Elimination Chamber Discussion

Super Cena

Fuck me, why's everyone obsessed with Trish's Promo? It was a throw-away 2 minute comedy job to promote another show. Not even worth discussing. Shit.

Really enjoyed the PPV, two cracking chambers with more lexan broken than ever before which was good, perhaps a little overdone but it always makes a good impact and it's only once a year. They did a grand job of giving most people plenty of time to shine. I thought Mcintyre would be total filler but it was probably his best performance to date, Morrison continued on his upward trend and was very impressive again, good powerful stints from Kane, Sheamus and Show too. Punk did a grand job selling the story with his expressions and Rey had another blinder in there I thought, makes about 3 years in the row he's had a cracker in the chamber. Cena and Edge were showed to have really had to earn there place at Wrestlemania which was good too.

Rest was good, Tag title was filler and very average, Opener was a good kick off and the Lawler/Miz match was good fun and well done all things considered.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stayed up and watched it

It was good but nothing special

Wheres the element of surprise anymore????

SD match was best - I can see 4 way at Mania with Christian and Rey or may have Rey v Rhodes

Cena in a wwe title match at mania is worrying

Raw tonight has to be hugh to save Mania, IE Taker as nothing major looks on the card

Fuck me, why's everyone obsessed with Trish's Promo? It was a throw-away 2 minute comedy job to promote another show. Not even worth discussing. Shit.

Arguably the greatest female performer in WWE history returned to the company, participated in an angle which presumably will lead to a WrestleMania match, and did a crap promo.

That's worth discussing isn't it? Shit.

Trish was rubbish when she hosted Raw a few months back too, if I recall.

A decent PPV I reckon, despite me usually hating the February PPVs since Elimination Chamber matches were a fixture. They throw in 12 folk or thereabouts in lottery multi-man matches and most of the time there have been shocks. So really I think they did the right thing in going the straight route. Mania main events should be sorted around the Rumble, there's just too much stuff going on this time around and that nonsense with Edge and Ziggler was just stupid.

But yes, it was nice to see Edge put on a great performance in a fab Chamber match. I'm not a fan of the Chamber matches, but as soon as McIntyre came in the pace was non-stop til the end. Even Rey 'Repetitive' Mysterio didn't spoil it too much. I laughed often at everyone thinking Taker, Rock, Triple H, Christian, Diesel or whoever was going to get the sixth spot. This match had an Edge or Rey win written all over it from the start, simply because the winner would face Del Rio at Mania.

The other chamber match I wasn't fussed about. That one was even more predictable. I'm just glad R-Truth got as long in the ring as he deserved.

Lawler v The Miz was a bit of a let down, but I guess the events in the Kings' family over the last week derailed things somewhat.

Those above who have made their Mania decision based on this PPV should probably wait at least until Raw is over with tonight. It'll give us a much better feel as to what is gonna go down.

Wheres the element of surprise anymore????

What exactly did you want as a surprise?

Everything was set up as it should be, and the card is shaping up to have those in the main events that, at this moment, are the best options.

Why fuck it up with random "surprises" ?

Cena in a wwe title match at mania is worrying

No it isn't. He's the top talent and exactly where he should be.

Raw tonight has to be hugh to save Mania, IE Taker as nothing major looks on the card

Nope it doesn't have to be huge. They have The Rock. They have some fresh matches. It's very much a transitional 'Mania but one that's going in the right direction.

TransitionalMania. That is exactly what it is - thank you for summing up so succinctly. On paper it doesn't seem great but in terms of establishing new stars, it is essential. We all moan about Orton or Cena or HHH inevitably maineventing, but look what's happened this year. We've got Miz and Del Rio entering the main event mix at the highest level, and it's met with cynicism and calls that they don't deserve to be there. That is immaterial, a new batch of genuine and established main eventers is essential now if WWE is going to get moving again, and Mania is the chance for Del Rio and Miz to prove their worth. A star turn by Ziggler and Morrison, I expect, will propel them to the top before the year is out too.

I do genuinely think they're trying to establish new stars but they can't do it all at once.

At the moment, I don't WANT to see people like Morrison, Ziggler et al main eventing the BIGGEST PPV of the year. As much as people may be bored of Edge, Cena etc, these are the guys that belong in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Whether they go in the right direction at 'Mania is another thing, but we'll see.

• Paid Members

The problem with the new batch of talent they're pushing is they never go the whole way. Sheamus, Barrett and Miz are three recent examples where they are terrified of giving them good win over the true stars. Thankfully, Albertoooo Del Rrrrrrioo is breaking the mold in that regard, it's no wonder he was in the top three people over with the crowd on the PPV.

The problem with the new batch of talent they're pushing is they never go the whole way. Sheamus, Barrett and Miz are three recent examples where they are terrified of giving them good win over the true stars. Thankfully, Albertoooo Del Rrrrrrioo is breaking the mold in that regard, it's no wonder he was in the top three people over with the crowd on the PPV.

hes not over, faces are over. heels have heat. pissy, needless reply i know but its a little detail that really gauls me because so many people get it wrong.

anyway..... enjoyed the ppv but looking back i can honestly say i could of missed and not been that bothered as i called all of the results before the show. thats the thing with this ppv, they have already started the 'mania fueds so it makes the winners a little obvious.

hes not over, faces are over. heels have heat. pissy, needless reply i know but its a little detail that really gauls me because so many people get it wrong.

Erm, actually......

'Wrestlers can be over as either babyfaces (good guys) or heels (bad guys). The term suggests that the fans are buying into what the wrestler is selling, meaning his character. "Over" has a denotation of the fans believing in the wrestler such that they are willing to boo and cheer his character as if his matches were not a work. Wrestlers who are over are generating reactions from the crowd, known as heat in wrestling parlance. Someone who is over as a heel will get booed, while someone who is over as a face will get cheered.'

Courtesy of: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Over

So many people get it right. You are wrong.

• Paid Members

Avoiding the UKFF on-topic section, twitter and facebook all day on a day off is much more difficult than I thought. In the end I needn't have bothered, but that's not a slight on the show at all.

The two chamber matches were most definitely PPV quality, especially the Smackdown one which is probably the most exciting out of all the Chamber matches I can recall. Loved it. Special props to Rey Mysterio who bumped like an absolute fucking beast and damn near stole the whole show, a fantastic individual performance in my opinion. I was actually rooting for him towards the end and I'd have had absolutely no problem at all with another contest against Del Rio down the line.

Likewise, Edge put in a great shift himself. Is it me or does Edge seem to have a little bit more oomph so far this year? For a guy who is apparently on his last legs and absolutely battered, he doesn't show it at all. McIntyre put in his best performance so far for me and he was getting an ace crowd reaction when he tossed Barrett through the pod. Drew's intensity finally seems to be distinguishing him from other people and this is a good sign. Barrett was quite the trooper himself taking some punishment in there from Big Show. Just a good effort all round really.

The second chamber was good fun again, John Morrison being a big standout. I think he's ready to become a regular main eventer now and he seems to be pulling out all the stops to cement himself high up the card, so good on him. If they do a money in the bank style deal this year, he absolutely has to win the briefcase for me. Elsewhere, Punk continues to prove to be the most entertaining heel in the company and I'm looking forward to seeing where the rivalry with Orton goes next.

Since I'm now going to Atlanta, I watched pretty much the entire show with something of an extra spark than normal combined with the fact I dodged the spoilers. Cena vs Miz will be brilliant for me. I think it's perfectly fine that Miz isn't seen as much of a threat to Cena as say an Undertaker or Triple H figure. Cena SHOULD be seen as the favourite to take the WWE title match, Miz simply isn't the type of character to go dominating babyfaces. He plays his role to absolute perfection. He shouldn't dominate Cena, he should be pissing him off and taking shortcuts to derail his ambitions at every turn.

Character wise, two years ago he couldn't even get on the card, now he's headlining and he's not going to give up his title without fighting as dirty and as cheaply as possible to keep it. Likewise, Cena is going to do everything possible to shut his big mouth. Throw in some Dwayne, and you've got a great rivalry there. The promos alone between Miz and Cena will be more than enough to whet the appetite for a big PPV match between them, with or without involvement from Rocky.

Other notes:

I felt bad for Trish about the botch with Layla. The promo was just harmless fun and I had no beef with it at all, nice to see her back. Sadly, Booker already annoys me, he doesn't bring anything to the announce table. Come back Striker, all is forgiven.

With the Corre winning the tag belts, I'm guessing we'll see them appear on Raw as a group and build up some momentum for whatever goes down at Wrestlemania.

Barrett seems a good shout for Undertaker as an opponent, but tonight will be interesting to see where Undertaker's Mania path will potentially lead to.

Overall, an entertaining show which just leaves me even more excited for the trip to Atlanta.

Archived