carry jobs

kamicazze

this thread is about when one wrestler has clearly carried the other one to an excellent match. i dont mean in terms of how in all cena's matches he gets carried but someone who hasnt had a good match for a long time and then a star pulls one out of them. Ill start

Shawn michaels in his carry jobs of ric flair and hulk hogan.

Bret hart with british bulldog in 92

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly I remember Benoit carring ATrain to a great match, think Vengence 2002 - there will surely be more from the forbidden one.

Angle carried jannetty and countless others

While thinking about this, I couldn't think of a TNA carry job off the top of my head - maybe this means something...

this thread is about when one wrestler has clearly carried the other one to an excellent match. i dont mean in terms of how in all cena's matches he gets carried but someone who hasnt had a good match for a long time and then a star pulls one out of them. Ill start

You implying Cena gets carried in every match? Thats utter shit if you are, Cena is usually calling it in alot of his matches. Also I don't believe HBK had to carry Hogan if you are meaning Summerslam'05. Great call on SS'92 though.

• Paid Members
this thread is about when one wrestler has clearly carried the other one to an excellent match. i dont mean in terms of how in all cena's matches he gets carried

Ridiculous statement.

I take it you think that when he has a bad match it's all Cena's fault but when its a good match Cena has been carried? Behave yourself.

For me it has to be as follows:

1. Bam Bam Bigelow Vs Lawrence Taylor. Basically you have a Wrestlemania main event with a non wrestler. Bigelow carried this guy through and made it a credible match. It was and still remains, for me the biggest carry job and is a thing of beauty!

2. Bret Hart Vs Tom Magee: Tom Magee was a bodybuilder, and he wrestled Bret in a trial in the 80's. Bret made him look amazing and Vince thought he had a Hogan v2. Magee then exposed himself to be horrendous and unusable when put in with anyone else, and was released and enver heard of again.

3. Raven Vs Gordy: Gordy in his prime was an elite worker, at this point thouugh he was a brain damaged and drug addled mess. Raven's virtuoso display made everyone think that Gordy was back to his best. The reality, Raven did everything and Gordy when put with others exposed his true condition.

4. Goldberg Vs Scott Steiner: Goldberg was raw as f**k, and Steiner was still a superlative worker. Steiner made Goldberg look incredible.

5. Warrior vs Rick Rude: At this point Warrior was still raw, and horrible in the ring. Rude made Warrior look great, an incredible feat back then!

this thread is about when one wrestler has clearly carried the other one to an excellent match. i dont mean in terms of how in all cena's matches he gets carried

Ridiculous statement.

I take it you think that when he has a bad match it's all Cena's fault but when its a good match Cena has been carried? Behave yourself.

Come on, everyone knows Khali carried Cena. We all know it - don't lie.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan doesn't need to be carried, he's an excellent worker, or was. Shawn certainly didn't carry him in that match. What he did do was turn it into a joke. I felt very let down by Shawn's unprofessional performance in the match I had been really excited about.

Hulk Hogan doesn't need to be carried, he's an excellent worker, or was. Shawn certainly didn't carry him in that match. What he did do was turn it into a joke. I felt very let down by Shawn's unprofessional performance in the match I had been really excited about.

is that the match where he bumps like crazy for every move Hulk does. i didnt realise that was hbk been a cock

• Paid Members

Really? I thought it was funny as fuck.

It was funny, but it wasn't meant to be a funny match. Hogan worked as hard in that match as he was physically able, and I thought Shawn's antics were pretty disrespectful. No wonder Hogan decided not to do the return job.

Talking of carry jobs, Hogan's masterful manipulation of Warrior into a good match at their Wrestlemania bout was really impressive, as Scott Hall showed in his commentary piece. There's this myth that Hogan was a bad wrestler in the 80s, but when you actually watch his matches, often with large immobile behemoths, he was really brilliant at creating main event spectacles.

Archived