carry jobs

kamicazze

McBride your so right, if i remember as well didnt they actually pay hima shedload to?, bascially WWF spunked a fair penny to the wall for a guy who they couldnt do anything with. From what i rememebr of the footage the difference between him vs Hart and him vs anyone else was night and day. the guy made Warrior look awesome in comparison.

Was MaGee on a guaranteed money contract or something? Didn't think Vince was offering those in the mid 80s?

There's definately footage of him in Japan on Youtube, he looks terrible, great body and impressive flips but not a clue of how to work, ring prescence etc.

How long was Tim Horner in the WWF for? Was he a pure jobber or a JTTS type guy?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Theres a few rarities that have been removed over the years. i dont know if Luger/Brody is on there, or the rockers vs harts which ended up with the ring broke anymore either

I've never seen the Rockers/Harts match you are refering to (although just found that it is up on youtube), but the Luger/Brody shoot is actually fairly common and pretty easy to pick up. Without wanting to take this thread too much off topic:

Bruiser Brody vs Lex Luger (cage match, shoot incident)

Missy's Manor w/ the Honky Tonk Man

Hart Foundation vs Rockers

McBride your so right, if i remember as well didnt they actually pay hima shedload to?, bascially WWF spunked a fair penny to the wall for a guy who they couldnt do anything with. From what i rememebr of the footage the difference between him vs Hart and him vs anyone else was night and day. the guy made Warrior look awesome in comparison.

Was MaGee on a guaranteed money contract or something? Didn't think Vince was offering those in the mid 80s?

There's definately footage of him in Japan on Youtube, he looks terrible, great body and impressive flips but not a clue of how to work, ring prescence etc.

How long was Tim Horner in the WWF for? Was he a pure jobber or a JTTS type guy?

According to theHistoryofWWE website, Horner was there for approximately one year from November 1988 to November 1989 and appears he was more a JTTS type guy. He would get victories over the likes of Jose Estrada, Danny Davis, Mike Sharpe, Jose Luis Rivera etc on the houseshows, but would put over almost everyone else (including the likes of Boris Zhukov) and was purely used as a squash guy on TV. He also appears to have been used regularly as an experienced hand in try-out matches for guys they were looking at such as Kendo Nagasaki, Kevin Kelly (Wacholz), The Big Steel Man (Fred Ottman) and also Tom Magee.

Incidentally, here is Tom Magee's record for 1989, and you can see by the end they had clearly given up on the guy as he is putting over the likes of Horner and also Jim Powers.

04.22.89 Winston-Salem, NC Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

04.24.89 Moline, IL Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

04.30.89 Augusta, GA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

05.12.89 Springfield, MA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

05.13.89 Boston, MA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

05.19.89 Altoona, PA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

05.22.89 Allentown, PA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

06.16.89 Los Angeles, CA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

06.17.89 Oakland, CA Tom Magee bt Tim Horner

07.02.89 Lethbridge, AL Tom Magee vs Tim Horner

07.06.89 Johnstown, PA Jim Powers bt Tom Magee

07.29.89 Greensborough, NC Tim Horner bt Tom Magee

08.89 Wildwood, NJ Tim Horner bt Tom Magee

Theres a few rarities that have been removed over the years. i dont know if Luger/Brody is on there, or the rockers vs harts which ended up with the ring broke anymore either

I've never seen the Rockers/Harts match you are refering to (although just found that it is up on youtube), but the Luger/Brody shoot is actually fairly common and pretty easy to pick up. Without wanting to take this thread too much off topic:

Bruiser Brody vs Lex Luger (cage match, shoot incident)

Missy's Manor w/ the Honky Tonk Man

Hart Foundation vs Rockers

I was so keen to see that phantom title change match a few years back, and it started off well but it just toally disintegrated. Really disappointing when it should have been amazing.

Their matches from SNME and Japan were better.

Archived