done to the death.

I wouldnt say done to death though, i mean Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, that was done to death. As in a fair few matches in a row, then still some more over that rest of that year.

Triple H and taker has been done about 5+ times in nearly 10 years, of which i can only remeber the last WM one, which was 10 years ago. Either way im looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I have enjoyed the build to Mania thus far.

Only changes i really would have done, is done all in my power to persuade The Rock to wrestle Cena at the event, and use John Morrison in the WWE Title match against The Miz

My card would have then ended up like this,

The Rock vs John Cena

WWE Title - The Miz

I just believe that if you have to rehash something that wasn't all that great first time around (no I don't wear rose tinted glasses around their WM17 match) then something is wrong. WM17 was good but not special by any means.

I loved their WM17 match at the time, despite having no interest in it going in. It was a total "can't think of anything else for these two, so let's have them fight each other" feud, but it delivered the goods on the night. I can't see it living up to Undertaker vs Michaels, but I'm happy enough to go along with the premise of the ultimate battle between the last two from a bygone era.

• Paid Members
I just believe that if you have to rehash something that wasn't all that great first time around (no I don't wear rose tinted glasses around their WM17 match) then something is wrong. WM17 was good but not special by any means.

I loved their WM17 match at the time, despite having no interest in it going in. It was a total "can't think of anything else for these two, so let's have them fight each other" feud, but it delivered the goods on the night. I can't see it living up to Undertaker vs Michaels, but I'm happy enough to go along with the premise of the ultimate battle between the last two from a bygone era.

Apart from that Crash mat stuff, the WM17 match was outstanding. I think they'll have a stormer.

I'm certainly tons more into this than I would have been into Wade/Taker, Kane/Taker, Sheamus/Trips, etc, etc. I'm sure the average guy who's paying for WrestleMania will feel the same.

WrestleMania X7 is absolutely fantastic. Everything is grand and over the top (in a good way). Especially love the commentary between Heyman and JR on this event. One of my favourite commentary double acts ever. I've got to say though that I do kind of feel a bit deflated with Trips/Taker at 'Mania this year. I really don't like to see matches done more than once at WrestleManias (HBK/Taker is the exception due the quality of both matches and the stipulation of the second match). Taker/Trips is good from X7 but a lot of that is down to brawling around the arena and the use of weapons in it. Ten years later in the PG era of wrestling, with both men not exactly at their physical peaks, I'm not so sure. However, on the night I'll go in with an open mind and probably enjoy it anyway.

Archived