Getting Old

ajmcstyles

Now at 25 I tend to like going in the quiet or traditional pubs which serve really nice ale and a really nice choice too

I think that feeling hit me around 21/22. After about 3-4 years solid of going out Friday and Saturday every weekend the bottom kind've fell out of it in a big bad way. Im 24 now and deffinately appreciate having a 'quiet one' in somewhere chilled or a meal with my woman

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 - You are in your prime. Young enough to pull an 18 year old and old enough to pull an early 30s bird. As a 34 year old who is settled down and living with a bird i pine my 20's. Don't get me wrong, its ok being settled down and that but its not as good as being in your 20s. In your 20s You can still go out, get wrecked, fall all over the place and try and pull anything that moves and no one will batter an eye lid. Once you hit 30 you cannot do these things as people think you are sad. Dont get old before your time or you will regret it.

I quite agree, make the most of it while you've got few commitments, get pissed, take drugs, stay out all night and shag around, don't get old before ya time :p

I'm a bit passed all the raving, but occasional enjoy going somewhere for music I like or prefer chatting to similar minded people to me putting the world to rights.

I'm 24 and feel the same pretty much. Expensive, taxi prices have shot up and the clubs are full of stuck-up students, violent roiders or attention seeking kids. I dunno, the atmosphere has changed over the last decade.

I usually stick to my local or stay in with a curry and play PES. Living the dream.

An aussie comedian (whos name escapes me right now) once said, "if your over 3 and in a nightclub your a fucking loser!

I'm 28 now and it's hit me that I'm done goin to clubs on a regular basis. Maybe once in a while if drunk enough but it really is a young mans game. It gradually pisses you off more and more as you get older that when you go to one that a) you dont talk to your mates very much without screaming in their ears b) getting a drink is a royal pain in the arse c) you really dont like the music d) birds will either be too young or old wrecks. Of course there are exceptions but that's were I am with it.

• Paid Members

Can't remember the last time I was in a nightclub, and I've only just turned 22. Newcastle's full of bars with some nightclubs, and I tend to stick to the bars.

Now if I were single, the story may be different... Oh, and isn't it sod's law that as soon as you turn 18 you somehow no longer get ID'd?

• Moderators
That 'shagging around' thing makes me laugh, it's something people always talk about but i've seen it happen so few times. Maybe I just need to hang out at the chav bars instead of rock clubs

DING DING DING DING DING! You want to go to Liquid and not Krazy House for that kind of thing. Mind you, Rock and metal nights were always full of slags as well. Maybe you just don't have the Va Va Voom.

I've gone the other way if anything. Was usually in a nightclub under sufferance until I was about 22 when the penny dropped and now I actively enjoy going to clubs. Taking more of an interest in Techno/House/Dubstep over the last few years and being a bit more discriminate about which clubs and nights I'll frequent is the likely cause.

• Paid Members

I've found a decent balance I think. At 25 I'm happy to go to a quiz once a week for a chat, some pub grub and a couple of pints and call it a night by midnight. Once every couple of months or so however, I go for a good old boys night out. A birthday or stag night or a gig... Start early, hit a few bars and book the next day off work. Only reserved for special occasions mind. "Friday night" is no longer an excuse for getting shitfaced.

Does anyone else have friends from their younger days that do still seem to be stuck in he same pattern of going out 3 nights a week to the same club that you used to see them in five years ago? I find it a little desperate that they are now closer to 30 than 20 but still working to barely cover rent and nights out.

Actually I've just realised that my last post wasn't exactly true as I had an absolutely cracking night out in Derby last year. Where I live going to a drinking establishment on a Friday or a Saturday night is like giving every cunt in the county an open invitation to glass you in the face, you literally can't go anywhere in town without encountering some Stella fueled apes flanked by a group of hysterical shrieking harpies itching for a fight. Considering the previous sentence I was pretty fucking apprehensive when my girlfriend told me we were to be celebrating her birthday in a city center pub in Derby on a Saturday night with a bunch of her friends, what actually went down was a total shock to me; the place was jam packed but the atmosphere was totally relaxed, there were a couple of rowdy football fans but they were more interested in singing songs than kicking off, I had total strangers coming up and talking to me even though they weren't part of our little group and I ended up chatting to a bunch of girls about their matching nWo tattoos. It was the best night out ever and totally reaffirmed my faith in people.

In other words you went to Yates!!

Archived