How would you have done Wrestlemania?

Shit Poster

• Paid Members

A lot of people on here are moaning/complaining that Wrestlemania is not going to be that good. It just doesn't feel main event enough etc so if you were in charge what would you have done differently. You have to take it from the time Miz Won MITB from that point on wards who would you have built up to Main event the big one.

You also are only allowed to use the wrestlers that are going to Wrestlemania or who are currently involved with WWE otherwise Sting will be in about 6 matches on the card.

I would have had The Miz win the title exactly the way he done it. Also retaining and the feuds he has had are great but I would have just teased Morrison all the way to the Rumble. Little bits of interaction here and there. Morrison could have finished second in the rumble and gone onto face The Mix at Wrestlemania. They would have had to build Morrison strongly through out the latter parts of last year. He did have some good showings but could have been made to look a lot stronger. Then Wrestlemania Miz as champion vs. Morrison as challenger who knows what way it could have gone.

Now on the Smackdown side they have slowly built Alberto Del Rio up and he has done wonders. I just am not feeling Edge. They could have taken someone like Randy Orton off Raw a swap with Punk maybe and had Alberto fulfil his destiny against Randy Orton at Wrestlemania. Randy could have been champion and Alberto still wins the rumble setting up Randy Orton Champion vs. Alberto Del Rio challenger.

Now Cena was booked pretty well last year and Nexus made Raw great through a lot of last year. They really fucked up though with jobbing Barret out and Cena being Retired/fired for a week or so. They could have had Cena off T.V for a month would probably not affect ratings. They could have had a bring back CeNation T-shirt made up and cleaned up money wise. I would have continued the feud. Have Cena Cost Wade at the Royal Rumble in the actual Royal Rumble. Then Wade could have issued a challenge for Wrestlemania with a stipulation along the lines of Cena is banned from all WWE events as a fan or wrestler if he loses if he wins Nexus is disbanded for ever.

Now what to do with Punk. Well they could have Wade making some calls or doing some backstage stuff where there is clearly someone else involved. This can come out at Wrestlemania as Punk is higher power type figure and helps Wade win giving him some much needed rub and setting up Punk vs. Cena for a while. Before Punk vs. Wade in a power struggle it would have been gold and would have probably taken till the following Rumble for it to all sort its self out.

Then you have Undertaker. Triple H should have come back night after the Rumble and smashed the shit out of Sheamus for a few weeks. Then when Undertaker came back he could have come out and done the whole I will get justice for Shawn you retired one of the greatest to ever walk in this ring. This is obviously a match on the card already probably with the same sort of theme to it but I just think they needed Triple H back a little bit sooner to take out our ginger king.

Undercard:

If you were going to make Dolph look like a completely hopeless twat then your just idiots. Should have shifted him to Raw and have a feud building with Daniel Bryan. They could have opened the Royal Rumble match and then double eliminated themselves leading into a match at Wrestlemania for I.C/United states title in maybe a submission match.

Drew McIntyre should have had a long run with I.C/United States title and they could have had Mysterio vs. McIntyre vs. Cody Rhodes. This would give them all something to do and probably would not have been a bad match. Would be a better match if Mysterio died half way through but that

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No CM Punk or Randy Orton though? Not together I mean but not at all?

I think Triple H vs Undertaker is one of the matches would like to have not been booked too.

The Miz vs Morrison is one I wanna see but I think perhaps Morrison should have cost The Miz the title somewhere instead so it's not on top of the card. The Miz just doesn't sound like a top top guy yet, and with Morrison there's not much name value there.

You aint got Shemus either. Don't blame you because they've done nothing with him but given how strong he looked, I reckon he could have had an outing at least and they should have booked something for him.

I'd maybe go Shemus vs Jerry Lawler (give him his run out) with Triple H to return on the day. All three kings etc. Trips vs Shemus at the following PPV.

I'd go CM Punk vs John Cena for the strap on Raw. Dunno what for Randy Orton if Miz is paired with Morrison though. Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton possibly, anything could have been written easily enough.

Fuck knows what for Undertaker though, maybe a dull affair with Big Show or Edge... really not too fussed about any of the Smackdown guys at the time of writing :/

Bryan, The Corre, Dolph, Cody and Kofi all to be on the card too along with Rey Rey, who, unfortunately, can't be excluded either.

If we've got from, say, last SummerSlam to plan it... And I'm making some changes for the sake of making changes, as I've already got three or four "just do it the same as it is now" in there.

Guest Host: THE ROCK

JOHN CENA vs WADE BARRETT

I'd have done the "Cena as Barrett's slave" story differently -- Cena would've become a member of Nexus via a team loss at Survivor Series, perhaps. He wouldn't have had a singles match. Cena would've been fired at the Rumble, and The Rock (in his mid-Feb Raw appearance) is one of the people who urges Barrett to bring him back to prove he can beat him one on one... And the first Cena vs Barrett singles match happens on the grandest stage. This would probably be the main event, and would see the likes of Slater and Otunga getting Rock Bottomed all over the shop.

WWE Champion THE MIZ vs RANDY ORTON

They wouldn't have had 4290567538904890098349085078954780890534985986537056785 matches between November and January. Miz would've been ducking Orton ever since winning the title, and Orton would've been sidetracked by Nexus until Elimination Chamber.

World Champion EDGE vs ALBERTO DEL RIO

Pretty much the same way it has gone.

UNDERTAKER vs KING SHEAMUS

"I ended Triple H's career, now I'm gonna end your streak!" I'd hold Triple H back until either after WrestleMania, or a surprise return at the show itself. Obviously, Sheamus wouldn't have been a lemon for the last few months.

US Champion DANIEL BRYAN vs CM PUNK

Seemed to be heading this way before Punk got injured. As I'm keeping Barrett in charge of Nexus, I'd just keep Bryan vs Punk as the WrestleMania feud. I'd have Punk grow pretty obsessed with Bryan during the commentary stint, not quite like Goldust used to get, but almost like Misery. He'd be saying that this match will be the best of Bryan's career, and the last.

JERRY LAWLER vs MICHAEL COLE

As it is. Possible alternative: Cole aligns himself with a heel tag team and they win the titles, Lawler and a partner face the team at WrestleMania.

REY MYSTERIO vs CODY RHODES

Also keep it pretty much the way it has gone.

Divas Match

Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs Lay-Cool, Vickie Guerrero and Maryse

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

JOHN MORRISON

KOFI KINGSTON

DOLPH ZIGGLER

BIG SHOW

KANE

DREW McINTYRE

JACK SWAGGER

JUSTIN GABRIEL (won a GM-ordered Nexus battle royal for the MitB spot)

Id have to think properly about a full card but i would of definately waited and had:

WWE Champion Wade Barrett vs John Cena- kept what they did up till Survivor Series, had Cena off TV for a month, then he would of 'run in' unannounced on several Raws until Barrett let him back in but only if he wins the Royal Rumble, Cena Wins Rumble then build up until Wrestlemania, i think it would of been a Match/Rematch that People would of Paid to see, Cena obviously Wins the Title at Mania

John Cena Vs The Rock

The Undertaker Vs Triple H

Ladder Match - WWE Championship

The Miz Vs John Morrison

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Edge Vs Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton Vs CM Punk

Diesel and The Big Show Vs Wade Barrett and Ezekiel Jackson

No Holds Barred Match

Rey Mysterio Vs Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship Match

Daniel Bryan Vs Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship Match

Kofi Kingston Vs Drew McIntyre

Trish Stratus and Kelly Kelly Vs Laycool

• Paid Members

Here's how I'd do it..

Bahamian Steetfight, winner gets to host the rest of the show. The Rock vs Kimbo Slice

Kimbo Slice wins with a punch

Ironman Warm-up match 1. Kevin Nash vs Daniel Bryan

Big Kev points and laughs until Bryan bursts into tears and collapses, Kev then climbs the turbuckle to hit the dreaded "Bottom rope splash" for the victory

Ironman Warm-up match 2. HHH vs Booker T

HHH hits Book with a Pedigree, then goes backstage to get something to eat, 10 minutes pass before we see him come back walking towards the ring eating a burger, he then enters the ring and pins the still prone Booker T for the victory.

Post-match Nelson Mandela comes out and apologises on behalf of the black race for Booker T being one of them. HHH graciously accepts, and they do crotch-chops and poses while Booker T gets stretchered out.

Streak vs Freak.......ZILLA. Undertaker vs Scott Steiner

Whoever wins, we win.

Undisputed Title match. Cena vs Miz vs Del Rio vs Edge

It's pretty shit, until Kimbo comes down with a briefcase, Mikey Cole, on behalf of the RAW GM asks him what he's playing at, Kimbo says he's cashing in his "Kimbo in the bank" contract, the GM says there's no such thing, so Kimbo says "Put your hands up nigga, let's do this!" and cracks the laptop. He then proclaims himself the new GM, before sliding into the ring, Kimbo-Plexing everyone, and becoming the new Unidsputed champeeeen.

90 Min Ironman match. Kevin Nash vs HHH

Scott Hall and Larry Z are on commentary for this one. Scott busts out a "suck on that!" after every offensive move/sentence.

Kevin Nash gains control early by grabbing a mic, leaning over the top rope and spends half an hour telling insider jokes, and WCW backstage stories. HHH retaliates by cutting a 30 minute "I AM THE GAME.UHHHH" promo. The final half-hour is built on mutual respect as they stand arms round each other telling the story of how when they worked a program together in 2003 despite the internet bashing it, they still outdrew everything else around the same time. The bell rings after this great exchange..

"Hey, Kev, remember when the internet said noone would buy our HIAC match"

"Yeah, and we did an 0.8 buyrate"

"Good times"

Time-limit draw. 0-0. Undisputed champ Kimbo Slice then makes his way down to the ring to congratulate both men on the best match he's ever witnessed. He says if he's being honest with himself, he doesn't want to be a fake wrestler, he wants to go back to doing a real sport in MMA, the fans applaud, and chants of "Thank you Kimbo", and "Please don't go" ring throughout the arena. He says as hard as it may seem now, the show must go on without him, and who better to lead this great sport into the new generation than the men standing in the ring with him right now, he then bites his Undisputed title into two pieces, and hands one to Kev, and one to HHH, he tells them to defend the title with honour, as this time next year he plans on coming back for the HOF and a dvd payday. The three of them then embrace in a WM20-like fashion, confetti falls, and "Leave The Memories Alone" plays as we fade to black..

* A "365 days til KimboMania 2" video plays*

• Paid Members

Scott Hall and Larry Z are on commentary for this one. Scott busts out a "suck on that!" after every offensive move/sentence.

Leather sofas and choc ices at ringside. Parts Unknown, Meat, Mister Saint Laurant and Santana sitting on the sofas not saying much until Hall asks them about the address of his website which isnt up and running yet. After the match, WrestleMania is interupted because Scott Hall puts his DVD of Jerry Lee Lewis on the titantron as he gets more and more depressed.

• Paid Members

How can I put this as simply as possible -

Near enough Pity's card.

With the Undertaker/Sheamus thing, I know most of my mates will accuse it being illogical - they cant believe its not HHH getting revenge for the injury at Sheamus' hands and Undertaker getting revenge for the burial at Barratt's hands - but I'll repeat what I always say when the "streak" question comes up. The person that should end the streak should be established enough to be believable enough that they could beat the Undertaker, but not quite established enough to the point they have nothing to gain from it. I'd have put Sheamus in that bracket a few months back before he started losing every week.

Obviously, Sheamus wouldn't have been a lemon for the last few months.

This, THIS, a THOUSAND TIMES this. This, good and proper. This, right up the arse.

The only change I would consider is King vs A-Ri instead of Cole with A-Ri having cost King his shot at Miz, so its more of a match that King gets to win rather than extended squash.

I'd have probably the same MITB, with JoMo winning.

I'd have had Diesel win the Royal Rumble. Put the cat amongst the pigeons a bit.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but how great would it be if some "nobody" actually won the Rumble one year? Not that Diesel's a nobody but if someone other than the top 6 most likely winners won it, say Santino won it this year?

I remember a Lance Storm article saying that the problem with the Rumble is there is 24 guaranteed losers every year so its not that exciting since they put the Mania title shot on the line but I reckon they could easily have anyone win it and then either give them a mid card title match or have them lost the title shot before Mania

• Paid Members
I'd have had Diesel win the Royal Rumble. Put the cat amongst the pigeons a bit.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but how great would it be if some "nobody" actually won the Rumble one year? Not that Diesel's a nobody but if someone other than the top 6 most likely winners won it, say Santino won it this year?

I remember a Lance Storm article saying that the problem with the Rumble is there is 24 guaranteed losers every year so its not that exciting since they put the Mania title shot on the line but I reckon they could easily have anyone win it and then either give them a mid card title match or have them lost the title shot before Mania

Nah, that's like when they give a Jack Swagger the World title and book him like shit. It's the title that suffers and loses more drawing power. The Rumble is one of WWEs rare genuine draws, fucking about with it like they have with their World titles isn't too smart.

• Moderators

Leather sofas and choc ices at ringside. Parts Unknown, Meat, Mister Saint Laurant and Santana sitting on the sofas not saying much until Hall asks them about the address of his website which isnt up and running yet. After the match, WrestleMania is interupted because Scott Hall puts his DVD of Jerry Lee Lewis on the titantron as he gets more and more depressed.

There should also be a Meat MMA exhibition, where he wrenches the arms off everyone in FCW.

Archived