Getting Old

ajmcstyles

Ok heres the score (sorry for the typing errors and grammar in advance).

At 18 years of age finally legal to go out and have ID to back it up you go out have fun no matter how busy places are, and how crap the music/beer is. How long it takes to get a drink, prices of booze etc...

Now at 25 I tend to like going in the quiet or traditional pubs which serve really nice ale and a really nice choice too, nice chilling quiet rock in the background like steriophonics or something rock but mellow in the background and tend to be drawn away from the nightclubs which I used to really enjoy going to such as Corporation in Sheffield or Quazzies in Barnsley Town Centre but with the pubs filling up with Kids underage drinkers which really get on my nerves, really typical ale such as John Smith's, Foster and Carling.

Is this just me with Age or has this happened with others?

Will try and retype this in the evening spent a nice night at Devonshire Cat so quite drunk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Personally I've never enjoyed nightclubs or crowded highstreet pubs. Mainly because I hate crowds people.

I feel the same, the only reason to go to a nightclub is to pull and that often fails unless your a loud abrasive dick with a novelty t-shirt proclaiming how much of a lad you are. I love heading down to the pub with a few mates for some banter and a few pints, you can actually have engaging conversations and the like, rather than shouting in each others ears over loud shit music.

• Paid Members

Shit son, I'm 28 and I can't even be bothered with ale or the 'phonics any more. I prefer to stay in and watch the news over a smoke o' my pipe and a game of dominoes, just hoping I stay awake long enough to rub Vick on my chest before falling asleep dribbling in front of the test card.

Actually I've just realised that my last post wasn't exactly true as I had an absolutely cracking night out in Derby last year. Where I live going to a drinking establishment on a Friday or a Saturday night is like giving every cunt in the county an open invitation to glass you in the face, you literally can't go anywhere in town without encountering some Stella fueled apes flanked by a group of hysterical shrieking harpies itching for a fight. Considering the previous sentence I was pretty fucking apprehensive when my girlfriend told me we were to be celebrating her birthday in a city center pub in Derby on a Saturday night with a bunch of her friends, what actually went down was a total shock to me; the place was jam packed but the atmosphere was totally relaxed, there were a couple of rowdy football fans but they were more interested in singing songs than kicking off, I had total strangers coming up and talking to me even though they weren't part of our little group and I ended up chatting to a bunch of girls about their matching nWo tattoos. It was the best night out ever and totally reaffirmed my faith in people.

25 - You are in your prime. Young enough to pull an 18 year old and old enough to pull an early 30s bird. As a 34 year old who is settled down and living with a bird i pine my 20's. Don't get me wrong, its ok being settled down and that but its not as good as being in your 20s. In your 20s You can still go out, get wrecked, fall all over the place and try and pull anything that moves and no one will batter an eye lid. Once you hit 30 you cannot do these things as people think you are sad. Dont get old before your time or you will regret it.

• Paid Members

I'm 24 and have been to nightclubs on a handful of occasions. A couple of times me and a few friends have gone in while already hammered, drunkenly thinking we'll get off with someone. The other times have been in large groups of friends or workmates, when the majority voted in favour of a club.

Really can't fathom the fascination with these places. Loud, overpriced and full of arseholes.

I'm turning 24 on Tuesday and definately going the same way.

I used to love going out Friday and Saturday to clubs when I was 18/19. Booze was at fairly decent prices and you had a great time.

I think the problem now is the ridiculous prices and the fact that everybody who is in the clubs acts like they're in an episode of skins. Oh and what happend to 'dress to impress'? Fucking knobs in a polo shirt with the top buttoned like Olly Fuckin Murs.

There is also the fact that bouncers seem to be becoming even bigger pricks on a power trip. I went to a club in Glasgow last year and got knocked back when I had only had two pints and was not drunk. The bouncer said I was steaming. Meantime they let the scummiest looking chavs who were guaranteed to riot in.

Definately a good pub or classy bar for me these days! Rant over lol.

Archived