How would you have done Wrestlemania?

Shit Poster

• Paid Members
Cena vs Barrett vs Undertaker could have headlined, if they'd kept the slave storyline going and then entangled it with the Undertaker's return for revenge and his defence of the streak.

Barrett on top at Mania??

CornetteFace_4208.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cena v Undertaker on the tease that the Nexus could help Cena beat the streak (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) I can see.

I don't see Wade as anywhere near "going on last at Mania" ready. He'd be more effective as an illegal add on rather than an actual participant. I don't feel they have managed to get anyone new that "ready" in the last twelve months, which is why Undertaker v Trips will close the show.

My Card as shite as it is.

1. 8 Man Tag:

Corre (Barrett, Jackson, Slater and Gabriel) vs. Diesel, Big Show, Marella and Kozlov

Build as it has been, Diesel comes in as a surprise which Show unveils on Smackdown.

2. US Title: Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal

Build follows on from Regal's kiss cam appearance, Regal goes around kissing random Divas and running off, until he gets to Gail Kim. Quick smooch and runs into Bryan who slaps him and says it sad what Regal has become. Regal gets pissed and goes after Bryan saying he wants the villian then the villian will take his title. After Bryan wins at 'mania. Regal looks like he's going to attack Bryan but shakes his hand. Then he kisses Gail, then Bryan and outside to kiss Booker T. And then he runs away smiling.

3. King Sheamus vs. Triple H

HHH comes back at Elimination Chamber to distract Sheamus and allow Morrison to pick up a win. Sheamus keeps running down HHH and goes on a rampage attacking all the mid card wrestlers like Darren Young and Mark Henry. HHH says nothing but keeps coming out to look at Sheamus driving Sheamus mad.

4. Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole and Alex Riley

Same build with Riley added as Cole's Partner.

5. 6 Woman Match: Layla vs. McCool vs. Eve vs. Natalya vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

Don't care about the build but Awesome Kong to come out and kill everyone after the match.

6. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Same build.

7.World Championship: Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Same build except I would have Brodius Clay soften up Edge, and injure his arm or something as the latest employee of Alberto.

8.WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Miz vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena

I'd have Punk win Elimination chamber by dubious means, leading to a Cena and Orton match for No 1 contendership but it ends quickly when the Nexus run in, leading it to turn into a fatal four way. The Miz could keep talking about how he is being screwed but it will be for nought as he's Awesome, Punk keeps sending the Nexus to injure Cena and Orton in particular, Orton to be nuts punting peoplelike Otunga and McGillicutty and Cena being his usual twat self

9. The Rock vs. Undertaker.

Have the Rock come back saying how Takers streak is one of the biggest things in wrestling but the Rock is the biggest thing, and he can't go on without doing it all and putting an exclamation point on his career. Watch the Rock training ala Summerslam 2002 and cutting killer promos with Taker beating people in the ring.

That's how I see it anyway.

I don't see Wade as anywhere near "going on last at Mania" ready.

Now, of course not. But if they'd kept the Cena slave thing going and held off having any Cena vs Barrett singles matches, it would be a great candidate for closing WrestleMania.

• Paid Members

Now, of course not. But if they'd kept the Cena slave thing going and held off having any Cena vs Barrett singles matches, it would be a great candidate for closing WrestleMania.

I don't mean in storyline terms, I mean in terms of in ring skills - being able to pull off a decent length main event quality match in a high profile PPV setting. Which I imagine I'd have the same doubts over even if he had been gifted superior angles. I think of Barrett as excellent at keeping me interested on the mic, but when the bell rings, not so much.

I don't mean in storyline terms, I mean in terms of in ring skills - being able to pull off a decent length main event quality match in a high profile PPV setting. Which I imagine I'd have the same doubts over even if he had been gifted superior angles. I think of Barrett as excellent at keeping me interested on the mic, but when the bell rings, not so much.

It depends. If the story was strong enough, they could pull it off. His first match with Cena that led to Cena joining Nexus was great. It was only the subsequent ones that were disappointing. I think the momentum of the story, plus the extra-curriculars with Rock and Nexus, would easily make up for Barrett's lack of experience in main event matches.

• Paid Members

It depends. If the story was strong enough, they could pull it off. His first match with Cena that led to Cena joining Nexus was great. It was only the subsequent ones that were disappointing. I think the momentum of the story, plus the extra-curriculars with Rock and Nexus, would easily make up for Barrett's lack of experience in main event matches.

Not to mention that Cena is actually pretty good at carrying people as well. He'd make Barrett look main-event, even if he isn't, and I don't get the impression Barrett's difficult to work with.

Archived