How would you have done Wrestlemania?

Shit Poster

I'd have had Diesel win the Royal Rumble. Put the cat amongst the pigeons a bit.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but how great would it be if some "nobody" actually won the Rumble one year? Not that Diesel's a nobody but if someone other than the top 6 most likely winners won it, say Santino won it this year?

I remember a Lance Storm article saying that the problem with the Rumble is there is 24 guaranteed losers every year so its not that exciting since they put the Mania title shot on the line but I reckon they could easily have anyone win it and then either give them a mid card title match or have them lost the title shot before Mania

Great shout. Someone like Santino is over as fuck and if built up right, could be done fantastically. Not only that, it really would add an different element to Rumble matches for years to come as fans would believe that anyone could really win. Even though I'm a fan, Del Rio isn't proven yet, so having a Santino win wouldn't be so illogical in terms of drawing power for 'Mania.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually quite like the look of the potential line-up for Mania this year as it is, even better though if Rock vs. Cena is made official, but that seems to be a long shot.

I hope Money in the Bank is left off mania, but a big gimmick match does add a special something to the card. In the absence of the briefcase, perhaps a muti-man ladder match for the IC or US title so the match type remains but the MITB stip isnt diluted by having 3 cases being carried throughout the year?

Nah, it's a really bad idea.

The Rumble is a great tool for building someone up; why would you waste that on a nobody? And '24 guaranteed losers' doesn't matter at all if the story of the match is told well. It's great for advancing feuds or starting new ones.

It doesn't have to be a nobody like Tyler Reks. Just someone who you wouldn't necessarily think as a favourite to win. Someone like a Kofi Kingston, John Morrison or Santino. I just think for the long-term of the business it just adds that little bit of mystery for future events, so that fans wouldn't just think it'd be down to two or three guys that could win.

• Paid Members
It doesn't have to be a nobody like Tyler Reks. Just someone who you wouldn't necessarily think as a favourite to win. Someone like a Kofi Kingston, John Morrison or Santino. I just think for the long-term of the business it just adds that little bit of mystery for future events, so that fans wouldn't just think it'd be down to two or three guys that could win.

I'd say Alberto Del Rio fit in that catagory this year. He's new on the scene. Now more than ever are we more likely to see a new star winning big. Sheamus, Swagger, The Miz and Del Rio seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

I actually care about the Diva's match, I think they get a really hard time but people seem to forget there on the road just as much as the male wrestlers and work just as hard. I think they make the best of the time there given on TV and I can't seem to see what harm the Diva's are doing in WWE.

I'd of loved to have seen

Lita, Trish and Kelly Kelly v LayCool and Maryse or something or have Lita as the special guest referee.

I hope Awesome Kong makes her debut at WrestleMania as well

Having a surprise returning star winning the Rumble would be absolutely awesome though. Imagine if Mr Perfect had won the Rumble that year? Or if Diesel had won this year? It would reinforce the idea that anything can happen in WWE.

• Paid Members

The only "nobody" I can think of who would have warranted something like a Rumblus win would've been Goldberg in his early career - after all, his first victory was supposed to make him look like a shock, coming out of nowhere as a guy who was debuted as a jobber. I suppose Lesnar would've fit that mould too.

90 Min Ironman match. Kevin Nash vs HHH

Scott Hall and Larry Z are on commentary for this one. Scott busts out a "suck on that!" after every offensive move/sentence.

Leather sofas and choc ices at ringside. Parts Unknown, Meat, Mister Saint Laurant and Santana sitting on the sofas not saying much until Hall asks them about the address of his website which isnt up and running yet. After the match, WrestleMania is interupted because Scott Hall puts his DVD of Jerry Lee Lewis on the titantron as he gets more and more depressed.

There should also be a Meat MMA exhibition, where he wrenches the arms off everyone in FCW.

meat_1.jpg

I might be wrong but hasn't a nobody won the Rumble before. Yokozuna anyone? I loved it, but its universally mentioned as the worst Rumble and the worst Mania. Although I think thats more down to the roster at the time.

I would have loved Santinoto win this year though. THey would have had to turn the dial up on him by about a million, to gt him ready for Mania, but it could have worked.

I might be wrong but hasn't a nobody won the Rumble before. Yokozuna anyone? I loved it, but its universally mentioned as the worst Rumble and the worst Mania. Although I think thats more down to the roster at the time.

Yokozuna was in the middle of a monster push at the time and had the freak factor going for him so I wouldn't really call him a "nobody" and I'm pretty sure that the 1995 Rumble match is considered the worst where as I beieve 93 is remembered more for being boring and having a laughable finish which made Randy Savage look like a total mong.

Wrestlemania IX is the absolute pits though.

John Studd winning the 89 Rumble is possibaly the biggest head scratcher.

Well firstly I wouldn't have Miz or Del Rio anywhere near the main events. I don't buy either as "main eventers" and as a result can only see one result in the match with Cena. Whether or not it happens, its a buzz killer for the main event.

They have got to stick Rock in the ring with Cena. That match is the only "wrestlemania" match that they have. HHH vs Taker has been done to death, the have done Cena vs Miz several times before, Del Rio and Edge just doesn't interest me... Why should I care? I don't buy Edge as a face and Del Rio is nowhere near charismatic enough to become champion imo. The only way Taker vs HHH will be anything but the same as before is if they have Michaels referee it

I however cannot pin point any matches worthy of main event other than rock vs cena. I suppose they could have had a Punk vs Taker match, drawing massive heat on Punk. Saying that I do like that Punk is going against Orton because he is probably the only person who might actually make me care about what Orton does.

I'd probably book this:

Rock vs Cena - World Title

Taker vs HHH (grudgingly- with HBK as referee)

Orton vs Punk - WWE Title

Danielson vs Ziggler - Midcard Title

Miz vs Morrison (who cose Miz the title in a match against Punk)

Diesel,Booker T and Big Show vs Corre (a bit of nostalgia I suppose)

Edge vs Mysterio vs Del Rio (surely they could have put this match together)

MITB - random guys who couldn't make the main cut)

Archived