Elimination Chamber Discussion

Super Cena

Cena's cereal thing was even bloody worse. Christ, if I ever see a bloke so excited to be eating a breakfast substance, at night, before fighting in a deadly structure, then I will personally shit into an envelope and send it to the creative team. Or the advertisers. Or maybe both.

He wasn't excited though was he? He was taking the p**s out of what The Rock said about him. He wasn't seriously meant to be enjoying the cereal.

well the chamber has lost its allure like most of their gimmicks when they get whole shows built around them, but thats another argument. it was still a main event of a ppv within a supposedly dangerous structure as hyped by the video packages on the night, probably not the best time to have goofy cena, minutes away.

would have worked fine for a raw, wouldnt be surprised if cena comes out in a barney costume next

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually didn't ind the Cena cereal thing, as it was a fun little way of acknowledging the Rock's pisstake of him.

It gave me a giggle, but thinking about it now, they really shouldn't of had him do that before the "career ending deadly" match. Should have done it on Raw.

Yeah but Cena never takes anything seriously.

It's one of the major reasons why i think he (well, his TV character) is a prick who I'll never get behind.

Every time he gets screwed over, beaten down or done out of his Title, he comes out on the next show making crap jokes and smiling, before getting "all serious" at the end. It's fucking stupid and makes me instantly not care about anything he says.

It's like he just 'knows' that everything will be fine and he'll overcome the odds and get his belt back, whatever happens.

If he's not bothered, why should I be.

"I got fired, yo. i was livin' on corned beef and twinkies... Hey, here's a mayonnaise joke..."

Haha, oh I'm glad i rallied behind Cena, what with all the heartache he got put through!!!!!!

There is just no consequence to anything, so why give a shit?

You know what?

Right now, the card for Wrestlemania is looking less interesting than the card for TNA Against All Odds was, which is one of TNA's minor PPVs.

That's not a good state of affairs for WWE.

Lolz, don't be a dick. two matches have been announced. Del Rio vs Edge and Miz vs Cena, fresh main eventers vs established guys, its good to me.

Hence the phrase RIGHT NOW you mongoloid. There's not long to go and all.

This is the card for WM as it stands: according to strong rumour and what we know coming out of the PPV:

WWE Championship Match

The Miz Vs You Know Who

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge Vs Alberto Del Rio

Undertaker Vs Triple H/Wade Barret/Whatever

Randy Orton Vs CM Punk

Money in the Bank

Trish Stratus and Kelly Kelly vs. Michelle McCool and Layla

----

With the exception of HHH v Taker, none of that is as interesting as Against All Odds was. In my humble opinion of course.

Cena's cereal thing was even bloody worse. Christ, if I ever see a bloke so excited to be eating a breakfast substance, at night, before fighting in a deadly structure, then I will personally shit into an envelope and send it to the creative team. Or the advertisers. Or maybe both.

He wasn't excited though was he? He was taking the p**s out of what The Rock said about him. He wasn't seriously meant to be enjoying the cereal.

It was a pretty funny time to be taking the piss just moments before entering a deadly, career threatening structure with the right to main even WrestleMania on the line

But I suppose being super Cena he could have come out and wrestle dressed as a giant cucumber last night as a "piss take" towards The Rock and still won the bloody thing

Guy's I think your all jumping the gun about the "worst mania card EVRZZ". As somebody suggested adding Christian to the World Heavyweight Championship match would make alot of sense.

I loved Elimination Chamber, very good PPV overall. Smackdown had the best chamber match I feel and the opener was a cracker. Standouts tonight were McINTYRE and Morrison. McINTYRE looked like an animal, he got alot of bonus points from the crowd. I've been waiting for somebody to climb the roof of the chamber since 2002, thank you Morrison!.

• Paid Members

Booker T's commentary is mince, what the fuck was he going on about after Lawler hit the fist-drop?, I can't see him lasting much longer.

Vickie Guerrero's promo was same old shit. Does a heel manager with a sacked boyfriend really need to eat up 10 minutes of ppv time?, she'll be on Raw tonight too, because being the main focus of Smackdown just isn't enough. Also, placing the promo right before the WWE title match was a ridiculous decision, and yet another in a long line of moves that makes it seem like pushing Vickie's act is more important than 95% of the rest of the roster.

Trish's promo was embarrassing, I'm willing to blame it on Booker T though, he has the ability to ruin things just by standing there. I'm also willing to blame her new set of tiny tits, and botches later in the show on him as well. Go home Booker, you're fucking shit.

The rest of the show was great, Kofi vs Del Rio was a fantastic opener. I LOVED both the Chamber's, Big Show was great, Kane looked better than he has for a good while, and the Edge vs Rey shit was fantastic. That's probably the best I've ever seen Drew perform, the "Lawn-dart" on Rey looked brutal!, if Drew can keep that up I'll start to see the same potential that WWE does. Raw's was great too, outside of R-Poof, who only lasted a couple of minutes, everyone performed well, Sheamus looked a monster, Morrisson got to do some of his cool shit, and was over as fuck, the seeds were planted for Orton vs Punk, and Cena was his usual (great) self. Sure, it was obvious Cena was winning, but it was the only logical option.

I really enjoyed Miz vs Lawler, it could have done with a better crowd, but it's not their fault they were placed on right after the crowd had just booed it's lungs out. Miz was put over huge, it's amazing what working with a guy who knows what he's doing can do for a young talent, even if the guy is in his 50's. The Piledriver teases, and Coles usual great "hateable prick" commentary should help build towards a Wrestlemania moment when Jerry gets to Piledrive Mikey and finally shut his mouth. People complain about how todays product has no long-term angles, well, we're watching one play out now, and the payoff will be fantastic!.

I can't wait for Raw tonight. WM's shaping up nicely already, I'm looking forward to both title matches, which considering my feelings of utter nothingness towards face Edge and Miz as champ just a few months ago is quite an accomplishment. Punk vs Orton has the makings of a good feud, and Jerry Lawler should be great in the sympathetic babyface role in the coming weeks.

Good job WWE!.

I expect somehow to see Cole's comments after Lawler lost re-played on RAW tonight leading possibly to Lawler laying one on Cole and getting 'fired', only to be re-instated over the next few weeks (after Cole has mocked him even more) and put in a 'Mania match.

Though, with Cena, Edge and kelly all getting the "you're fired" angle only to be back almost straight away, they've done a good job of killing the 'fired' angle already!

Loved seeing Truth getting completely jobbed. At least they seem to realize he's complete cack.

2009/2010: Always the same people in the main event scene, WWE never produces any new guys.

2011: Wtf are Del Rio and Miz doing in my main event, why would WWE put new guys in their main event.

Amazing how so many wrestling fans can bemoan the lack of new faces for so many years, then as soon as we get a few, they all turn against it (without a trace of irony I might add) and claim that Main Events just aren't epic enough. I guess if you're a cynic you'll always find something to complain about, I'm just happy we aren't seeing Cena, Orton, Edge and Triple H facing off in various combinations again.

Christian being put into the WHC match would be a great touch personally, especially after the "Christian returns to win the Rumble" rumours that didn't pay off.

Still a big fan of Trish even if she looks, talks and wrestles worse than before :( Agreed to all the comments about script-writers - they need to learn that sometimes it's good to script things and sometimes it's good to just let stuff happen.

If Cena wants to take the piss out of the Rock to develop their mini-feud, fine, but by inserting his comedy bit just before the Elimination Chamber match, which they're trying to bill as a serious threat to people's careers, he might as well just have said "I'm about to step in the chamber and let other guys pretend to hurt me, but don't worry because it's not real, I'm not taking it seriously and you shouldn't either". We all know it's fake, but we expect wrestlers to help us suspend our disbelief, but obviously it's too much to ask for the very basics from your "star attraction".

McIntyre really didn't disappoint tonight, I know a lot of people have had their complaints about him in the past, but great intensity from the man tonight - popped for him headbutting his pod. Stood out to me and I hope to a lot of others as well, a star in the making if he keeps that sort of intensity going in the coming weeks.

Some great spots by Morrison, big fan of what he can do, but he still doesn't seem to be able to make me care about him - when he "blew out his knee" I found it hard to find sympathy for him - if he can get that down he'll be huge, but until then he's just another flippy guy to me (albeit one of the best flippy guys around).

LOL @R-Truth. 2 minutes and eliminated. Surprised Sheamus bumped for him on the outside given he's on the down and down.

2009/2010: Always the same people in the main event scene, WWE never produces any new guys.

2011: Wtf are Del Rio and Miz doing in my main event, why would WWE put new guys in their main event.

I really don't think many people are complaining about that. Most people on here bum Del Rio and Miz. Most people are just unhappy that Cena is main eventing again.

I stayed up last night, I couldn't believe I managed it. This is how I saw it:

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston:

Good opener, Kofi is excellent in his role as the plucky babyface who won't lay down but it was hampered by the fact I couldn't see Del Rio losing, thus making Kofi's fight less meaningful. I liked the story of the match but found the commentary strange. 'He's working over Kofi's ribs to put him in the cross arm breaker'. What? Good ending sequence too.

World Title Elimination Chamber:

Was good, but could've made the ending shorter. It was a bit overkill, even for me who loves ROH/Japan kick out of loads of finishers matches. My perfect ending would've been when Edge missed the spear in the corner but caught Rey on the rebound. But it went for another ten minutes and ended with th same finish for all there matches, the spear to Rey in mid-air. Everyone looked good but I particularly give props to McIntyre and Mysterio. Mysterio for allowing himself to be thrown all around the chamber and McIntyre for putting in a decent effort and looking more vicious than he has in months.

Christian's return was fantastic, I thought it was well done.

Trish Stratus promo:

Average promo, even Booker seemed a little embarrassed for her.

Tag Team Titles:

Average match, I think these four gel well, but there's no emotional investment from the audience for the tag belts since they've been devalued so much. The finish I thought was quite clever, but just filler really. Good filler but filler none the less.

Vickie promo/ Laycool and Stratus:

Vickie does a wonderful job it has to be said, and Teddy was more authoriative tonight which made Kelly Kelly's return more special. The brawling was lacklustre and then Laycool came out. Laycool pisses me off, as Layla has some real good qualities and a personality while Michelle McCool is as bland as wallpaper paste, yet McCool is meant to be the one getting more pushed out of the pairing. Stratus did alright at first, but McCool no sold being kicked around the head and Stratus botched the handstandcarana. Started good but ended badly.

WWE Championship:

Good match, Lawler was looking good and Miz was on form as well. Quick finish but they both looked good and I enjoyed it. A nice standing ovation at the end of the match. Lawler deserves it.

Furity Pebbles skit:

I got it, I understood it but I didn't find it funny or good for his character. Cena should have cut a promo on the Rock doing the Tooth Fairy or something. Stupid.

Elimination Chamber for No.1 Contenders:

I wished Punk would've won but then so did Oakland. Morrison impressed me, not just for his pak cor stuff but for the selling of his knee throughout the match which looked good. R Truth was a waste in the chamber. Sheamus was decent and Orton looked good but Punk was my man. His facials in the chamber, the whole getting stuck he did with conviction and he did alot for the match. Just look at the poor buggers leg, that looked nasty. But of course Cena had to win. I would much rather Cena be in a special attraction match than the WWE Title as I can see this being a massacre.

For Wrestlemania, I hope they continue with the push for Miz and for him to win, but I really doubt it.

Last night, WWE continued their impressive form of late with the solid Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Featuring matches that ranged from good to excellent, EC was certainly a show I enjoyed watching live.

Alberto Del Rio versus Kofi Kingston was a fair opener, most notable for the crowd support for Del Rio. I wasn't really expecting anything extraordinary from this bout; it was what it was - a PPV victory intended to give Del Rio an extra boost of momentum before Wrestlemania.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match, which featured superb action throughout. Though I'm not a huge Mysterio fan, he was certainly very entertaining here. Edge has had me questioning why I rally behind his matches lately: He has been a slight letdown during his air time, in my view, on Smackdown recently. The only answer I can give myself is that it is because he's the same guy that played the Rated-R character with such velocity, conviction and success throughout much of the last decade. This match had a nice finish as well. Finally, anybody who truly expected anybody else other than Big Show to be announced as the sixth competitor only have themselves to blame.

The tag team title match, as good as it was, wasn't as entertaining as their match on the go-home Smackdown. Santino's sequence leading to, and including, hitting the Cobra during that match was brilliant. Gabriel and Slater are good enough as a team and I think it's time that Corre had some gold in their team.

Though I've never been Lawler's biggest fan in the past, I've come to quite like him recently and his pre-match promo last night was certainly emotional. I was cheering him on throughout this match, in the hope that he would get the feel good victory - if only to lose it back to Miz the next night on Raw. The video package for this match showed just how fucking good The Miz really is.

CM Punk was the true star of this show, putting in a world class performance both in his pre-match promo and in the Chamber itself. No other wrestler in the world plays his character to such degree of perfection as Punk does, and did last night: His whiny as fuck promo, coupled with a tremendous 'pathetic' sell job were a highlight of the PPV for me. He didn't sell his bumps like a true 'warrior' would, and his reaction when it looked as though he'd cut his elbow was fucking awesome. Cena winning was inevitable.

Christian's return was cool, though nothing to write home about.

Trish returning felt as though it would have been a lot better off taking place on R/SD.

Booker's commentary doesn't fit in to WWE's announcing style, and it showed here again. Please, throw whatever money it takes to bring JBL back alongside Cole.

Booker's commentary doesn't fit in to WWE's announcing style, and it showed here again. Please, throw whatever money it takes to bring JBL back alongside Cole.

Couldn't agree more. He can't be doing that much these days can he? The whole Vyper Fight League thing went belly up and I don't think Layfield Energy products are appearing in many 7/11 vending machines. He still makes his money but not in a massive, mainstream way. His a smart bloke and I don't see why he can't make some paper whilst popping into the 'E for two nights a week to lay down some much needed stability in the commentary team.

Or JR. I mean shoot that would do too. But it's not going to happen, is it. JBL on the other hand I fully expect to be back on screen within the next few years.

Archived